In excel 2000 My work was not saved because of power failure what.

I was just working on excel 2000 and I lost my work because of the power
failure  I  have lost so many daa and now gainnig unnecesory pains.
can you plase help me ?

Hi
if you haven't save your data then the data is probably lost

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"jatin_Soni" <jatin_Soni@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:782EAEA2-958D-42D8-8BCF-5B6CF046D003@microsoft.com...
> I was just working on excel 2000 and I lost my work because of the
power
> failure  I  have lost so many daa and now gainnig unnecesory pains.
> can you plase help me ?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/9/2004 5:18:50 PM
For the next time...

But xl2k (and previous versions) offers an autosave function--used it to
save your files at regular timed intervals.

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a user
selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or puts
them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups from the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open the
last version it saved.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Cant save ite
This keeps coming up when one of my users tries to create calendar items. He can open someone elses and create them no problem but his own even from my outlook cannot be edited. I have checked the permissions, I have recreated his profile, done a repair, searched the knowledge base but to no avail. We are using outlook 2003 with exchange 5.5 (soon to be upgraded) Please help ...

How do I toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file ?
Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown Regards Rowan Sameer wrote: > Please tell me the keyboard shortcut to toggle between worksheets in the same > Excel file. My OS is XP and am using Excel 2000. ...

Opening Excel #5
When opening excel 10 different audio files have attached themselves to the start of each file. It's like the New Cd with Rod Stewart have transferred to excel. When launched, XL opens (or attempts to open) all files in your XLStart directory and, if an additional folder is designated, the files in Tools>Options>General Tab>At startup, open all file in___. Most users leave this option blank and remove all non-essential files from XLStart. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "GOLFBALL49" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel 97 / Excel 2000 compatibility problem?
Hello, I=B4m developing an Excel application with Excel 97. I have added a control toolbox of type textbox to one of=20 its worksheets. Until now it was no problem to run it with Excel 2000. But in the latest version the textbox disappears in Excel=20 2000. It is still visible on the sheet, but its name is=20 not more known in the Excel-VBA-Code nor is it visible in=20 the editor windows class list. Has anybody an explanation for this behaviour? Regards Michael ...

Saving MS Word Document to Hard Drive and Flash Drive Simultaneously
When using MS Word 2007 on WinXP or Vista, is it possible to save the document to both the hard drive and a flash drive simultaneously? Many thanks in advance, Peter PeterOut wrote: > When using MS Word 2007 on WinXP or Vista, is it possible to save the > document to both the hard drive and a flash drive simultaneously? > > Many thanks in advance, > Peter See the last section of http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-...

growing excel database
Hello everyone! It is possible to import data into excel from the web. It is also possible update this data IN THE SAME CELLS. In other words, the values that once occupied the cells are replaced with new values. That is a problem for me. I would like updated information to be pasted in rows above the old data. Is this possible? If so, how? Piotr, Yes, it is possible to import data into Excel from the web. Web queries are designed to do this and if a web query can't do what you need, then there are ways to automate Internet Explorer (i.e. IE Automation). You can record a m...

Sorting issue
Hello, I am having a problem sorting two columns (one is the street name and the other is the street number eg. 321 Smith St) in Excel 2007 by using a custom sort. Let's say that the data in column A is the number and B is the street name. I have the sort setup to sort first by B then by A. The problem is with the numbers. Some numbers are out of order in the spreadsheet although the majority are correct. I have formatted the number column (A) as a number as well. I have also tried creating a new spreadsheet and pasting (paste special) the data into it with the same result. Can anyo...

Excel sheet
I want to increase value by 1 of every cell which I entered by using formula. How can do this? I want automatic result in excel I am getting problem by this You are in a Microsoft Publisher ng. But if you want to number a column, i.e., line numbers, this may be what you want In A1 put 1 In A2 put =1+a1 Now copy A2 down to whatever you want. I think this is how it goes in Excel; I'm a Lotus 1-2-3 user and the formuli are a bit different. Have a Merry! -- Don Vancouver, USA "vasanth" <u40119@uwe> wrote in message news:7d26017dc9997@uwe... >I want to incr...

Strange Excel behaviour

How do I save a logo so that I just have logo and not the whole pa
I create logo with design galery but when I try to insert it I get the whole page instead of just the (object) logo. HELP! What version Publisher? Right-click the logo, save as picture. When you want to use it, insert, picture, from file. Be sure to only select the logo when you save, otherwise you will be saving the entire page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Royal Crown" <Royal Crown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

complicated excel template
I am on the beginning phases of a manufacturing template. Hopefully som of you can help me out. I need to determine how many parts of a certai item I can obtain from a determined square foot of material. Fo example: how many parts of 1" x 1.5" widgets can I get from a 48" x 96 sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use something simple like: =INT(C1/A1)*INT(D1/B1) where A1 = part width, B1 = part length, C1 = sheet width, D1 = sheet length. Of course this does not take into account any unique cutting patterns that minimize scrap. It's assume...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

Auto-changing of Excel Files' name
Ever since we changed our server's O/S from Windows Server NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003, all excel files' name will get changed by itself when they are accessed from any terminal within the LAN, which is running Windows 98 or Windows XP. What could be the cause(s) of this strange problem? Any solution? ...

External Quantum rackmount tapedrive, power does not auto turn on
Hi Folks, I seem to be dealing with a strange problem, all the tape drives I have ever delt with as soon as you flip the power switch to on, the device stays on, and the "on" setting survives a loss of power. With this new Quantum LTO3 rackmount external tape drive, it has a "soft on" power button on the front of the drive. If you unplug power to the drive, then replug it back in... it does not "automaticly" turn on. In a server environment... this is not good. All servers need to "autoboot" in the event of extended power loss. We have very large UPS...

saving network password
My husband Jim Mabry, who is the default account, is unable to send/retrieve e-mail because a box continues to appear saying "Enter network password". The "save password" box is checked. Our internet carrier said it's a problem with our microsoft windows xp, home edition 2002. Can you please help us?? Thank you, RoseMary Mabry His address is jfmabry@bellsouth.net ...

Windows 2000 GP installation #2
GP 9.0 Fully Patched/Updated Windows 2000NT console. When installing the integration manager this error pops up when copying files: " The windows installer service cannot update the system file C: \WINNT\system 32\msscript.ocx because the file is protected by windows. You may need to update your operating system for this program to work properly. " Clicking okay resumes the install and everything seems to proceed just fine. When running MS Dynamics GP a login and server can be selected but when you attempt to login to a company we get "The databse setup has not been co...

Create drop down list in Excel 2007
Hi Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? Thanks in advanced What version of Excel are you using? "lee-sc" wrote: > Hi > > Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007? > > Thanks in advanced > Sorry Lee-sc, hit the send button to quick in my previous post. In the Data menu, choose "Data Valiation", then "Data Validation". Under Settings, select "List" in he "Allow" drop down box. In the "Source" field, type in or se...

how can i set up an automatic "date update" in excel?
In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date every time when i open the document. Can i do that? one way: =TODAY() In article <D8818AFF-8489-4FF1-B94D-A08FB0B45F01@microsoft.com>, "Litzyam" <Litzyam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open the document. Can i do that? One way =today() HTH "Litzyam" wrote: > In other words, i would like excel to update this cell with the current date > every time when i open t...

Outlook 2000 mailbox cannot view embedded text in message
I'm working with Exchange 2003 clients that use Outlook 2000 to receive SMTP mail notifications from a SQL Server. The SMTP messages have text attachments with the output of queries put into the messages. However, on one user's mailbox, I can't see the text in the message body or as an attachment, only the subject line and sender come through. When the use the Outlook Web client, the same result happens. Is their some specific security setting to look for? Please help. Thanks. -- ************************************************* Andy S. MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/200...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Exporting the subreports to an excel
Hi , once i am able to create the sub reports when i export this to an excel i am not able to see the data.. can you please help me out with this.. Thanks in Advance Kasaiah ...

Excel appearance
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when I open up a worksheet the view is too small so I zoom to 150% which is perfect. I cannot find a way to keep this preference as my default when opening other worksheets. i am a new user for Mac. thanks You can't do this in Excel 2008 because it has no VBA. Each workbook will open at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. In the next version of Excel, you will be able to make a simple macro to set the zoom on opening. Cheers On 17/03/10 5:20 AM, in article 59bb557f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, ...

problem saving profile.. are emails lost?
my company just bought a new sbc2003 server and im using the pop connection mgr to get and distribute the mail from our hosted site (we havent brought it in-house yet) to the server then out to boxes. the problem is (in the process of migrating profiles over), one of the profiles was not saving as it should have, and as a result "any changes made" as we all know were not saved... that message did not come up for me in my first remote login so i was unaware that it was happening... anywho while using that temp profile i download mail, and now i cant seem to find it anymore.. is...

Generated Excel 97 documents limited to one worksheet
Hi everyone, I read in several articles that if I want to generate an Excel 97 document dynamically, using ASP for example, by setting the content type to application/vnd.ms-excel, I read that in this case, the document is limited to one worksheet and the user will only be able to view one document max. at a time. Actually, I tried it myself, and it's true. The moment I open a second browser window and try to access the same page that generates the Excel document, the first page goes blank. My quetion is, whether there's an official Microsoft document of MSDN KB article that states t...

Excel formula bar
I want to insert in my formula bar the = sign as an function with my mouse - as I was able to do with my older excell. The 2003 excel shows the fx sign, which I do not want Thanks. Hi Jacko! Try: Tools > Customize > Commands Tab Under Insert you'll find the = sign that you can drag to a toolbar. It doesn't work the same as earlier versions of Excel but does what you ask. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Jacko Maree" &...