Importing / Linking Dynamic Data or ASP Tables into Excel ?

Hello, I have been working with the "Get External Data" Feature of excel and
it works great for scraping HTML Tables from websites and linking to them in
your spread sheet I also like the fact that you can use a refresh function to
update data in your spreadsheet that is linked to a HTML table on the
Internet.

My ISSUE is this when I use this feature of excel on a dynamically populated
ASP table it does not work it seems to be unable to grab the data from these
type of tables and since more and more sites these days are converting over
to dynamic data driven websites this wonderfull excel feature seems to be
more and more useless.   DOES ANYONE know of any workarounds either via VBA
or some Excel ADD-ON that will scrap ASP tables to excel file ?

Dan.

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

excel 97 xml import

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Can't open highlighted link contained within an email message
When I receive an email and there is a link highlighted within the email, I can't click on the link and have it open. When I click on the link, nothing happens. Any ideas? ...

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd
Dear all, Help please...I've struggled all day with this. I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration, released May 2006. I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft downloads site, but I cannot extract. I get the following two error messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe: Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition - Extended).vhd CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition - Extended).vhd Any ideas? As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to ...

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file