Importing .txt file

I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which
has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the
number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data
for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000 just
crashes

0
anonymous (74721)

Hi
no way to increase the number of columns in Excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

SimonT wrote:
> I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which
> has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the
> number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data
> for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000 just
> crashes
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Outlook Tiime Zone Update Using Batch File
Hello, I am running the following batch file against a test Computer OU: ECHO ON COPY \\NETWORKSHARENAME\OUTLOOKTIMEZONEUPDATE C:\ C:\TZMOVE.MSI PAUSE DIR "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Office Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool\TZMOVE.EXE" The files copy to the C: drive root correctly and Outlook 2002 is already installed on the PC, has a profile setup and the path to the .pst file is available and has a calendar entry after March 11, 2007. The Outlook time zone update tool installs and is visible in Add/ Remove Programs. It does not seem to run the TZMOVE.EXE prope...

i can't get a publisher 2002 file as the main page on e mail
it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "ejm" <ejm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90401E76-1332-4311-8D9C-C6F5D591C4FE@microsoft.com... > it becomes distorted when i send it via e mail. ...

Import Purchase Orders through eConnect
I am trying to integrate Purchase Orders through eConnect and it works fine as long as the unit price has 2 decimal places or less. If there are more, I get the error "decimal places passed in for UNITCOST does not match setup". These are non-inventoried items and GP is set up to allow 5 decimal places for non-inventoried items. Any ideas on how to get around this? Thanks in advance. ...

importing ".dbx" inbox file into outlook
I am having trouble importing or opening my old mail that was backed up onto cd from my old laptop (outlook express) inot my new laptop, (outlook 2003). the files are sved ont he cd aas "dbx" files and not ".pst" files. i've tried saving them on onto my HDD and removing the "read only" check, but but when i tryu and "open" the file with outlook, it tells me that this is not a "win32 application"? any suggestions?? You must first configure them with Outlook Express and then export them from within OE to Outlook -- Robert Sparn...

Outlook 2007 Mail Files
How can I move mail files from Applre Mail (OS 10.4) to Outlook 2007 Balloonmeister <Balloonmeister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I move mail files from Applre Mail (OS 10.4) to Outlook 2007 What mail client does the Mac use? In what format will it export files? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Text import drops commas and periods
I have noticed that excel 2000 and 2002 will occationally drop a comma from a comma delimited file, shifting that record to the left one column. I handled this in the past by quickly scanning an imported text file to make sure that each record is properly aligned. Not a problem with files of up to a few thousand records. Now, after recently upgrading I find that Excel 2002 is ocasionally dropping the decimal from the last column in a very few records on import. There is no way I can easily check for dropped decimals. Are these problems a known issue with Excel 2002? The dropping dec...

Removing Access 97 recently used file list
Is it possible to suppress the recently used file list from Access 97? I've just discovered that even if you hide the database window and lock it so that the user can't get in by holding down the shift key, the user is still able to open the whole thing, completely unprotected, simply by selecting it twice in succession from the recently used file list on the File menu. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me... It sounds, then, as though your database isn't properly secured, as that should have no bearing on how it opens. For Access 97, the MRU is stored as up to four...

outlook xp translation error 0x80070057 import'g contacts fr exce
I'm running Windows XP with SP3 and latest updates with Office XP small business. When I try to import contacts from an excell spreadsheet I get the error: Translation Error MAPI 0x80070057 and will not allow the import of my contacts. The file was an export prior to an XP reload. I do not see much to help from the Microsoft website, any ideas "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0711B3-8395-4754-A5DA-757317294BC7@microsoft.com... > I'm running Windows XP with SP3 and latest updates with Office XP small > business. &...

Cannot open Excel files.
i cannot open any excel files directly from there location. When i try to access the file, it will open the program to the point just before the workbook is about to be displayed and hangs. No error messages are created and the system does not hang. I can however, open excel files from within excel. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Much appreciated Wayne Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Window...

Missing nk2 file in Outlook 2007
The auto complete function does not work after shutting down and restarting. The file does not exist in docs and settings/application data/ microsoft/outlook. What can I do? Is autocomplete enabled? Look in tools, options, email options, advanced... near the bottom of the dialog is the Suggest names option. It should be checked. Is outlook closing properly? Does it remember any names when you send to someone multiple times during one session? The file is not saved until outlook closes and if it doesn't close properly, its not saved. Addresses you've sent to once d...

Why are columns in some Excel files numbered instead of lettered?
How do I change column headings in existing files created by other people back to letters instead of numbers? As a rookie Excel user, it is a lot easier to create formulas by signifying cells with a number for the row and a letter for the column. Tools|options|general|uncheck r1c1 reference style john.p.blough@gm.com wrote: > > How do I change column headings in existing files created by other people > back to letters instead of numbers? As a rookie Excel user, it is a lot > easier to create formulas by signifying cells with a number for the row and a > letter for the co...

How can I copy a picture from one excel file and paste into the exact location
How can I copy a picture from one excel file and paste it into the exact same location relative to the page in another file? hi. If picture is image control.... on tool bar menu, click design icon. then click image control on sheet. now you can copy and paste. >-----Original Message----- >How can I copy a picture from one excel file and paste it >into the exact same location relative to the page in >another file? >. > ...

import data from access table into a existing table
I need to map data from an existing access database into a existing staging database. The access database only has the data I need, so the mapping is not a one to one, The SQL table many more columns so I need to do some manual mapping. Is there a way to do this throiugh the import wizard or do I need to write some type of query to manual insert the data? Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201005/1 ...

Multiple Outlook Today Files in OL 2000 Folders
I have 3 copies of identical Outlook Today folders. If I send or receive a message, a copy goes to all three. When I right click on one of the mirror folders and select "close personal folders", I get the message that I cannot close a a personal folder that contains the calendar, contacts and POP mailbox. Yet all of them contain the same things. I did search for a resolution at MS, but could not find anything on point. I'm baffled. Hello Stephen, I guess your profile is corrupt. Create a new profile and you will see only one personal folder. -- Thomas Wetzel Synchro...

Importing from Quickbooks POS
What is the most efficient procedure for importing data from Quickbooks POS? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A7_01C86A66.5C7F6380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable bratdog, You have to export your info into a CSV file and then import it using = the QSImport tool available from your reseller. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3...

Create Diffgram Based on 2 Different XML Files or Data Sets
I have an xml file that my application downloads on a periodic basis. I also have a dataset based on this that is used in the application. At present, the application takes the new downloaded xml, creates a data set from that and merges it with one in use. The ultimate goal is to have the update of the primary data set trigger change events based on only data that has changed (updates, additions, or deletions). I am thinking that I need to generate a diffgram based on the current data and the newly downloaded data and then apply that to the current dataset. Is this the propper approach...

Does a file exist?
I want to see if an executable is on a system: if(executable is there) dostuff(); else dootherstuff() How do I see if an executable is located in a particular directory? On 26 May 2007 02:51:54 -0700, hamishd <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to see if an executable is on a system: > >if(executable is there) > dostuff(); >else > dootherstuff() > >How do I see if an executable is located in a particular directory? the simplest and oldest(?) is to use _access( .. ); but there are a myriad ways if u look in the doc. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/...

Exporting OE files to Outlook
I have an old version of OE and would like to take my old email to my new computer which is running Outlook. I have copied over the .mbx and .idx files but Outlook can't read them. Any advice? Thanks. Alex First you have to get OE on the new machine to recognize them then export them to Outlook. You should be able to get instructions here about that: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Alex" <mandalaybayman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a8c01c36703$03d88470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have an old version of OE and would like to take my old > email to my new compu...

Opening Publisher file
When I send a Publisher file as an attachment, I always try to open it before sending to make sure it's ok. I get the message "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." Just now someone tried to send me a Publisher file as an attachment and I got the same message. I'm using Publisher 2003, Outlook 2003 for e-mail -- Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: www.LinusIdaho.org http://community.webshots.com/user/donnakwilts Remove "invalid" to reply Do you get error number 1605? See if reading this artic...

Retrieving lost PST file
I have lost all of the information in Outlook, my e-mails, contacts, calendar, save saved e-mails, etc. I got a message box "Outlook cannot open the files ... Please select from the options below. Then the options are --Create a new personal folder file --Open an existing personal folder file I tried to open Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook but it had no pst files. Can anyone help me retrieve them or are they gone forever? Thanks in advance, Steve P.S. I'm using Office 2000/Windows 98 >-----Original Message----- >I have lost all of the information in Outlook,...

moving the .pst file from 98 to 2000
I got a newer laptop that is running Win 2000. My old laptop is running Win 98. I want to move all my outlook info from the old laptop to the new but it looks like Win 2000 doesn't use the .pst file scheme. How do I move everything over? I tried to import the .pst into outlook 2000 but after it ran, it terminated outlook. When I restarted outlook, it still wasn't there. Thanks, Mike OL2K uses the pst also, unless you've set it up in exchange mode. Dont import, simply, in OL, File/Open/Personal Folders.browse to pst. If copying pst to default folder ensure names of old pst a...

What are the acceptable rates for writing sets of small files in Flash using FATFS
Hello, I am trying to evaluate if my CE5 image running in an au1200 board is with something wrong or not. Basically, when I try to write from flash memory to a 4G Compact Flash card (connected via the PCMCIA bus, formatted as FAT32, one partition taking all the avaliable sectors), I get around 2 MB/s of write speed for a big file(4-5MB) and around 130Kb/s when writing a set of small files. Writing to the internal flash yeld similar results. My application uses CreateFile, ReadFile and WriteFile to copy the file, using a buffer that is the size of the file that needs to c...

How to import more than one text file into Excel ?
How to import more than one text file into Excel ? I am trying to combine a few text files into one Excel file. When I import the second text file the first one disappears..what happens to the first file ? Please let me know. Where is the cell pointer when you attempt to import the second file? Try making sure its below the lowest occupied cell. "tina SPEILBERG" <tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1cbcf789.0307130722.4e364bd1@posting.google.com... > How to import more than one text file into Excel ? > > I am trying to combine a few text files into o...

Importing music from other programs to Media Player
I have iTunes and RealPlayer on my computer. How can i import music from those programs to Media Player? On Jan 8, 10:01=A0am, CarolnWbg <Caroln...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have iTunes and RealPlayer on my computer. =A0How can i import =A0music= =A0from > those programs to Media Player? WMP does not play some of the formats that iTunes and Real players will. For these unsupported formats, they would only work on WMP if you can find a plugin for the unsupported format for your version of WMP or if you can find a program that will convert the unsupporte...

Data Connection with Text Import Problem
Using Excel 2007, I've configured a data connection using a text file. In the text file's first column, there is a value of TRUE (a company's actual name). When the data connection imports the text file, Excel sees TRUE not as a text value, but as a binary value. The problem is when the first column is sorted in ascending order, TRUE gets put at the bottom of the column and is centered. Placing an apostrophe before TRUE in the text file doesn't work, nor does formatting the first column as text. What can I do to make TRUE be sorted as a text value ? - ...