In Word the shortcut keys to change from UC to LC is shift F3....

In Word the shortcut keys to change from UC to LC is shift F3, why not have
the shortcut keys to do the same in Excel?

Hi

is this a question on how to change case in Excel, or a request for MS to
implement the shift F3 short-cut, if it is the later then email them at
mswish@microsoft.com

with excel in the subject line and details of what you would like in the
message body.

if the former then reposting in the form of a question might receive an
answer.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"jdtrkohler" <jdtrkohler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Word the shortcut keys to change from UC to LC is shift F3, why not
> have
> the shortcut keys to do the same in Excel?

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Outlook: shortcut to enter signature in individual email message.
A shortcut method should be available to insert signatures in an individual email in Outlook when I use Word as my email editor. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=da49690e-4051-4e19-af10-26...

MS word as default email editor
this is the first time i am using windows mail. in all earlier versions like outlook / express etc, i know this option where you can use word as default editor for composing all new mail messages. this ensures that we can format / allign / bullet etc just like in word. However, this windows mail thing is not showing me this option of using word as default editor for composing all new messages / replies. please suggest / advise. i am talking about the POP windows mail available with Vsta in the start menu. "needhelp" wrote: > this is the first time i am using wi...

Unread emails automatically change to read after a few minutes
I have a weird problem that just started today with my email. All new emails (and even the emails I change back to Unread) automatically change to read after about 4 minutes. Now before anyone jumps to conclusion on the cause - The Reading Pane is turned OFF, Auto preview is turned off, I don't have options checked in the Reading Pane window of Tools>Option>Other>Outlook Panes, and I have NO rules whatsoever. I haven't changed anything or updated anything but it started sometime after shutting down the email client the day before and starting it this morning....

Select All Pictures and Change Wrapping Style to Behind Text
I am trying to get a macro that can change the wrapping style to behind text for all the pictures in the document. It would also be great if I could get this macro to change a lot of other properties too. For example, I want all the photos behind text, center horizontal alignment, height = 4", width = proportional. It would also be great if this macro could add a text box under each picture which was grouped with its respective picture. Any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Funny you should ask this now. I was just fighting with the same problem yeste...

Change reply-to address in outlook 2003 exchange cllient
How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile. Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client? Thx John John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote: > How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in > outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a > client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile. > > Where do I set the reply-to address...

Changing cursor (sizing problem)
Hi, I've created a cursor, and MSVC6 allows me to make it 16x16 pixels (what I want). Then I set the cursor at runtime: HCURSOR lhCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(IDC_NEWCURSOR); SetCursor(lhCursor); However, when running, it's size is 32x32. How to I get it to be the 16x16 I wanted? >Hi, I've created a cursor, and MSVC6 allows me to make it 16x16 pixels >(what I want). Then I set the cursor at runtime: > >HCURSOR lhCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadCursor(IDC_NEWCURSOR); >SetCursor(lhCursor); > >However, when running, it's size is 32x32. How to I get it to b...

Allow changing a recalled quote to a layaway
When you recall a quote you only have the option to have the customer pickup the whole quote or change the quote to a workorder. It would be useful to have the option to create a layaway from the recalled quote. Marc Beverly's Pet ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

change the year in a list of dates ex 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004
I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I want to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list. How do I do that? say the dates you have now are in col A in a new column, type =a1+365 and copy down then do a /copy/special/values on the new column so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A... then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right... "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57252856-7A95-4C46-8B96-10E4D127EAB9@microsof...

mouse shortcuts not working
I'm using XP office 2002. All of a sudden in excel only when I right click a cell or anything for that matter the normal drop down list that has all the shortcuts is no longer working. I must have a setting that is off and I can't figure it out. Now anywhere else within any other program this function works fine with no problems, so i must be in excel. Any ideas? Please help. thanks Ed, Press Alt plus F11 (Takes you to VBE) Press Ctrl plus g (Access to Immediate Window) Type in the following line Commandbars("Cell").Reset Press Enter and then press Alt plus ...

Developing for Word 2003 & 2007
I am currently developing an addin which can be used under 2003 and 2007. Does anyone have any information on the relative market of 2003 vs 2007? Where might I find this information. The specific market I am interested in is higher education and secondary education. Currently it works EXACTLY the same under both 2003 and 2007 and I am trying to work out how long I need to support 2003. For those who are intersted below are the main things I have done to exist in the 2003 and 2007 universes: * use userforms for the interface rather than toolbars or ribbon * stay away from...

word 2007- not saving files- does not bring up save box
Can't save any doc/docx when you try to save either save /saveas or ctrl s nothing happens and word crashes. Think it may have something to do with auto recovery of files? I have tried to change the normal.doc also but nothing seems to work. any thoughts greatly appreciated? Would it be simplest to reinstall? Thanks That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key w...

How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically
How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? What do you want to change it to? On Jan 4, 12:00=A0am, Spacing after commas and periods <Spacing after commas and peri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I change spacing after periods and commas automatically? You can't. Either press the spacebar as you type, or use the replace function to add whatever spacing you want. Note that with proportionally spaced fonts single spacing is correct. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Can I change the organizer of an Outlook 2007 meeting?
If a meeting is already set up by another user, is there a way to change the organizer (by the original organizer or another) instead of having to delete the original and resending out a new one? Thanks! No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outl...

When replying, OL says Word is busy...
This problem just started happening about two weeks ago, but I can't figure out the cause or solution. I'm using Outlook XP (from the Office XP suite) on Windows XP. If I try to reply to an email (or forward it), OL will pause... then come back with the error message: "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The or will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." (That's the exact word-for- word message) Once I get that error, it won't even try to use Word as my editor again unless I close it and open it again. ...

Changing e-mail program
Is there a way to change the e-mail program that is begin used by excel? Hi John You can change it in the Internet options(Programs tab) on the control panel -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "John A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dc501c3a9e5$9b2ba6c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to change the e-mail program that is begin > used by excel? ...

Entering a date that then gets changed to next weekday Thursday's date, say?
I don't want to make the current sheet I'm working on too complicated, so prefer not to go the macro route. Was hoping a formula would take care of this (?). If I enter a date via "^;", it would be so nice if the sheet knew to change the date to the following Thursday's date. i.e., when I type ^; into the currently empty date cell, it puts today's date of "2006.12.27.Wed" which I then stop to fix to nearest Thursday. Instead, it would be very helpful if a formula or something non-macro did that for me and changed it to the nearest Thursday's date, in...

Journal body: (Shift)Tab to (un)indent?
In many Microsoft applications, Tab and Shift-Tab increases or decreases the level of indentation. I don't suppose there is a button somewhere to enable such behaviour when type text in the body of an Outlook Journal entry? I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP. ...

Assign shortcut key to VBA procedure
Hi, Would it be possible to assign a shortcut key to a VBA procedure like can be done in Word and Excel? I use Outlook 2003 (MultiLangual version). -- Mvg, Frans Follow the instructions at = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/toolbar.htm#macro to add a macro to the = toolbar, then give it an Alt+ accelerator key by putting an ampersand & = in front of the accelerator character.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators,...

Display name change
My problem is this: I need email for just a few users to show up as shown below. This should be seen in the "From:" field on the recipient's email client. John Doe (Contractor) <jdoe@widgets.com> Currently it shows up in the recipient mailbox as: John Doe <jdoe@widgets.com> I tried changing the display name but it doesn't seem to work any differently. Is this possible? Seems like it should be relatively easy, but I guess I'm missing something somewhere. Dave display name is in fact the attribute you need to change. Once you change it, it should show u...

Changing account from which mail is sent
I have several valid email addresses from which I send, depending upon the nature of the email. How can I change, on the fly, not changing the default account, the account from which I send emails? Thanks... Also, how can I click on Send/Receive, and have it do just that without clicking on "all accounts" as in outlook express? Thanks again! What version of Outlook "Peter G" <peeg67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:005101c3be68$aeadd550$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have several valid email addresses from which I send, > depending upon the nature of the e...

sending ppp txt to word document
I have a multislide presentation. I'm trying to send the text to Microsoft Word. The operation works fine, except for the fact that some of the text will not transfer. It is as if text on certian slides is protected or soemthing. If I'm in the individual slide, I can selcet the text without a problem. I would simply do this were it not for the fact that I need to transfer text from more than 40 seperate presenations, each with 30-60 slides. Help! You can set slides to be hidden in PowerPoint - you have an option to hide slides in the slide sorter view. Check to see if t...

Dynamically Copying Changing Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to dynamically copy the formatting of a 1st cell whose format changes to another 2nd cell. Not just on creation, but anytime the original cell changes formatting either conditionally or manually? (Excel 2003, XP) Thanks! -- sdm ...

Changing Account Distribution Based on Customer Region
My chart of accounts is segmented by Product and Region. I have setup SOP to use posting Account from Item. In addition, I have setup a User-defined field to identify each customer region in Customer Address. Since I can only have one sale account for an item, I don't want to manually change my account distribution in sales documents everytime I sell to customers in a different region from the default defined for the item. I would like GP to automatically change the Account Distribution so that it substitute the appropriate region segment based on the user-defined field in Customer...

Enlarge a legend key in an Excel chart
In the legend box is there any way of making a legend key (the small coloured box next to the item) bigger without increasing the size of the text? No, the little symbol or box is scaled to the size of the text. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "NZJen" <NZJen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D047D449-6C68-4D01-99EB-2025CF14957B@microsoft.com... > In the legend box is there any way of making a legend key (the small > coloured > box next to the item) bigger without increasi...

Change Directory
Hi, I to know how to progammatically change the directory my powerpoint saves. The macro i'm writing is saving a backup copy in a different folder to my main slide. Only the VBA changeFileOpenDirectory doesn't work in powerpoint, what is the correct code for powerpoint please? In article <02B65A30-79E3-466D-8CC1-CFC43075DF48@microsoft.com>, Jenn wrote: > Hi, I to know how to progammatically change the directory my powerpoint > saves. The macro i'm writing is saving a backup copy in a different folder to > my main slide. Only the VBA changeFileOpenDirecto...