incorporate paste value in vlookup

is there a way to incorporate "paste value" in a vlookup formula ? I have the
vlookups in the column working and feeding off of the multiple worksheets.
the data will be updated weekly (and new columns with the updated data added)
and i would rather just copy new data on top of the old in the worksheets
instean of  having to add new worksheets with new data... as to keep the
previous column from changing.
--
problem

Picture numbering past 65536?
I am using an excel spreadsheet as a template for webpages. For each page I insert 5 pictures which I create elsewhere. As each picture is inserted, Excel gives it a number. When you select the graphic you see the number in the Name box. The problem I have is that when the number of Pictures gets to 65536, VBA gives an error message when trying to insert the next picture. The excel file keeps a running total of the pictures inserted over time i.e. it doesn't go back to zero when you close the file. Does anyone know how to set this back to zero? Post your VBA code so we can see ...

How to incorporate voice commands into a VB6 application on XP?
On my new PC, which is running XP, I have been playing around with speech recognition. How can I get my VB6 program to respond to voice commands? VC works with, say, Word straight away. I don't have to configure XP or install anything. I just rand through a couple of the training exercises and then I could dictate into Word or switch to Voice Command mode and say things like "file open". I once experimented with Microsoft DirectSpeech in VB6, but I had to download a ton of SAPI stuff first. Ideally, I would not want a user to have to install anything other than wh...

Match past check to scheduled payment
Example: I have scheduled transaction for and recently paid quarterly RE tax of $1000 on 4/16 - check # 123 but wasn't prompted " is this your scheduled payment" and couldn't chose, so accepted /entered the info into register. Scheduled payment still shows as being due on 4/30. Other than 'skip this transaction', is there a way to tell M2006 - this outstanding scheduled payment WAS paid ? If I choose the scheduled payment it shows me on bottom of popup - You did pay $1000 on 4/16, but then shows only option as paying the bill and choosing ATM debit - check numb...

Excel Autofilter Copy and Paste with Changing Values
I have used a macro written by Ron de Bruin entitled “Copy5” that uses Autofilter to find, copy, and paste rows from one worksheet to another. My search criteria are called out as follows: My_Range.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=" & Worksheets("Calculations").Range("A16").Value My_Range.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:="=" & Worksheets("InputPage").Range("A13").Value My_Range.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="=" & Worksheets("InputPage").Range("B2").Value My_Range.AutoFilter ...

averaging less than values
How do I average a column of numbers where less than values are calculated as that number? 2 <2 3 4 <2 5 In the average I want the<2 to = 2. So the answer should be 3 -- JD Assuming source data as posted in A2:A7 Paste this in say, B2, then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to array-enter the formula: =AVERAGE(SUBSTITUTE(A2:A7,"<","")+0) Adapt the ranges to suit -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,500 Files:358 Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "JD" wrote: > How do I average ...

Copy and Paste (Excel to PowerPoint)
Hi, I'm having a trouble copying from chart (excel) to Powerpoint. It looks good but the colour and font look different. How do I make the font and colour looks the same as Excel Chart to Powerpoint. I am appreciate your help . Thanks Try using EzPaste-xl2anywhere (www.Ezpaste.net) for better results Regards Avi Submitted via EggHeadCafe Microsoft SQL Server DBA For Beginners http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-topic-area/SQL-Server-DBA/6/SQL-Server-DBA.aspx ...

Formula so that response is >value
The same cell has two formulas, IF(D3>0,LOG(C3/F3),IF(D3<1,LOG(C3/10)). For example, if C3 is 1.0E+06, D3 is 100, then F3 will be 1.0E+03 (due to another formula), and the response for the first part should read 3.0. If D3 is 0, F3 will be <10 (due to another formula), and the response should read >5.0, not simply 5.0. I'm not sure I follow your formulas as described, but if you're looking to have your results display the ">" character along with the value, then maybe this example will lead you in the right direction: Let's say cell A1 contains ...

how paste real forumula, not "relative"
When i copy a formula from one cell to another Excel adjusts any relative cell references in whatever you are copying. How do i get it to paste the EXACT forumula without adjusting it? (I know I can copy/paste the actual text of the forumula but I'm sure there's another less manual way to do it.) Make the references absolute: =SUM(A1:A10) =SUM($A$1:$A$10) Another option: Copy the formula from the formula bar. Hit escape, then paste it wherever you want it. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Cirene" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:%23Ovz4BIOIHA.5208@TK2...

How can I get text to equal a numerical value in Excel?
I am developing a scheduling program for my workplace. The program will automatically calculate total time scheduled based on times entered (i.e., 8:00AM start time in one cell, 5:00PM end time in the next cell calculates to 9 hours in a third cell). However, we need to indicate days off, vacations and leaves of absences. When we enter text into the first cell, it obviously destroys the calculation in the third cell. I need to be able to have Excel assign a value of "0" for any cell that has text. Thanks, Mike Mike, I fixed similar problems in my files by using the if &am...

Format of pasted language
I have Word and Outlook 2007. In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt. When I paste content into Outlook, it comes up in Cailibri, 11 pt. As far as I know, there is no element of Calibri in my Word document. How can I get the TNR to stay TNR in Outlook? Thanks for the help. George Lutz You can make TNR 12 pt the default font in Outlook. You can go to Tools then Options and click on the Mail Format tab. "George Lutz" wrote: > I have Word and Outlook 2007. > > In Word, I use Times New Roman Font, 12 pt. When I paste content into > Outlook, it comes up in Ca...

How to incorporate MultiSelect in userform
1. The following code opens a user form which gives the user a choice to select 1 or more items (which are sheets). He then enters how many to print. What I can't work out is how to make the procedure print EACH of the selections and for the number of copies desired. (selecting the number of copies will apply to each item selected.) 2. The ' choose an item part doesn't do its thing either as it still prints if nothing is selected. Works OK if set to single selection, just can't work it for multiple. 3. ALSO, if its not too difficult, can the AddItem section cause the userf...

Publisher objects have degraded quality when pasted into Mediaface
When creating CD labels in Publisher 2003, I copy and paste the graphics into Neato MediaFace II to print them on label stock not supported by any other program. When I paste the graphic data, the curved edges and WordArt letters are misshapen and distorted (not pixelized). This didn't occur with Publisher 2000, but is occuring with Publisher 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks. Owen wrote: > When creating CD labels in Publisher 2003, I copy and > paste the graphics into Neato MediaFace II to print them > on label stock not supported by any other program. When I > paste the gra...

Copy and Paste
We are using GP 10.00.1237 and we have a user that the CTRL C / CTRL V functionality is not working on the PC. We are running SQL 2005 in a non-citrix environment. Everyone else seems to be able to use the windows shortcuts. There is no difference in setups from PC to PC. Any ideas ? The CTRL C / CTRL V function is not enabled on all screens in GP. In some it will work, others it does not. Get a user who can do the CTRL C / CTRL V to test the screen in question. Hmmm....alternatively you might want to check the language/regional settings of the machine in question...

Synchronized PDA on New PC
Hello! I sincerely hope that someone can help me with this issue. I rely heavily on Outlook, and my Pocket PC (Pocket PC 2003 w/ latest version of ActiveSync) I have been keeping all of my calendar events and my contacts on one PC with Outlook XP, synchronizing with my PDA. Recently, I bought a new computer, which is now running Outlook 2003. I installed ActiveSync on that PC, and synchronized. Everything has seemed to be great until today, when I went back to April 2004 on my calendar, to find the info about a past appointment, and it was not there. In fact, no past appointments are on...

Is there a way to copy and paste the date into worksheets
Is there a way to copy and paste dates into the worksheet withou individually typing up each one -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38137 Is there a way to insert it the date into the the worksheet tab (not th cells in the actual worksheet but the name of the worksheet itself -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: ht...

how can i copy and paste the value at the bottom of a column
how can i copy and paste the value at the bottom of a column even when the coloum gets longer The Question as well as your name is ambiguous don't know if you are ready to copy or to paste. Sometimes giving the purpose will get you a completely different and more useful reply. (who, when, why, where, how, how much) This macro will get you to the last cell in a column (toolbars.htm) Sub GotoBottomOfCurrentColumn() 'Tom Ogilvy 2000-06-26 Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select End Sub I guess this is the closest I can provide to your question, it copies the l...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

Paste all button?
How can I add a button for Paste All to a tool bar? -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) View, Toolbars, Customize, from Commands tab, find desired Icon and drag "up" to toolbar and Drop. Then Close Customize. HTH "Dodo" wrote: > How can I add a button for Paste All to a tool bar? > > > -- > > It is I, DeauDeau > (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) > "=?Utf-8?B?SmltIE1heQ==?=" <JimMay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:5B093CAF-0B54-4DF8-8D61-9C3080BC6F3F@micr...

result of Function to cut last 2 values out
i have used =--LEFT(L3, LEN(L3)-2). This cut off last 2 digits o value. i.e. 12345678912 became 123456789. But 00123456789 becam 1234567. How do I make it come out 001234567??? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi =INT(L3) or =INT(L3*1) when in L3 is numeric string -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.179bt5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ifew552.179bt5@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have used =--LEFT(L3, LEN(L3)-2). This cut off last 2 digits of > valu...

Limit Values
Hello, I have the following issue which I am not able to solve. I want to limit the value possibilities of a cell to #,0 and #,5 For example: 8,5 or 7,0 but not 6,2 and so on. I tried to do it with validation but it doesn't work. Hope anyone can solve this out for me. Many thanks. Noepie assumed the cell A1 need to limit the number to ( 0,5,7,8) Go to data | validaton | allow:custom | formula : =3DOR (A1=3D0,A1=3D5,A1=3D7,A1=3D8) | ok On Nov 30, 2:33=A0pm, Noepie <Noe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have the following issue which I am not able t...

A record with these values already exists.
Every time I try to do something with a quote, opportunity, or invoice, I get this error: A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again. I have no snap-ins. Any thoughts? Same problems here, found a solution? "Bebandit" wrote: > Every time I try to do something with a quote, opportunity, or invoice, I get > this error: > A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be > created. Select one or more unique values and try again. > > I have no snap-ins. ...

filter formula? or macro cut/paste string
Hi, I importes data from a .txt file in excel. I am strugling whether now I should use a filter formula or a macro to cut and paste data in row 4-6. I want row 3-6, because row 4-6 is relevant for row 3. Data in the rows are ditributes over cells by 'space' and ';' . So filename is in one cell, words in the next and sentences in the next cell etc for rows 4-6. Row 1 [filename]=d2000-0177.txt [words]=3388 [sentences]=49 [lines]=414 Row 2 [filename]=d2000-0193.txt [words]=3101 [sentences]=87 [lines]=335 Row 3 [bestandnaam]=d2000-0230.txt [woorden]=4604 [zinnen]=111 [re...

removing duplicate values from a column
It sounds so simple that I must be overlooking the obvious answer, but I can't seem to find a way to remove duplicate values from a column. The case is simple: I have 600+ emailaddresses in column A, sorted alphabetically and there's a bunch of duplicate addresses in there (some of 'em occur up to 7 times!!). Instead of manually running through the whole list, removing the duplicates, there MUST be some soft of filter/function in excel to do this for me... Could anyone PLEASE help me with this!?!? Cheers! -- NOTE: remove the spamtrap from the emailaddress Jops, Select the em...

Shapes resize when pasted
I am a veeeeeery new user to Visio. I am trying to copy org charts (created without using the org chart template) into a newly created file based on the org chart template (so that I can take advantage of the org chart features for future updates). When I paste the existing charts into this new file they come in smaller and in some cases the positioning of the boxes is off. I notice that the grid appearance of the two files is not identical but I have checked the grid spacing (Tools > Ruler & Grid...) and the settings are the same in each file. I would just like to do a simpl...

Duplicate value
I have a form with a subform on it. The subform has 5 fields, set up as datasheet view: ID (autonumber) Start End Qty (sum of end-start) Line Type (combo box) I've been asked to see if the 'End' can automatically be entered at the 'Start' on the next line; however, there is upon occassion the need to change the start number. For example: ID Start End Qty Line 1 0 215 215 (whatever) 1 215 300 85 (whatever) 1 325 ...