Increment Question

Can anyone explain how to setup an automatic simple increment counter.  I
just want the first column in each row to increment by 1 so it would be like

4  and so on....

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

0
nospam7515 (2084)

Chris,

Some ways

- enter 1 in A1. Then hold down the Ctrl key and fill down A1
- enter 1 in A1 and 2 in A2. Then select A1:A2 and fill down
- enter 1 in A1. Select A1:A100. Do Edit>Fill>Series Step=3D1

To fill down, point at the little black square in the bottom right =
corner of the cell and drag down.

HTH
Anders Silven

"Chris" <nospam@nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet =
> Can anyone explain how to setup an automatic simple increment counter. =
> just want the first column in each row to increment by 1 so it would =
be like
>=20
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4  and so on....
>=20
> Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>=20
> Chris
>=20

Exchange Send as question
Good Day, I have a problem that perhaps somebody out there can help me with. We are running an Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 with SP1 server. I have a user named Anne who is the Admin for two people Aaron and Liz. A few months back Anne wanted rights to send email as Aaron so she can just send email as him with out the On Behalf showing up in the email. I went to class after that and I asked the question on how can I do it. They said that I should just give her full rights to Aaron mailbox. So she already had full rights so I added the from option to her Outlook ...

Calculation Question
I have to calculate total tax based on a graduated scale. Let's say I make $15,000 (in cell A1) and I want to calculate tax in one cell (in cell B1). The tax rate is such that the first $1,000 is at 0%, the next $2,000 at 10%, the next $3,000 at 20%, and then anything higher than $6,000 at 25%. What would the formula look like in cell B1 to calculate the tax expense of $3,050. Thanks, Scott Scott, Try this =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1>{1000;3000;6000}), (A1-{1000;3000;6000}), {0.1;0.1;0.05}) Allin one line if it line wraps -- Mike When competing hypotheses are ...

Petty Cash Question
We entered a payables transaction in the payables transaction entry window. Instead of crediting Accounts Payable, we instead credited a cash account. When we posted this transaction, Great Plains automatically placed the invoice into history as if we had cut a check. Is there a setting somewhere that would prevent this from happening automatically in the future? Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt, I am guessing that someone actually entered an amount into the Cash field on the right side of the Payables Transaction Entry screen. So that GP, correctly, assumed the invoice was fu...

Time Question #2
Column D: 11:01 PM Column E: 11:10 PM Using this formula =IF(C116="","",IF(D116="",0,D116-C116)) I get in column C: 0:09 (Elapsed minutes, which is what I want.) All well and good until this happens D: 11:01 pm E: 12:03 am Not I get gobbledeegook. Paul <Msr33@TPx12.com> wrote in news:7l7u64lph4kf49brn08p0eec8nug221b2d@ 4ax.com: > Column D: 11:01 PM > Column E: 11:10 PM > > Using this formula =IF(C116="","",IF(D116="",0,D116-C116)) I get in > column C: 0:09 (Elapsed minutes, which is what I w...

Multiple listbox questions
I have a sales/cost/profitability report that with lots of help from posters here I have managed to create a form to filter it by several criteria and its all working well, I'm just tweaking it some now and have a few questions: First I have 2 listboxes 1 for customers (we currently have 346 listed), 1 for lots (we currently have 663 listed). On both of them (both multiselect) the slider does not work quiet right. On first load if you drag the slider all the way to the bottom, it only goes down about half the list, release the mouse button and the slider appears mid way do...

Easy charting question (hopefully)
Hi All, This should be a fairly simple one but I can not find through Google or Microsoft on how to accomplish it. My rows of data have 14 columns. One of those columns I would like to do a count on, so for example the COLUMN of data looks like: Apples Apples Apples Oranges Pears Pears Zuchini I want a chart that shows a count for each one, so there would be 3 apples, 1 oranges, 2 pears, and 1 zuchini. This would then be in a bar chart. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help, SD Perhaps this: Sub Test() Dim r As Range, c As Range Dim cht As Chart Dim s As Series Dim ws As Worksh...

MS CRM Employment Questions.
I have been working with Microsoft CRM 3.0 for about 6 months and have become fairly familiar with the tool as I am the only person doing any customizations in my organization and working closely with our Network Admin. I enjoy working with tool and was curious as to what opportunities people have found or are aware of. I work for a small company in Northern VA / DC Area and wear many hats including Release Manager and Product Manager but was interested in possibly doing this full time? Where would I start? Thanks! On Dec 14 2006, 11:55 am, socalcrm <socal...@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Calculated Field pivot Table Question
I have a pivot table that I would like to have a calculated field that fids the avereage by evaluating the the count of schools / total sales. the count of shools is created when placed in the data but my question is it possible to then use that data in a formula that is dynamic? I have used Count but it always returns 1 as I have discovered by looking at this board is the result you will always get. A calculated field will always use the Sum of the selected fields, even if you have used a different function in the pivot table, such as Count. As a workaround, you could add a column ...

OWA setup questions
I am running Exchange 2003, and am trying to find documentation on setting up OWA. I've seen mixed info on where you can put OWA. Here are my questions: 1) Can I put it on a separate IIS Server (just OWA), or does it have to be on the Exchange Server? 2) I understand I can set up a front end server, but then a need a second license, right? 3) I want my users to be able to connect through the internet, but obviously I have concerns about security. Is anyone actually running OWA on just one Exchange Server (without using a front end server)? Thanks, Troy OWA has to be installed...

DMF
Not to expose myself as a complete idiot , but are the Excel spreadsheet's that are part of the data migration framework Wizard actually "pulled" into the process or are they simply planning tools? Thanks, Lloyd They are planning tools -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Lloyd" wrote: > Not to expose myself as a complete idiot , but are the Excel spreadsheet's > that are part of the data migration framework Wizard actually "pulled" into > the process or are they simply planning tools? > > Thanks, Lloyd ...

question driving me nuts
Okay...I never thought I would ever have to use excel again. Lo and behold, I am now the owner of a business and have forgotten how to do some things. I know how to create formaulas for adding and stuff. I forgot how to make my calculatons so that my deposit would be broken down. For example say I have 5 of each dollar denomination (1,2,5,10,20,50,100) and coin (1,5,10,25,50,$1). My deposit has to be 790 (5 of each denomination-150). What I want my sheet to do is tell me how much of each denomination I should pull out in terms of numbers instead of dollar amount. For exaple instead of ...

Linking Question
We have a excel file (it's our Budget) it is uploaded in a folder on the company share drive (server). Each department needs to be able to make changes to their section of the budget(each department has their own sheet in the workbook). My question is can they have their sheet on their PC, make changes and hit an upload button that makes the change on the budget that is on our server. I don't want people to just copy the workbook to their PC and make the changes and then upload their refresh copy to the server, b/c somebody at the same time could be doing the same thing and their w...

Publisher 2002 question
Is there a way to set up an address book in Publisher 2002? Yes maam. Open Publisher and go to Tools > Mail Merge > Create Address List -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "judyt" <judyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39CFC3DE-47B6-4131-B406-AECDA88791BB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to set up an address book in Publisher 2002? ...

Question for Fanboys: Is Win 7 Finally It?
Question for M$ Fanboys: Is Windows 7 finally the compelling reason to migrate from Windows 98? Side question: what do I do for Microsoft Fax? Win 98 User wrote: > Question for M$ Fanboys: > > Is Windows 7 finally the compelling reason to migrate from > Windows 98? You've got to understand this fundamental concept when it comes to Windows and PC's: The OS comes pre-installed with the PC, and when the PC is discarded - so is the Windows license. The two are inseparable. You have the quaint impression that OS's and PC's are separate, and th...

.csv And (Possible) Spreadsheet Differences Questions
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. I have a radio control program that allows one to create an Excel spreadsheet of frequencies, radio filter characteristics, etc., and Import it into the program. Then, when using the program, one can tune the radio to particular frequencies, etc that were put on the spreadsheet. The Format that the spreadsheet has to be in is very definitive, but well defined. It also has to be in .csv format prior to the radio's doing an Import of them. So, up to yesterday, I created spreadsheets, and the program had no difficulty in Import...

Security question 05-19-10
I have a simple database with many fields that have an 'On not in list' command. The current code asks for a password to continue by means of an Inputbox. This works fine. Unfortunately, the password information can be seen by everybody (it is not masked). Is it possible to open a new password form and pass the password information somehow to this 'on not in list event'? If the password is correct, the code should continue, if not an warning. The current code looks like this: pw = InputBox("Enter password to continue") If pw = "1234" Then ...

Simple DNS Question
Hello. I have one domain with two Windows 2000 domain controllers. Each of the domain controllers is a DNS server and we have an AD-Integrated Zone. Here is my question. In the TCP/IP properties of the network card of each server should the preferred DNS be itself? For example, I have two DCs, Server 1 is 10.5.5.1 and Server 2 is 10.1.5.2. Should the preferred DNS order for Server 1 be 10.1.5.1, 10.1.5.2? And for Server 2 the DNS order should be 10.1.5.2, 10.1.5.1? Thanks for the help. On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:24:59 -0400, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.ne...

Data grouping and averaging questions in excel 2003
I am looking into purchasing a data logger that will collect voltage, amperage with a time scale.Below is a sample of the data and a summary to be generated above the data. I have some problems with how I can have a msexcel spreadsheet automatically calculate averages and total times for each zone. I would like a summary for many separate zones with a dozen or so sessions that have recording to last from 10 to 100 seconds within each session. I would like to automatically disregard calculating any values in column C that are <30 & all rows in column B that have been disregarded i...

Modal dialog box question
Hi, I've created a dialog called InfoWindow. Previously I had called it like so: c_InfoWindow = new InfoWindow(); c_InfoWindow->Create(InfoWindow::IDD, this); c_InfoWindow->SetWindowPos(NULL, r, t, w, h, SWP_NOZORDER); c_InfoWindow->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Now I want to create it as a Modal dialog, but I can't work out how to set it's size / position at runtime. InfoWindow IW(); // somehow set properties here (SetWindowPos gives runtime error) IW.DoModal(); Hi, Could you try to pass some variables to InfoWindow before calling its DoModal()? For example: MyDlg dlg; ...

Filter Question 05-20-07
I have a List Box from a query on my form that has a field ClientID and 2 other fields and on my form I have one ClientID, How can I filter the list box to only show the two other fields with the same ClientID in the list Box, Thanks for any Help ...

Question about different string type in VC++
Hi, I want to write a simple Trim() function to trim the spaces around a LPSTR string. I created a dialog based app to test the routine, the Trim() function seems to be OK, but when I close the dialog, it causes General Protection Fault. I tried some other approaches but no go. Since I only intent to use Ansi string, so I did not use any _T() macro or _TCHAR() macro in Trim(). Please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks. Here are the code fragments: void CSimpleDlg::OnBTNTest() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString sInput; LPSTR sTemp; GetDlgItemText(IDC_TX...

uninstall software question
I have a logitech joystick software installed on my vista home machine. I want to uninstall it through the control panel, programs and features but a message keeps coming that "the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I have had this computer for four years and noone, absolutely noone, has ever touched it other than myself. Any help appreciated in advance. http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=8872 http://systemadministratorhassetpoliciestopreventthisinstallation.com/ -- .. -- "Tony Vella" <ajay.vella@gmail.com&g...

Questions and insight about inventory allocation in Sales Order Processing
My apologies for the novel below, but I'm looking for some insight into automatic inventory allocation. In the past, everything used to be entered as a back order so the automatic allocation would not happen. A series of custom built Access applications by our previous partner would be used to manually fulfill orders. The front line customer service people would tell Purchasing what to order (even if we needed to order or not). Long story short, it was a mess. Now this has all been eliminated. We enter customer orders in SOP as Orders and back order quantities accordingly. Purchasin...

Bar chart question?
I have a list with names and values as follows: A B Law 22 Low 5 and so on for 34 rows. But the list can very in size. I have a chart that takes the data from this list, but I can only have the source "1 to 34" rows. Is there a way that the chart veries with the size of the list? -- Bob You need to explore the concept of 'dynamic chart' Start here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html If you need more Google <excel dynamic chart' If you have Excel 2007, it is every easy: just select the data used for the chart and make it...

easy question .... i think
my spreadsheet data goes down to row 297 yet if i scroll alll the way down to the bottom it goes to row 690. How do i get rid of all empty rows ? -- thanks Dean Dean, have a look here : http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dean" <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0CEBDD-1564-4849-9EE2-0715370B0562@microsoft.com... > my spreadshee...