Importing into Excel from a Text file

We have a text database of about 7,000 rings.  It is in a fixed format.  
Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is 
screwed up.  We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find 
where the records are to fix them.  But, we just can't get the following 
format to import into excel.  If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate 
it!  
Thank you

Greg Gates
www.ringdesigner.com


Each record begins with Begin Product 
Each record endswith EndProduct 
a semicolin seperates each record

Also there are para symbols at the end of every line

Herer are a few sample records:

egin Product 10091108018kybs2VSu
	18K Yellow Gold Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 
Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center 
diamonds under 1.01CT
	2033.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/shoppingcartimages/11080sg.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 100912859Pbs2VSu
	Platinum Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 Additional 
High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center diamonds 
under 1.01CT
	2900.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/images/PCAs/10091108014kw300w.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 10091108014kybs2VSo
		14K Gold Two Tone Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 
Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center 
diamonds over 1.01CT
	2299.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/shoppingcartimages/11080sg.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 10091108014kwbs2VSo
	14K White Gold Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 
Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center 
diamonds over 1.01CT
	2399.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/images/PCAs/10091108014kw300w.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 10091108018kybs2VSo
	18K Yellow Gold Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 
Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center 
diamonds over 1.01CT
	2599.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/shoppingcartimages/11080sg.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009128590Pbs2VSo
	Platinum Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 Additional 
High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center diamonds 
over 1.01CT
	3199.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/images/PCAs/10091108014kw300w.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009dimpFinD1
	Add a custom Dimpled-finish to the entire surface of a band (the band is 
purchased separately)
	275.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/dimpled01.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009dimpFinD2
	Add a custom Dimpled-finish to the entire surface of a band not as deep as 
FinD1 (the band is purchased separately)
	275.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/FinD2.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009dimpmilFinD2
	Add a custom Dimpled-finish to the entire surface of a band. Also add a 
Milgrain outer edge to the band (the band is purchased separately)
	345.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/dimpled-w-milgrain-edge.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009Ldimpmil2FinD3
	Add a custom Dimpled-larger style finish to the entire surface of the band 
bounded by two Milgrain interior edges while finishing each exterior edge in 
high polish (the band is purchased separately)
	375.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/dimpled-int-mil-poledge.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009hammerFinH1
	Add a custom Hammered-finish to the entire surface of a band (the band is 
purchased separately)
	330.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/hammered-tight-finish399.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009hammerFinH2
	Add a custom Hammered-finish with the center a hammered finish with 2 
Milgrain rows bounded by high polished edges (the band is purchased 
separately)
	375.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/bands/band-finishes/hammered-center-milgrain-ed.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
Begin Product 1009hammerFinH4
	Add a custom Hammered-finish with the center a hammered finish bounded by  
2 Milgrain rows (the band is purchased separately)
	345.00 0.00
	0.00 0.00
	No ; Tracking Inventory?
	http://www.ringdesigner.com/bands/band-finishes/hammered-center-milgrain-ed.gif
	
	SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
End Product
;
0
Gates (2)
9/7/2004 1:27:03 AM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

1 Replies
223 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

Your sample data got hit by linewrap, but I'm guessing that those long
description lines actually appear in only one line in your text file.

If that's the case, it looks like there are 10 rows per grouping.

Begin Product
7 detail lines
End Product
;

And the pattern repeats.

If this is the case, then I'd import the data into column A1:A????
Just file|open and select your file, but shiftclick on the open button and you
won't see that text to columns wizard.

Then put this formula into B1:
=TRIM(INDEX($A:$A,(10*(ROW()-1)+COLUMN()-1)))
Drag across to column I (8 columns--but I skipped the "end product" and
semicolon line.

Then drag down until you run out of data.

If the results of the formulas look good,
Select B:I
edit|copy
Edit|paste special|values
delete column A 

And start fixing up the data.
select column A and 
Edit|replace
what: begin_product_  <-- _ means space character (watch the trailing space!)
with: (leave empty)
replace all

It looks like
        2033.00 0.00
        0.00 0.00
Kinds of cells should really be two cells each)

Select column D and insert a new column D
Select column C and 
data|text to columns
delimited (by space)
and plop down into C and the new column D
(Format|cells|Number tab if you want to make them pretty).

Now insert a new column F and do the same thing with column E.

Another Edit|Replace for Column G?
what: _;_Tracking_Inventory?  <-- _ means space character
with: (leave blank)
replace all


Column I was empty with my test data.

I put this formula in I1 and dragged down:
=hyperlink(H1)
(and I hid column H)

And I'm not sure what's in column J.
Edit|replace followed by data|text to columns???






Greg Gates wrote:
> 
> We have a text database of about 7,000 rings.  It is in a fixed format.
> Unfortunately some where we have about 4 or five rings whose format is
> screwed up.  We figured by importing to Excel, we should be able to find
> where the records are to fix them.  But, we just can't get the following
> format to import into excel.  If anyone can help us, we sure would appreciate
> it!
> Thank you
> 
> Greg Gates
> www.ringdesigner.com
> 
> Each record begins with Begin Product
> Each record endswith EndProduct
> a semicolin seperates each record
> 
> Also there are para symbols at the end of every line
> 
> Herer are a few sample records:
> 
> egin Product 10091108018kybs2VSu
>         18K Yellow Gold Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16
> Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center
> diamonds under 1.01CT
>         2033.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/shoppingcartimages/11080sg.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 100912859Pbs2VSu
>         Platinum Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 Additional
> High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center diamonds
> under 1.01CT
>         2900.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/images/PCAs/10091108014kw300w.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 10091108014kybs2VSo
>                 14K Gold Two Tone Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16
> Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center
> diamonds over 1.01CT
>         2299.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/shoppingcartimages/11080sg.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 10091108014kwbs2VSo
>         14K White Gold Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16
> Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center
> diamonds over 1.01CT
>         2399.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/images/PCAs/10091108014kw300w.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 10091108018kybs2VSo
>         18K Yellow Gold Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16
> Additional High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center
> diamonds over 1.01CT
>         2599.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/shoppingcartimages/11080sg.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009128590Pbs2VSo
>         Platinum Bridal Set Engagement Ring & two matching bands with 16 Additional
> High Quality VS Accent Diamonds totaling 0.76CT for round center diamonds
> over 1.01CT
>         3199.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/images/PCAs/10091108014kw300w.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009dimpFinD1
>         Add a custom Dimpled-finish to the entire surface of a band (the band is
> purchased separately)
>         275.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/dimpled01.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009dimpFinD2
>         Add a custom Dimpled-finish to the entire surface of a band not as deep as
> FinD1 (the band is purchased separately)
>         275.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/FinD2.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009dimpmilFinD2
>         Add a custom Dimpled-finish to the entire surface of a band. Also add a
> Milgrain outer edge to the band (the band is purchased separately)
>         345.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/dimpled-w-milgrain-edge.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009Ldimpmil2FinD3
>         Add a custom Dimpled-larger style finish to the entire surface of the band
> bounded by two Milgrain interior edges while finishing each exterior edge in
> high polish (the band is purchased separately)
>         375.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/dimpled-int-mil-poledge.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009hammerFinH1
>         Add a custom Hammered-finish to the entire surface of a band (the band is
> purchased separately)
>         330.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/finishes/hammered-tight-finish399.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009hammerFinH2
>         Add a custom Hammered-finish with the center a hammered finish with 2
> Milgrain rows bounded by high polished edges (the band is purchased
> separately)
>         375.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/bands/band-finishes/hammered-center-milgrain-ed.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;
> Begin Product 1009hammerFinH4
>         Add a custom Hammered-finish with the center a hammered finish bounded by
> 2 Milgrain rows (the band is purchased separately)
>         345.00 0.00
>         0.00 0.00
>         No ; Tracking Inventory?
>         http://www.ringdesigner.com/bands/band-finishes/hammered-center-milgrain-ed.gif
> 
>         SoftGoodControl: ::0:0
> End Product
> ;

-- 

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10083)
9/7/2004 12:36:55 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Importing messages #6
I have a backup disk that I would like to impport from, but obviously I do not know how. When I double-click a message, it does not recognize which program to use to open it and takes me to an MS site. All of these have a ..dbx extension. Thank you. "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3398C3D3-FDD8-41CB-8F73-C445B56F6CF7@microsoft.com... >I have a backup disk that I would like to impport from, but obviously I do > not know how. When I double-click a message, it does not recognize which > program to use to open it and takes me...

Import and export
Trying to salvage my data and it was suggestd I import and export files, do I need to import and export closed accounts as well? Only if you want them in the new file. In order to export a closed account, you'll need to first specify that it is open in Money. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269701c3fc78$9f29fcf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to salvage my data and it was suggestd I import and > export files, do I need to import and export closed > accounts as well? ...

Importing data
When I import sales data through 3CDaemon, I get cells that I of data that I cannot use in formulas. It is like they are corrupted. But can copy the info from cell to cell, just cannot use in formula (ex. =if(dd04="N",1,0. Formula does not error out, but it makes no difference if N, U, or anything else is in dd04. It answers back 0. How can I fix this ? Just a couple of guesses (I have no idea what 3CDaemon is). First, Get a copy of Chip Pearson's CellView Addin so that you can really determine what's in DD04): http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm Second, ...

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...

Run excel when logged off.
Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in. Is that possible? Thanks, Jasper What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped drives", you will have to fix that issue too. Jaz wrote: > Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? > > I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to > have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in...

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Import TransferIN into TransferOUT... its possible?
Hi, I have RMS 1.3, its possible to import a transfer in of one store into transfer out on my store? Thanks in advance. Aldo, If you are running HQ, it does this for you, on the next connect to HQ. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Aldo" <...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import
I have Excel 97 and need to import a XML file. I don't know vba. Slinger XL97 was written way before XML therefore it will not handle it. Only XL2003 (Individual product or from Office Pro) will recognise and handle XML import/export -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Slinger" <Slinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1D9952E-F741-4B11-8040-B27B34F382BE@microsoft.com... >I have Excel 97 and need to import a XML file. I don't know vba. ...

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold
Hi, I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i not rare that I omit some addresses. Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process? Thanx in advanc -- frenchbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927 View this thread: http://w...

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

How I import data without truncating zero in the beginning
I am importing data from text file to access database but it is truncating all the zeros if they come in the starting.... please help me to resolve this problem as there is a field name telephone number and I need zero in the starting to distinguish between local and international calls. Remplace them by "+" (normaly it's the same) "Mohsin Habib" <MohsinHabib@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:8B32A18C-E88B-4259-8CAE-332EB821883C@microsoft.com... >I am importing data from text file to access database but it is truncating > ...

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import
Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this accomplished? Please help! Thank you! If you have access to table import you must also own integration manager. either way, yes, you can import transactions. please give me a call at 214-373-8550 and we can walk through the process. Leslie "Christina" wrote: > Is there a way to import JEs throught the table import. If so, how is this > accomplished? Please help! Thank you! You can use Table Import but Integration Manager is much, much easier to use. If you can use Table Import, you own Inte...

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Importing Dynamic data
Hi I have some tables in various xl files, call the files a,b and c. I want to import all these into a single xl file called e. If changes are made to a,b or c I want it to automatically update e. I have used the import function in d but if I change a,b or c to see the change I have to select the data in d and press refresh. Furthermore when I refresh d i have to have files a,b and c open otherwise it says connection lossed and is unable to refresh the data. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what I have to do in order to get the data automatically updated without having to alway...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing a CSV file
Hi, When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk. I looked at my installation disk and here doesn't seem to be such a file. How can I import? Thanks, Randy If you have the correct installation disk, then all you need do is run the Office setup - Add/Remove options and add the Outlook import filters. Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact M...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
Hi to all, How can I import the DB or data from CRM 1.2 to new CRM 3.0? Now my CRM DB are on SQL2000 server. Thank and regards. Augusto You should really upgrade CRM1.2 to 3.0. The data structutres are different enough that doing a migration would be pretty painful. Any reason not to upgrade? "IGBA75" <a.crippa@ieti.biz> wrote in message news:%23c97ZdkXGHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi to all, > > How can I import the DB or data from CRM 1.2 to new CRM 3.0? > Now my CRM DB are on SQL2000 server. > > Thank and regards. > Augusto > ...

why are my important emails going into junk email
I posted on outlook general and didn't get a response. so I looked here and there was no clue as to what is happening. I am using outlook 2007 on the desktop. now any mail coming in from facebook is going to junk email. also my zdnet newsletter is going there also. I have added their domain to the safe list but they are still going to junk. this probably started the other day when I got outlook 2003 going on my laptop so I could see my emails when I am away from home. I did lower the category for junk mail one item but that didn't help either. don't know what...

how can i import worksheets from multiple workbooks
Hi, I have a bunch of workbooks that all used the same template and were filled out for each week of the year. They all have a "totals" sheet the collects all the important data within. What i want to do is create a macro that imports that totals page, or a section of it from a bunch of these different workbooks, say all the ones in january or maybe the entire years worth so i can do some more analysis. my VBA skills are terrible but i am learning slowly. Any help would be appreciated. Hi David You can start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin h...