Importing Multiple Data On the Same Row

I am using Excel 2000.

I have a spreadsheet with part numbers in col. A (the same
part number can appear multiple times) and purchase order
numbers in col. B (a purchase order number is never shared
by multiple instances of the same part number).  The list is
very long!

I need to import this data into another file which shows (in col.
A) all the part numbers that we have (each part number appears
only once in this spreadsheet).  The problem is that I have to
list ALL the purchase order numbers related to the same part
number on one row, starting in col. C...  So, while for some part
numbers there could be no existing purchase order number or
only one purchase order number, for others there could be several
purchase order numbers to list on the same row!  (Probably ten
purchase order numbers at the most.)

Is this possible with an Excel formula?
----
Tiziano

0
nospam8554 (48)

Hi,

I can suggest to visit the following site to get your answer, and look at
arbitrary lookups

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm

In your cell say C3, you would have the 1st lookup, Cell D3 the second, and
so on.(the formula could reference the order value in cells C1 to L1, you
could have numbers 1 to 10)
You could also include an "iserror" formula to eliminate the REF!# result if
you dont't get to the ten purchase order references.

Hope this helps

Andr�

"Tiziano" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> I am using Excel 2000.
>
> I have a spreadsheet with part numbers in col. A (the same
> part number can appear multiple times) and purchase order
> numbers in col. B (a purchase order number is never shared
> by multiple instances of the same part number).  The list is
> very long!
>
> I need to import this data into another file which shows (in col.
> A) all the part numbers that we have (each part number appears
> only once in this spreadsheet).  The problem is that I have to
> list ALL the purchase order numbers related to the same part
> number on one row, starting in col. C...  So, while for some part
> numbers there could be no existing purchase order number or
> only one purchase order number, for others there could be several
> purchase order numbers to list on the same row!  (Probably ten
> purchase order numbers at the most.)
>
> Is this possible with an Excel formula?
> ----
> Tiziano

0
milandre (70)
8/22/2004 1:56:19 AM
Thanks, Andr�!  That seems to be exactly what I am looking for.
I will test it out on Monday at work.
----
Tiziano

"Andre Croteau" <milandre@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I can suggest to visit the following site to get your answer, and look at
> arbitrary lookups
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm
>
> In your cell say C3, you would have the 1st lookup, Cell D3 the second,
and
> so on.(the formula could reference the order value in cells C1 to L1, you
> could have numbers 1 to 10)
> You could also include an "iserror" formula to eliminate the REF!# result
if
> you dont't get to the ten purchase order references.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Andr�
>

> "Tiziano" <nospam@example.com> wrote in message
> > I am using Excel 2000.
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet with part numbers in col. A (the same
> > part number can appear multiple times) and purchase order
> > numbers in col. B (a purchase order number is never shared
> > by multiple instances of the same part number).  The list is
> > very long!
> >
> > I need to import this data into another file which shows (in col.
> > A) all the part numbers that we have (each part number appears
> > only once in this spreadsheet).  The problem is that I have to
> > list ALL the purchase order numbers related to the same part
> > number on one row, starting in col. C...  So, while for some part
> > numbers there could be no existing purchase order number or
> > only one purchase order number, for others there could be several
> > purchase order numbers to list on the same row!  (Probably ten
> > purchase order numbers at the most.)
> >
> > Is this possible with an Excel formula?
> > ----
> > Tiziano

0
nospam8554 (48)

Q: columns to rows
Hello, Sheet1 has column based data such as there are values in A1,B1,C1,.. Now I need to create Steet2 that holds row based data such as A1->A1,B1->A2,C1->A3 and change the background color of A1,A2,A3, if the data in A1,B1,C1 in Sheet1 is zero. How can I do this? Thanks, Jim, Select A1:Z1 and copy it, then select cell A1 on the second sheet. Us paste special (check the transpose box). That flips your data fro horizontal to vertical so it's in rows. To format the cells, go to Format: Conditional formatting. If the cel value is "equal to" then specify "0&...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

excel 97 xml import

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Using multiple Like(s) * in a query
Hi Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c") rather than having to use multiple OR statements? Thanks for any suggestions Paul Paul, Using your example: Like "[a-c]*" .... or: Like "[a,b,c]*" -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP paulquinlan100@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > > Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple > times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c"...

Importing Dynamic data

delimiting w/multiple delimiters?
I have a large database I use that has our item numbers and quantities in the same cell (example: PRODUCTA Q100, and PRODUCTA Q200, etc). It works for me to use the quantities for formula later by doing the "text to columns" and delimiting by Q. Problem is, sometimes the product name also has a Q in it so the delimiting function seperates it incorrectly. Like: Works: cell A: PRODUCTA Q100 turns to-- cell A: PRODUCTA cell B: 100 Doesn't work when: cell F: PRODUCTQA Q100 turns to-- cell A: PRODUCT cell B: A cell C:100 The LAST Q# is always the one I w...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Multiple POP3 "Mail delivery locations"
I have a number of email IDs on the same POP server. And also a few Hotmail accounts. The hotmail accounts set up separate folders for the incoming mail. I cannot get the pop accounts to to separate personal and/or inbox folders. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks...JOHN What version of Outlook are you using?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and find...

stumped on creating dependent data validation lists
I created 2 Data Validation lists with Indirect functions. On trying to use them in conjunction with a 3rd list, i realized my logic in trying to accomplish what i need had been flawed. The problem is that the 3rd list, which should be dependent on the 1st 2, changes location. That is, i have a very busy worksheet. In the main body of the worksheet, there are no empty rows and columns. But almost every cell needs to have dependent validation lists to select items from. The main body is from A13 to AW131. In the area E14 to Q131, I have the potential to need a dependent dropdown list i...

Attaching to secured Access data source via Excel
I have a password secured Access 97/2000 database that I'm trying to attach to via Excel 97/2000 to make pivot tables, but I can't use any of the database's objects as a data source, at least no way that I'm aware. I'm assuming that's caused by Access requiring me to be part of a particular workgroup (system.mdw) and logged in as a certain user. Am I correct in the assumption that attaching to an secured Access data source is impossible in Excel? (BTW, making pivot tables using non-secured Access data sources is no problem.) ...

counting colored data
I have a spread sheet where if a number doesn't fall within certain limits the font is red representing a NG part. If the number falls within certain limits the font is green representing a good part. I would like to know if there is a way to count the # of NG(or red numbers). I tried copying the spreadsheet to my question but the fonts don't come over in color. There are numerous cells and would be much easier to count if there was a formula to do so. I know how to make a count formula but not one if the font is a certain color. Rather than counting color (whi...

Don't count header as Row 1?
Will Excel allow a user to remove the header from the row count (it defaults as Row 1), so that a true count is rendered a list, such as a mailing database, rather than having to subtract 1 from the final tally? Thanks! -- jenniferlynnlee ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenniferlynnlee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493125 Don't think so, minus 1 is the way. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mail...