Inability to edit or view queries

I have a spreadsheet on a network, that queries an Acess database, on the
same network.  When I try to view/edit the query the option is greyed out.
Why can't I get into the query?  I've got read and write priviledges.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
0
SCW (10)

Edit PO Report / Dptm
Somebody know? How to include Department of each item into Purchase Order Report? ...

Combo box in list view?
I have a CListView (Report Style) and I have a drop down combo box, but the box is larger than the cell in the report, can I change it? ...

No Account records are available in this view when I go offline
When i'm online i see all my accounts, i do an sync, no errors. When i'm trying to get my info in accounts or other i get : No Account records are available in this view when i go offline. I have installed all the patch and my registry value is good. I use Xp sp2 and I'm a admin on the server and on my laptop and i'm also a crm user. hmm try the sync again go online again then go into the mscrm registry on the client computer with the sfo client and do this 1) remove regvalues UserReplicationId and LastSyncDate 2) Set regvalue RCOffline = 0 3) Restart Outlook and try GoO...

Query Tables Lost
I have a situation where after an upgrade from Office XP to Office 2003, an error message occurs when I open an Excel file created in Excel XP which has a Query Table attached. The error messages syas something like: Some data may be lost. - Query Table Is this expected behaviour and is there a way to convert the Query Table so that it will work in Excel 2003? I found out why this was occurring. The file had an external data source which had been deleted by the customer! "David" wrote: > I have a situation where after an upgrade from Office XP to Office 2003, an error messa...

Using a macro to edit cells?
Is there a way to edit cells similiar to conditional formatting but us a macro button to perform the desired action? This macro would d something based on cell contents. I.e. bold all text that starts wit a certain set of characters -- bdun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bdunk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=50 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26548 Hi of course this is possible. Have you already experience with VBA? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "b...

auto edit problem
Excel keeps automatically removing "0" from the front of a #, but I want to keep them there When you enter a "number" string with leading zeros in a cell that's formatted for a number, or general, Excel just deletes the leading zeros and converts the remaining digits to a number. If you want to retain the leading zeros in a string, either pre-format the cell for TEXT, or type an apostrophe before entering the string. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Julie" wrote: > Excel keeps automatically removing "0" from the front of a #, but I want ...

Manipulating or comparing xs:dateTime values in xpath queries with SelectNodes
Is there a simple way of compare dates? I am trying to create a list of perishable stock in an inventory that is near or past its expiration date. I've tried telling it to compare a node's value with a DateTime string, but that doesn't work. I've assumed that it is easier to manipulate today's date instead of the date in my ExpireDate element. Thankyou in advanced for taking the time to read this and possibly helping me Echo 8 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------- My Code: Public Function FromElem...

Getting query data for a report
If I have the query "UniqueCounts" and following query results: Count ServicesType 2 Food Basket 99 Men's Dorm 84 Personal Needs 5 PN Family Pack 14 Program Dorm 7 Temporary ID What would I put in a text field in a report to get the query results from Count for the ServicesType "Men's Dorm". (Which should be the value 99.) Thanks! you would want to put in 'Men's Dorm' as the criteria in the query....on in a new query that is applied to this query ...

Hyperlink Viewing Pane Question
I have a hyperlink in Excel for a folder on our server. When I click on the hyperlink in brings up the two viewing panes. The left side shows all the other server folders and the right side shows the folder that I want to see. So can I have the hyperlink open just that folder and not show everything else? I can show you a snapshot if that helps... my email is dennis@cartcorp.com ...

masked edit
is there a way I can use VB's masked edit control in VC++? Or any simple way to make a masked edit-type box to accept only phone numbers or predefined masks? I think this one will do what you want (phone numbers): http://www.codeguru.com/editctrl/mEdit.html Tom "bd_diamond" <diamond@stillwaterexpress.com> wrote in message news:23DDBDCB-F6F9-4A60-B3D8-75C0FAA71D40@microsoft.com... > is there a way I can use VB's masked edit control in VC++? Or any simple way to make a masked edit-type box to accept only phone numbers or predefined masks? There are also severa...

IIF Statement in a Query.
I need to create an IIF statement in a query that will check an item on a form and if that item is a certian value select only that value but if it is any other value select all values. I have tried the following: IIf([Forms]![zfrm_SwitchboardSplitSkill]![cbo_ServiceDesk]="CBO Field","CBO Field",Is Not Null) If CBO Field is selected in the pull down menu it will locate ony records with "CBO Field" in the field but if anything else is selected in the pull down menu it will not locate any records. To test I have tried entering in just "CBO Field" ...

using orf enterprise edition with exchange 5.5 running on Windows 2k server
Hello Fellows, We run one exchange 5.5 server on a windows 2k server box...we use scanmail from trend to quarantine viruses and attachments server side...up until recently (before I started this job) we where also running scanmail emanager to filter spam...emanager was turned off because it was bogging down the server and was not very efficient...I don't know this for a fact because emanager use was terminated before I started...now users want spam filtering again...so my choices are get emanager up and running again or find cheap alternative....orf is reasonably priced (100 bucks per ser...

Not able to view activities
Hi, I have a MS CRM 3.0 VPC running. I have allocated 1GB memory as recommended. However, whenever I try opening Activities(any entity for that matter), it is throwing an error dialog "An error has occured. For more information, contact you system administrator." I checked the event viewer, but there is no information about any error/exception. I searched for the CRM log, but couldn't locate it. Pls help me fix this issue. Thanks and Regards, Mahalax. ...

Using MFC windows functions to make a childclass database view cor
I am trying to open a database view which is derived from CWnd. The view is initially several columns too far to the right. I can actually (temporarily, when stopping at breakpoints in the debugger) get it correct--set to the left, by using the ScrollWindow function with a positive argument [in this case +350 pixels] . This positive argument is to me counterintuitive since I would expect a negative number so that the text would move to the left, but I suppose scrolling could work either way. In any event, I tried using RedrawWindow, Refresh, ActivateTopParent, UpdateWindow, and even R...

Filter the view in the servicecalendar
I have special servicegroups in my CRM program where there are an amount of users included. When I go to the servicecalendar I would like to have the opportunity to only show the users/resources in that special servicegroup. Now I see all users in the CRMprogram. I´ve tried to make lists for users in Advanced Search but I receive an error that the question is not available when I choose that view in the servicecalendar. Can someone help me further? Thanks! On 5 jan, 10:28, Martin <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have special servicegroups in my CRM program whe...

Macro to edit formula
I have a formula which gives a #n/a in the cell : =VLOOKUP(A1,B14:C29,2,FALSE) In order not to show #n/a, I've edited the cell and changed it to: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,B14:C29,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(A1,B14:C29,2,FALSE)) Is there a way to create a macro so that I don't have to edit the formula every time. In other words, the macro will do all the editing for me. Thanks in advance for your help! -- Tang123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tang123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27846 View this th...

editing a drop down
I have a downloaded workbook that i am working with and it is missing cupple things from some of the dropdowns how would I go about fixin this this workbook was free,posted on a site by the auther and I tryed t contact the auther but he has yet to write back -- katewe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27693 Hi Kateweb you might like to click on the cell with the drop down in it and choose data...

Remove E-Mail Address from Public View
Last time I had occasion to post an Outlook problem, Vanguard told me that I'm exposing my true e-mail address in Usenet. I know this is probably an Outlook Express type question (since that's the program I'm using to post)...but how do I change that? Thanks, mark4man Click Tools - Accounts - News (tab) and double click the usenet server (eg: msnews.microsoft.com) to open the settings. Change your email address there. You don't even have to use a real email address. I use 'a' as my email address. "Mark Forman / DRC, TRCT" <trct.drc@verizon.net...

Drawing static/edit control in different colors
Hi All, This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during InitDialog and while dialog is 'up' (DoModal). As an aside, can change the color of static text just based on the resource ID? i.e. not creating a variable for the control in the dialog class. Thanks in Advance! Corey. Corey Wirun wrote: > Hi All, > > This should be a simple question, but it is possible to, control the color > of text written to static text or an edit box? I need to do this at during > In...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

Inability to use links
When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I post the same link in Explorer, it works fine... the web site appears as advertised. I assume that the assocaition between IE and Outlook is broken but I don't know how to fix. Some hints on how to fix would be appreciated. Bruce Are you looking in the preview screen? If you actually open the message it should then become active. You might also have to hold ctrl when you click it. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a link in my email, nothing happens. If I >post the same link in Explorer, it works ...

To create view with parameter
Please anybody can advice me with the steps to create a veiw with parameters in MsAccess 2007 . I have the following colum invoicemonth numeric invoiceyear numeric invoiceamt double the parameter where invoicemonth >= ar_monthfrom and and invoicemonth <= ar_monthto Please help . It would be very helpful. With thanks Pol Are you saying that you want the user to be prompted for ar_monthfrom and ar_monthto? Put the following as the criteria under the invoicemonth field in your QBE grid: Between [ar_monthfrom] And [ar_monthto] Or are you ...

Error Message When Executing a View
In Access 2007, when I set up a View to query some fields and then delete some of the fields from the query I get an error message. For example, I set up a View in Access 2007 to return columns X, Y and Z, as shown below: SELECT col_X, col_Y, col_Z FROM dbo.Sales I then successfully executed the query. I then removed columns X and Y from the View so that the query would only return Z as shown below: SELECT col_Z FROM dbo.Sales When I executed the View, I got a Microsoft Access error message that said "Cannot find column 'X'". So, I addedd co...

Prevent Viewing on worksheet
Dear All, I want to prevent some other one can view some of worksheets in my workbook. Although Excel can hide the worksheet, it can be unhide again without protection. Does anyone know how to do so? Best Rdgs Ellis In article <e8qbxl2uGHA.5056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Ellis Yu" <ellis.yu@transfield.com> wrote: >Dear All, > > I want to prevent some other one can view some of worksheets in my >workbook. Although Excel can hide the worksheet, it can be unhide again >without protection. Does anyone know how to do so? If you don't want others to...

Help with complex query 02-19-10
Hello, I have a Routing query which show all seq of step to complete the part. Another query that show production WIP status. I want to be able to tie them together so that I can show current orders in each seq of the Routing. I tried, tried, but couldn't come up with a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Here is the sample data. Routing query/table: Part Seq Area Mach ABC 10 Drill 2020 ABC 20 Turn 1060 ABC 30 Inspect ABC 40 Ship ABC 50 Complete ProductionWIP query/table: Part Seq Area Mach Order Qty ABC 10 Drill 2020 111200 1 ABC 10 Drill 2020 111201 2 A...