Including a formula in a path name.

Dear MS,

How about a new function for this one. I'm sure MANY users have the same problem as me.

The research below seems quite comprehensive and has effectively come up against a brick wall.

Thanks
Peter

Harlan Grove posted this UDF:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=hkQVb.2432%24_4.259%40www.newsranger.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Expand AllCollapse All
0
Peter2031 (452)

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Transpose, but preserve, a range of formulas?
I'm using Excel 2000. I have a column (precisely, a 1-column by 12-row range) containing formulas. I want to end up with a transposed copy of this range (12 columns by 1 row) in which each cell contains exactly the same formula as the corresponding cell of the source range. For a simple example, suppose range H7:H18 contains these formulas: H7 =E7+G7 H8 =E8+G8 etc. I want to copy this range into C44:N44 so that I end up with C44 =E7+G7 C45 =E8+G8 etc. Is there an easy, direct way to do that? If not, is there an indirect way, short of brute force, and how does it work? Thanks i...

formulas in excel #3
Hi I have a column of numbers between 0 and 150. If the value is between 2 amounts say 0 and 22 then i want it to return with a value that i set. If its between 23 and 28 then return a different value. And so on up to 150. Is it possible to do this? Thanks If 7 or less try this idea starting with the higher numbers first, as shown here. If more, look in HELP index for VLOOKUP =IF(C3>120,1,IF(C3>100,2,IF(C3>80,3))) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "gaynie" <gaynie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBED06F0-047F-4373-A531-D2E6C6...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

how do you make a summary page showing the workbook name with the excel sheet names
How do you make a summary page which would have the bookbook name as the folder and the excel sheets listed under, so that when you look up your file you get the folder (workbook name) and then the sheets are under and you can click on any to open. -- carole ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34643 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544354 I have home-made XLA that should help: http://cjoint.com/?fwqZQdNgus It is not protected: you ca...

keep formula after typing in a value in a excel cell
Hi there, my problem is, that i need something like: there is a function in a excel-cell (for example '=setvalue("sqlserver", "DB", "table")'). now i type in a value (for example 100) then the function "setvalue" must write this value (100) in the server, db and table from the parameters. after leaving the cell the formula is still the same and only the value 100 ist visible for the user. and if i go back to the cell than i can see the function in the menubar. there is a product from applix (TM1) and they did it. the problem is, that the souce...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

copy contents including colour
Hi In cells A1:B73 I have a list of contacts which are colour coded. What I want to be able to do is to be able to enter the name of 1 of the contacts in lets say G1 and it will search for that name in A1:B73 and automatically copy its colour code over. Many thanks for any help. Al Hi, I'm assuming that the colour codeing isn't a result of conditional formatting and it's simply a fill colour. To do this you need VB. Alt+F11 to open vb editor. Double click the worksheet that this data are on and paste the code in on the right. Close VB editor and type your name...

Number format using formula or cell content
Is it possible to use a formula or the content of another cell to set the number of decimal places? For example, if cell A1 had a formula which results in the value 4, I want cell C6 to show 0.0000 and if A1's value was 7 I want C6 to show 0.0000000. Thanks.... Hi not possible with a format. You'll have to use VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mike hutchins" <ma_hutchins@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ccdd7764.0409240642.3e6bb7d0@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to use a formula or the content of another cell to set > the number of ...

Fastest ways to trace formulas (especially when cells link to other worksheets)
Hello, I am finding it challenging to trace my formulas when they link to other spreadsheets. It is a manual and tedious process, and I am thinking that there has got to be a faster way than physically searching for the cells to which the formulas are referring. Does anyone know of a fast way to jump to precedents and dependents of formulas. (I did notice the formula auditing toolbar, but it seems to only work when you are trying to trace formulas in the SAME worksheet). Thanks for any suggestions. For tracing across sheets, if you were to double-click on the dotted arrow that points to/f...

reference to a formula
Hi I have a workbook that has several formulas and 15 sheets which causes the workbook to be very large. Is there a way to reference to a formula instead of copy and pasting the same formula on every worksheet? thanks On Feb 17, 6:23=A0pm, "Fawn Lagimodiere" <flagimodi...@shaw.ca> wrote: > Hi I have a workbook that has several formulas and 15 sheets which causes > the workbook to be very large. =A0Is there a way to reference to a formul= a > instead of copy and pasting the same formula on every worksheet? > > thanks Group the sheets, select the first she...

Range names in financial projections; to enable getting data from a specific period
Hello -- In projecting cash flows over time, I want to name the summary rows (revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, etc.) so that I can easily get each row's value for a specific period, for further processing. I have seen the method where columns and rows are named, and the intersection of a column and row is named using their combination, separated by a space (as the intersection operator). Can anyone recommend methods which have worked for them? Thanks for any help. Larrry Mehl mehl_at_cyvest.com Select table and set it up via Insert/Name/Creat -- Message posted from http:/...

Renaming user account and accessing old account named mail
Using W2K3 server and Exchange 2K3. I need to rename a users account. First I'd like to know the proper way to do it. Is right clicking and choosing rename the most appropriate and will it change the name in all the necessary places (display, etc). Or should I go to properties and modify the name on the general tab, the modify the name on the Exchange General tab and then on the account tab? Second, once the account has been renamed, where will the e-mail from the prevous account be? Will it show up in the inbox of the new account? Understand - all you are doing in essence is chang...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

Include a button on toolbar to include/exclude original text when.
When replying/forwarding a message you must go to thru several screens to change your base setting or highlight and delete the message. Add an optional button that would allow you to include/exclude as each message is opened for reply/forwarding. ...

Including Images in Excel Report Builder
We have a client that is attaching jpgs to the item maintenance window in GP and they want an Excel Report Builder report of each inventory item along with its image. It seems that the file name is stored in hex format. Is it possible to include a reference to the image location in an Excel Report Builder report, so the report can include the image inside of Excel? Thanks ...

after crash forms display #NAME?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

formulas in excel #2
I'm having trouble dislaying the results of my formulas. I've typed the formulas in and that's what is displaying instead of the results. I know I'm overlooking something but I just can't seem to figure it out. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Tom Hi Tom your cell is porbably formated as 'Text'. Goto 'Format - cells' and change the format to 'General'. After that reenter your formula HTH Frank Tom wrote: > I'm having trouble dislaying the results of my formulas. I've typed > the formulas in...

#include
Is there a way I can view a text version of my files AFTER the #includes have been processed? I tried using the different switches I found in the documentation for use with cl.exe, but I seem to get everything except what I'm looking for. Example Follows this is what I have before:********************************** //NoClass.h (header file class NoClas void DoSomething() //NoClass.cpp (implementation file #include "NoClass.h CWinSomething *pwsSomething this is what I'm trying to see after:************************************ //NoClass.cpp (implementation file //No...

sender domain name?
I have one Exchange 2003 in a semi-lab setup. It is part of my lab domain, we'll call it test.domain, so my server is mail.test.domain Obviously test.domain is not resolveable from the Internet and when I send mail, it goes out as test.domain. How can I make this server send mail out as mail.blah.com so its resolveable? (and will quit bouncing all my messages to domains that do reverse dns lookups?) Thanks for any and all help!! -Mike Change the addressing. You might consider adding a subdomain to your production domain like test.company.com, registering it with an MX record ...

is it included?
I can't access spanish as a language (spell check incl) from office xp. Is there a download somewhere that will complete the ability to change between languages Engl and Span. Thanks Hi Tony! Take a look at: http://www.acoustics-noise.com/ Eric Desart has a downloadable Analysis ToolPak Translator and the site contains essential information on translation issues. Here's some general blurb about it: "It's probably the only utility on the net capable of automatically extracting the translation of Analysis ToolPak functions, with the added functionality that it automatical...

how to include error correction codes?
hi all, what APIs can i use to include/enable error correction codes in VC++ for modem communication. pls suggest methods thru VC++ codes & not AT commands. can anythihg be done using MODEMSETTINGS ? thanx in advance, ...

Formula Help #52
I need help on how to do a formula in one cell Price A Price B MPG A MPG B $1.50 $1.65 27 the formula i need in MPG b goes like this 1.50/27 = 0.06 (1.65/0.06) = 29.7 I need this whole formula in the Cell under MPG B Thanks For any Help Jay -- jayoung ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jayoung's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396582 If your numbers are columns A,B,C then the formula in D: =C1*B1/A1 should work just fine --...