Improve "Find" command: Let user specify color/thickness/blinking.

This is an improvement suggestion to Microsoft:

To make it easier for a user to visually locate the next cell found by the
"Find" command, please allow the user to modify the color, thickness, or
blinking characteristics of the found cell's border.  Currently, in Excel
2003, the found cell is indicated by a border that, although white and broad,
is too difficult to immediatly sight, most of the time.

Another problem is that the found cell is frequently hidden under the "Find"
dialog box.  Please improve the "Find" command by automatically moving the
"Find" dialog box out of the away so that the found cell can be readily seen.

0
OSoccers (1)

SHOW Customer ADDRESS in Customer FIND WINDOW?
Is there a way to show customer street address in the FIND customer lookup window. Our business is address based, and verifying we are not adding a address that already exists is important. Are there any add on's ? -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP Hi, We have an add on which displays all fields for customer and also allows you to search on these fields. If you register on www.rmsstore.com, you will be able to download the add on, Thanks "DDowningMO" wrote: > Is there a way to show customer street address ...

Find Text and Insert Row Above
I lost my train of thought and now I’m stuck. I’m trying to figure out a way to insert rows dynamically. The logic is to look for this text: ‘Enter non-listed privately held securities or groups of assets by asset class.’ Then I need to go up to find the first cell ABOVE that contains this text 'CUSIP', then offset (1,0) . . . ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert AND copy the format from the row above. I have CUSIP in ColA with DataValidation on this cell. I want to copy that format down 1 row and I have a few other cells to the right, with other formatting, all on the same r...

Finding a Value
Hi All, I have a excel sheet with two columns A and B. This list is quite long as there are more than 200 rows in it. Now I was to search a particular row in it. Lets say I want the row where the value of column A is 'x' and column B is 'y'. How can I write a formula for that? Thanking you in anticipation. Best Regards, Nano Try this array formula =MIN(IF((A1:A200="x")*(B1:B200="y"),ROW(A1:A200))) which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just Enter. Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly bra...

Find under date formula?
XL2K, Is there a formula I can copy down ColB on sheet2 that will result in the values in a column under the current date of sheet1? -- David Can you clarify your question? What do you mean by "under the current date"? Do you mean less than the current date and if so, by how much? What is your goal? There may be an easier way. "David" <dturner4_1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ua1NNV3uFHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > XL2K, > > Is there a formula I can copy down ColB on sheet2 that will result in the > values in a column under the curren...

Find a Contact issue
When I enter a name into the Find a Contact box and press enter, all the contacts (my personal and any public) are searched for a match. My PC has Outlook 2003. If I go to a PC that has Outlook 2000 installed, it appears that all of the contacts are not searched. Is there a way to change this behavior. At one time the PC with Outlook 2000 functioned that same as the PC with Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks tk <timkelley123@mennies.com> wrote: > When I enter a name into the Find a Contact box and press enter, all > the contacts (my personal and any p...

Where can I find a user's home directory in sbs 2003
Hi there, I want to remove some user from the Active Directory. Before I do that I would like to check on the home directory first. Where can I find the 'Home directory' please. Many thanks, Exchange doesn't have any such "home directory". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:epvr3h$hl4$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi there, > > I want to remove some user from the Active Directory. Before I do that I > would like to ...

cannot find ms exchange server
A client had the vx2 spyware prog on his machine. I think this did something to his Outlook program. Every time he opens Outlook he gets: "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" Removed his account and tried to set up again, but Outlook is unable to resolve his name. I am at wits end, not much hair left to pull out! :) Thanks in advance. Can you ping the server by IP and by FQDN? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "m...

Access 2000 Cant find stored Pro ;1 appended to SP name SQL 2005
Access 2000 and SQL 2005. Access Cant find stored Pro, but I can see them but ;1 is now appended to SP name ... I have sp1a for access 2000. Owner is DBO. The stored pro works when attached dto sql server 2000. Needed upgrade to 2002. "Can't find" any of the stored procedures in access. I Can find/use them in asp. help! thanks john Old bug: by installing the latest service pack (SP3) for Office 2000, you should get rid of it. -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC E-mail: sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please) "John Sails" <J...

Finding a match
Hi, I have two columns 300+ rows long. One (A) contains names. One (B) contains single digit numbers; either 1 or 2 or 3, etc. through number 8. What I would like to do is type in a name in, lets say (C10) that would return EVERY number in column (B) that was next to that name. If I type in(C10) Donald Getts and this name appears 20 times in (A) I need the 20 numbers that are in column (B) next to Donald Getts. Of course I need the numbers separated by a comma or have them appear in separate cells would be better yet. Sorry to drabble on but I see so many questions here that are harder to...

Finding duplicate entries?
I have a very large, 25,000 rows x 6 columns, spreadsheet. It's updated occasionally using Copy & Paste. I believe I have added the same updates more than once. Is there some way in Excel I can search for identical/duplicated entries so that I can remove them? Someone suggested converting it to an Access database and it can be searched for duplicates there but I don't know how? Using Office XP and a bit of a novice with it apart from Word.. -- Kenny Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <eRzkWvPjDHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "...

Excel FIND ALL-How do you extract the findings to a new worksheet
Using the 'FIND ALL' option in excel brings a box of seletions based on my search criteria. I would like to take those findings and make a new Excel worksheet with them. It's not possible using that dialog. But you could write your own code -- or even use an addin that's very nice-- Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ BelAir wrote: > > Using the 'FIND ALL' option in excel brings a box of seletions based on my > search criteria. I would like to take those findings and make a new Excel > worksheet with them. -- Dave Pete...

Function that helps me find the middle value
Hi, I need a function that helps find the middle value. For example, if I have 12, 23 and 100, it must show 23. Or if I have 1,2,3 must show 2. Thanks Here's a generalised solution to the problem: =3DLARGE(A1:A10,ROUNDUP(COUNT(A1:A10)/2,0)) Your numbers can be anywhere in the range A1:A10 (as an example), and works best if you have an odd number of numbers. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 18, 1:31=A0pm, Diana <dianamrco...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I need a function that helps find the middle value. For example, if I > have 12, 23 and 100, it m...

Efficient way of finding string and changing cell value
As amateur I would appreciate your help: My sheet has >30 000 rows. In col D I need to find "district", not case sensitive, beeing part of a longer string. If true, value in col C should be set to "Dis". Using VBA, Excel 2003 - how can this be done in shortest possible time? Filter, Find, Search or ?? Thank you! On Jan 24, 10:36=A0pm, ulfb <u...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As amateur I would appreciate your help: > > My sheet has >30 000 rows. In col D I need to find "district", not case > sensitive, beeing part...

Find computer tied to OEM Sofware
I have purchased several computers in the past few years that have had Office 2007 Installed. Due to the need to interface with a government agency that had not upgraded, we were forced to uninstall and downgrade to Office 2003. Now the agency is finally upgrading and I would like to use the previoulsy purchased software that came with these computers. I have 2 sets of disks that were labeled as "unassigned". Is there an easy way to figure out which computer they were purchased with? Purchased with or installed on? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Find old categories
I merged some categories and when I tried to undo the merge - it removed all the categories and put everything under Categories: (none) How can I find out what categories I had these under before??? ...

Help
Hi, I have a sheet with the date down in column A. I made a macro up (thought I had) to find a date, click on the command button, brings up a feild box to enter a date and then goto the date in column A. However it did not work. I am using 2007 now so my dates go on and on now. Is there any easy an dpresentable way to do this in code? Thanks Kevin. Try th ebelow Sub Macro2() Dim varDate As Variant, varFound As Variant varDate = InputBox("Enter Date to be searched") If IsDate(varDate) Then Set varFound = Columns(1).Find(varDate, LookIn:=xlValues, Lookat:=...

finding attacment
Can anyone help me, where are the attachments located in which folder. Thanks Attachments are not stored in a separate folder on your hard. They're in the ..pst file with all your other Outlook data (or on a server if you use Exchange). -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "BSM SOLUTIONS PTY LTD" <bsmsolutions@internode.on.net> wrote in message news:41103582$1@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Can anyone help me, where are t...

Finding Fields
I have a document containing lots of fields, but when I use Find and specify Field from the 'Special' list, Word says the search item was not found. -- Richard Using Office 2003 & Win2kpro Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com Press ALT+F9 to display the field construction and then search. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><&l...

Find Addin
Is there a Find Addin that uses RegX? I am wasting much time with the poor VB6 IDE find tool. Thanks. On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:45:01 -0700, Bee <Bee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a Find Addin that uses RegX? >I am wasting much time with the poor VB6 IDE find tool. >Thanks. No. If you are doing that much source code (text) editing, save the project and edit the source files outside the IDE using a programmers editor. There are many fine one available. -ralph "Bee" <Bee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD45278B-...

Finding an email message in Exchange 2000
Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who on our Echange server received it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Greg wrote: > Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange > 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email > address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who > on our Echange server received it. > > Any help is much apprecia...

help, find a contact box generates error and program has to close
In my outlook everything works fine, but when i go to the find a contact box to quickly get a contact I get a generated error box and have to close up, also, outlook takes forever to open while my hard drive grinds away when I initially try to open???? AARGHHH, any ideas anyone. I'm having the same problem... the CPU usae goes to 100% and everything locks... did you ever find a fix?-- Tim W. >-----Original Message----- >In my outlook everything works fine, but when i go to the find a contact box >to quickly get a contact I get a generated error box and have to close up, &g...

finding next number in a sequence
I am looking to create a macro that will allow me to open a spreadsheet and search column A for the last entry. The entries in the column are like CE000001, CE000002, CE000003 and on. I need to be able to find the last number that was used. After getting the number I will need to insert a new number in sequence to the next row. Could you point me to some examples that might help. Thanks Bob Hi, You didn't say which sheet so this uses sheet1, change to suit. You can either use this as a workbook open macro (as posted) or put it in macro of your own Private Sub Wo...

Office 2008 finds update is needed, but won't update... #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I check for updates, Office 2008 recognizes that I need an update (12.0.1). It downloads and when the software tries to search for a drive that needs the update, it doesn't find one . I get this message next to a STOP sign with exclamation point... You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. This doesn't make sense to me. I have the software installed when Word was open, I would go to ...

Finding combinations of cells that sum to near a value
Starting with a column of ~30 numbers, I'm looking for a way to have Excel find all combinations that sum to a target value +/- a specified range width. (For example, I may be looking for all combinations that sum to 1000 +/- 10.) I've found some code from Tushar Mehta that finds a list of all possible matches that sum to a number, but it doesn't allow me to put in a range to find sums to within a delta of this value. I tried modifying the code to add this in, but I couldn't get it to work right. Here is the code: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/templates/match_values/index....

Find '
I have a program which creates an Excel file but places a " ' " at the beginning of every cell, numbers included, for example { '18.75000 }. Reformatting the cells does not make the text a numeric. I can edit out the ' manually but using Find And Replace produces error message that data cannot be found. What am I missing? Thanks Try this in Excel to for a possible fix: Copy a blank cell. Select your numbers and choose Edit | Paste Special | Add. tj "noyb" wrote: > I have a program which creates an Excel file but places a " ' " at the &...