In Execl select unique rows from 2 different worksheets (or workb.

In Excel, is there any way to compare 2 different worksheets (or workbooks)
and select only the unique rows that are in both?
0
mcrmcr05 (1)

me also i loock about if you have any info com to you please inform me if you
can
thanks

--
Ahmed El Hadary
Financial Analyst

"mcrmcr05" wrote:

> In Excel, is there any way to compare 2 different worksheets (or workbooks)
> and select only the unique rows that are in both?
Chip Pearson has lots of ways to work with duplicates/uniques at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

mcrmcr05 wrote:

> In Excel, is there any way to compare 2 different worksheets (or workbooks)
> and select only the unique rows that are in both?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Execl
I cannot see fill color on worksheets only in preview why can it be fixed? The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 ron wrote: > I cannot see fill color on worksheets only in preview why can it be fixed? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Max issue with an Insert Into Select
Hello, i am hoping someone maybe able to help me with a problem i am having with an Insert Into Select statement. I am getting the Parameter dialog coming up when i try to execute the following query. The query uses a lot of predefined values but the problem is with the Max statement i think Thanks for any help given John INSERT INTO GH_STREET_REFERENCES (GSR_PK,GL3A_PK,GL4A_PK,GF_PK,LANGUAGE_CODE, CHANGE_TYPE, END_X, END_Y, USRN, DESCRIPTOR, NAMING_AUTHORITY_CODE, PROCESSED_FLAG,START_X, START_Y, TOLERANCE, TYPE, VERSION_NUMBER) SELECT Max(gh_street_references.gsr_pk) + 1 as gsr_p...

Select a specific Row
Hello, Does anyone knows how I could select/jump to a specific row? ie. I just open a file contains more than 5000th row of data, and i would like to jump to the 700th row, is there a way to do that? Thanks. Elaine. Press the F5 key (or Edit | GoTo) then enter A700 in the box and click OK. Pressing the <Page Down> key can also move you more quickly down the sheet, rather than <down-arrow> or scrolling. Hope this helps. Pete elaine wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone knows how I could select/jump to a specific row? > > ie. I just open a file contains more than ...

How do I make a graph with 2-cycle X 3-cycle log-log graph paper?
I need to create a graph that uses 2-cycle by 3-cycle log-log graph paper. I was told that Excel can be used to do this. However, after fiddling around with it for an hour, I have been unable to figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? Charles A. Wilson - The only Excel chart type that supports log-log is the XY (Scatter) chart type. If more "fiddling around" with an XY (Scatter) chart doesn't yield results for you, post again with your problem and your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Charles A. Wilson" <Cha...

multi select list box in a form as a query parameter
I have been able to build a query that is filtered by a selection in a Listbox in a form, but now i want to use a multi select list box so that two or more items can be included in the query. I constructed the query pointing to the List box which is not working. All I get is an empty dataset. Form Name: Receipts_Selection_Form List Box Name: List42 List Source: TBL_SLocation Multi Select: Simple With below code ---------- Private Sub List42_AfterUpdate() Dim frm As Form Dim ctl As Control Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim strWhere As String Set frm...

Customize link not working in Reports #2
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? ...

Advanced Find
In CRM 3.0, when creating an Advanced Find for the URL entity, we noticed that in the Select > Fields list, there are two instances of URL. Both instances work the same, but our users are curious why there are two instances when there is only one URL entity in the system. Thanks. ...

Waterfall Chart #2
I made a waterfall chart but I cannot attach "BOTH" values and lables on it. It only allow me to chosee 1 of them at at time. How do i do this without using any add-ins. Just want to work off 'basic' excel. Please advise Hi AFAIK without some add-in help not really possible. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Maxwell wrote: > I made a waterfall chart but I cannot attach "BOTH" values > and lables on it. It only allow me to chosee 1 of them at > at time. > > How do i do this without using any add-ins. > > Just want to work o...

saving excel files #2
Hi all , I am having a strange prob in excel whenever i save an excel file, it asks for extension (*.xls) there is something wrong with the settings this i know like when u save a new book on desktop it will save it as vikram.xl instead of vikram what is the way out i dont want this file extension along with the nam -- Vnagpa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26734 You can either hide the ext...

Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003
When is Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 going to be released? Is there any information avaliable now on what improvements or enchancements is going to be included in Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2? Haven't seen anything public except this. Looks like it is due out sometime in the second half of 2005. http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/12/22/330184.aspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B5B9CCA-0CC8-407B-A3DA-629F013D5EE1@microsoft.com... > When is Service Pack 2 for Exchange 2003 goin...

select query with aggregate?
I need to select all rows from table1 for a date range but only when 1 or more rows exist in table2 for the primary key in table1 for the same date range. What is the best way to achieve this in SQL 2005 sp4? TIA Matt Assuming you are returning the primary key in your select list. SELECT DISTINCT Table1.* FROM Table1 JOIN Table2 ON Table1.Table1ID = Table2.Table1ID WHERE Table1.MyDate BETWEEN @date1 AND @date2 -- Not sure if this is needed -- AND Table2.MyDate BETWEEN @date1 AND @date2 -- or -- SELECT Table1.* FROM Table1 WHERE Table1.MyDate BET...

findfirst
i wish to find a record based on 2 criteria, in this case i wish to search for a particular job id and then date type as each job id could have a multiple amount of date types. rs.Findfirst "[Job ID] = " & aJob AND "[Date Type] = " &aDate i am not sure how to program the AND. -- thanks liz liz wrote: > i wish to find a record based on 2 criteria, in this case i wish to > search for a particular job id and then date type as each job id > could have a multiple amount of date types. > > rs.Findfirst "[Job ID] = " & aJob AND "[...

Print statements in Originating Currency #2
Hi, Is there a way to print statements in the originating currency right from GP?. There is a thread here that explains how to do it if you are using Crystal Reports to print statements but we don't do that. Thanks Hi Tara, In the window where you setup your statement criteria, in the Form field, choose either the Multicurrency Blank or Multicurrency Long options. I hope this helps, Eleni "Tara edmoffice" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to print statements in the originating currency right from > GP?. There is a thread here that explains how to do it if ...

Protect Formulas while deleting rows
Is it possible to protect and entire column of formulas in a sheet while still allowing the DELETION of rows? hi your request seems contradictory. if you want to keep a certain column then you're not accually deleting rows, just the data on both sides of the column. is that what you want? just delete the data on both sides of the fomula column? if so, do this..... highlight the "rows" that you want to delete. press the F5 key(GoTo) click the special button. select constrants. click OK. all of your non-formula data should be highlighted. press the delete key. VIOLA!...

enabled/disable button off selection in combo box
Hello Everyone, I would like to be able to make a button only enabled when a particular selection is made from a combo box. I have done it before that it is only enabled when the combo box has an entry in it but is it possible to make it work only when say 1 of the 4 things in the combo box is selected but does nothing if any of the other 3 are chosen. I used this before in the After Update operativebutton.Enabled = Not IsNull(operativecombo) how can i make it do it with a field within the combo, is it something like (operativecombo.fieldID2)?? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonste...

auto word select
Hi, i need to know how i can get a list of words to act as auto select words so that i dont have to type the full word every time. I heard that i need incorporate a combo box. Thanks for your help ...

CRM 1.2 on new domain
Hi, how is it possible to restore CRM 1.2 if i still have the CRM database but the domain that the AD was installed on is no longer available. I despirately need to bring our CRM server back up on to a new domain as the old domain crashed and a new domain was created. any help is appreciated Hi Mohammad, If you still have the old MSCRM 1.2 databases. You can use the CRM 1.2 redeployment tool to redeploy CRM 1.2 to your new domain. Just google CRM 1.2 Redeployment Tool, then you can download it and there's a white paper that walk you through the entire redeployment. If you have any ...

Select Last in Range
Hi, I am writing a macro to copy a list of data from one spreadsheet to another. The list includes blank rows as separators. I want to select the entire list minus the blanks. I don't know how many rows it has or how many blanks there are. I would have preferred to use Selection.End(xlDown) but the blanks stop the selection early. My macro goes to the cell named "Start" and offsets one row down. This I know is the top of the list. I then select 1000 rows below that, because I know the list would never be that long. Then I have Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2...

Copying Contacts #2
I keep getting this message (The Address list could not be displayed. The operation cannot be performed because the connection to server is offline). All of my wires are plugged in and everything is configured corretly what am i missing that i need to check. Any help with this would be greatly appriecated. Thanks You first. Post your Outlook version, information store, and the action that produces this message. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gabriel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b601c48ea0$c45f0690$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I keep getti...

switch identities #2
I have 4 e-amail names set up in Outlook. When I go to control panel to change the setting so I have the ability to switch, the only identity it says is Outlook. I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. How do I fix this Do you have 4 profiles or 4 accounts in the one profile, when you go into the mail icon in Control Panel you should see a show profile button click on that and it will show you the profiles you have "Vivian" <hootonhollar@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1158401c3f523$1c6ecdb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have 4 e-amail names set up in Outlook. When I ...

Selecting text in CRichEditView
I want to only select characters that I click and drag the mouse pointer over in my CRichEditView and not have the entire word selected as soon as I cover the first character in that word. I'm having trouble finding help on how to change this "auto-select" feature. Will someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks, Lowell. No takers on this one? Lowell "Lowell Specht" <specht@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:13ebb36bh4sbvdc@corp.supernews.com... >I want to only select characters that I click and drag the mouse pointer >over in my ...

How to correct wrong selected bank name
I selected Chase Credit Cards (aka Bank One Visa) in error - it should have been Chase Credit Cards. How can I correct this? I keep getting back to the aka entry. Bob In microsoft.public.money, BobTucson wrote: >I selected Chase Credit Cards (aka Bank One Visa) in error - it should have >been Chase Credit Cards. How can I correct this? I keep getting back to the >aka entry. Disable Chase for online access. Go to the details for the account and change the Financial Institution. Set it up for online access again. ...

CRM Questions #2
1. Exchange Server - CRM integration Physically where are the emails are stored, in exchange database or crm database? If they are stored in exchange than how will you manage the archived emails 2. OCS – CRM How is CRM integrated with OCS. Does OCS have the facuilty to record calls if so where do these call reside in OCS or CRM. Is there an integration with CRM where the call to a contact is made through CRM. Is there an option to “call” through CRM after this integration. 3. CRM - Fax server Any faxes received through OCS, can they be integrated with CRM? If so then how does this f...

Select criteria based on the field name the user selects
Hi all, I am facing with aproblem where in i have a small access db with forms and reports now i want to change or set the where condition of a query based on the value the user selects from the form through a combo box. For ex:- if user is selecting Invoice_date then the where condition should search based on invoice date if the user selects any other field the querys where condition should search based on that particular field.Can any one help me in getting a solution for this. I have a sample database that shows how you can use various controls to set the filter of a query that i...