Importing data

When I import sales data through 3CDaemon, I get cells that I of data that I
cannot use in formulas.  It is like they are corrupted.  But can copy the
info from cell to cell, just cannot use in formula (ex. =if(dd04="N",1,0.
Formula does not error out, but it makes no difference if N, U, or anything
else is in dd04.  It answers back 0.  How can I fix this ?

Just a couple of guesses (I have no idea what 3CDaemon is).

First, Get a copy of Chip Pearson's CellView Addin so that you can really
determine what's in DD04):
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

Second, when I type a formula like:
=if(dd04="N",1,0)

The DD is changed to uppercase and the 0 is dropped:
=IF(DD4="N",1,0)

Does 3CDaemon create any bad (range) names (things that look like addresses)?

Try toggling this on, then off.
Tools|options|general tab|R1C1 reference style.

If you get a dialog box popping up saying that the name needs to be replaced,
you've found the source of your problem (maybe not the solution, though.)

There's an option that behaves kind of like what you write (but not exactly).

Tools|Options|Transition Tab
Uncheck "Transition formula evaluation"

(I uncheck all these Lotus 123 transition settings!)

=IF(DD4="N",1,0)
will evaluate to 1 if DD4 is empty under this setting.
it'll evaluate to 0 if DD4 is empty and the setting is turned off.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

importing Data from access #2
I have been attempting to create a reservation planning form in excel that imports Data from an Access database and inserts that information automaticly into the correct spreed sheet and the correct cells within that worksheet. The Excel Book is made up of 12 worksheets named Jan-Dec. Each worksheet has columns labeled as each day of that month. Column 'A' is reserved for 19 rows named "room1 - room19". The data I am importing from the data base is " start date", "end date" and "room number". I am also importing " surname" which i have ...

Importing into Oulook beta
Had backup installed on outlook 2003. This transferred to Outlook Beta fine when I transferred. Used it to back-up all Outlook files. Have just re-formatted. Now........ 1. Can't install Outlook Backup from Microsoft site. - it says that Outlook isn't found on my computer. 2. If I try to import the .PST file, (not using Backup) it locks up and after that, the cursor disappears behind Outlook window. Only redemable using system restore. I want to get my folders, mail and settings back. Any ideas? Nick NOTTNICK <nmm457@bellows.org.uk.nospam> wrote: > Now........ > ...

Importing Campaign Responses Data in row did not match the import
We are struggling to understand how to importing Campaign Responses using the bulk import wizard. We receive the errors: Reason: Data in row did not match the import type Reason ID: 0x8004032d Please could someone help us diagnose where the problem lies? Thanks Hi, It is very difficult to help you with just this information. We will need some more information to give you helpful suggestions. like whts are the fields, type of file, mapping to which fields and other details. Following URL may be helpful to you. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/troubleshooting/tsbulkimport.msp...

How import MSWorks spreadsheet to Excel
I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? No, they can't talk to each other. It's a Microsoft marketing issue, they don't want Works to compete with Office, so you have to do a "save as" in Works. "BillAtt" wrote: > I am using Exel 2000 and want to impoort a spreadsheet from MSWorks, but I > can't seem to find out how. Can't these two MS programs talk to each other? Thank you; I think that will help me. "dlw" wrot...

how do i make a chart with two seperate lines of data?
hi i have a historical sales chart from Mar 2003 to present that i'm trying to graph. however, excel is making me keep the data in one straight line if i try to seperate it into two rows, it adds another bit to the chart how do i graph sales using two seperate lines of data? Hi, This is best done in 2 steps. Create the chart with the first set of data. Then use the Source Data dialog to reselect the 2 data ranges, using the CTRL key to select the 2 separate ranges. So for data that is in the range A1:E1 continued in A2:E2 you would end up with a series formula like this, =SERIE...

Sending Current Data Record in Form
I have created a form which I want to be filled in and send via email. I have uncovered the email commands but I am having issues in that when I make the call to fill the form, all my records are being filled-in WHEN I only want the current one to be generated. How can I do this? bqs wrote: > I have created a form which I want to be filled in and send via email. I > have uncovered the email commands but I am having issues in that when I make > the call to fill the form, all my records are being filled-in WHEN I only > want the current one to be generated. > > How ...

Item Import in MS POS
Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) thanks, Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this. It's in the manager application - the help guide will give you addl info on this. "Sachafav" wrote: > Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) > > thanks, > ...

Import pst file from Outlook til OE 6.0?
I'm trying to import pst files from Outlook til Outlook xpress 6.0. I get the message "can not import from the MAPI client..." -- Regards Gjermund Unless you also have Outlook on that machine, you won't be able to import the PST files. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Gjermund A. Bjordal" <gjermund.bjordal@online.no> wrote in messag...

Recurring Meetings Imported from Domino
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C583A2.DFFFC8B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Background: Users were migrated from Domino R5 to Exchange 2003 SP1. Problem: When users cancel a recurring meeting that was created in = Domino and imported into Exchange each listed attendee receives multiple = copies of the cancellation, somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 copies. = This behavior is limited to meetings that were imported from Domino. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why th...

Unable to retrieve Excel data using an Excel data source
Hello, We are trying to develop a web application that queries an Excel workbook to retrieve data for display on an asp webpage. We have set up an Excel data source to look at the xls file and when we test this connection within the data source configuration dialogue, the test is successful. However, the webpage fails to "read" the data in the Excel file, saying that it cannot do so because there are no tables. Our question is, what "tables" is this error referring to and how do we set them up in Excel? ...

Exporting data?
Is there a way to export a single account in Money '04? To a .qif? Yes. "Scott Cooper" <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1105322492.527406.54010@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to export a single account in Money '04? > Exactly. "Scott Cooper" <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1105322709.952161.72750@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > To a .qif? > ...

Serializing enum data members
The serialize function below won't compile. I get the following message: error C2679: binary '>>' : no operator defined which takes a right-hand operand of type 'enum CEntity::CreationProcesses' (or there is no acceptable conversion) The problem is the "CreationProcess" data member, which is defined like enum CreationProcesses {NONE, A, B, C}; CreationProcesses CreationProcess = NONE; Why won't this work? I also tried casting the variable like, ar << (int)CreationProcess; but that doesn't work either. Anybody know what gives? ...

Importing SunOne Calendar Events?
Anyone have luck importing SunOne Calendar items? Our method seems to import them but then they end up with features greyed out if you want to modify them. Thanks ...

How to sort colored data
People keep giving me large reports and highlighting the pertinent rows or changing the color of the text. Unfortunately I have now way to sort or filter to consolidate just the row with the red text or cell color. What are my options? Bob See http://cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm In article <3F3CF8FE-3490-4080-B435-483AA4508F26@microsoft.com>, Bob <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > People keep giving me large reports and highlighting the pertinent rows or > changing the color of the text. Unfortunately I have now way to sort or > filter to consoli...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

Import Historical Stock Data from Yahoo-Finance
For a long time I thought this was not possible, but I just read a post recently that makes me think that this probably IS possible. Is there a way to import data from finance.yahoo.com, into a table, if you store all stock symbols in a table, and put beginning and ending date in a form (in a couple of TextBoxes)? I know how to do this in Excel, with all stock tickers in a row, like row 4 (or whatever), and all the dates going in descending order in Column A, and each security’s historical prices under the symbols (which are in row 4, for instance). The problem in Access i...

What is the best method to extract data from Comment Box
Is there an easy way to do a 'Select all' on a comment box? I've inherited a spreadsheet that has many comment boxes that contain pages and pages of text in each box. I want to move the data contained in these comment boxes to an Access memo field. What is the best way to extract this data from the comment box? I'll be fine with manually doing a cut/paste, but 'CTRL-A' for 'Select All' doesn't seem to work with these comment boxes. How much is "pages and pages"? I think you are limited in Access to 255 characters but not sure. You can use a D...

Import into Word
We designed in Publisher XP a letterhead. We would like to import this into Word to use as a template. Can anybody pls. help? It just seems impossible for some reason to find any help on this. Thanks so much, z In Publisher, file, save as, files of type, scroll down to whatever image format you have in mind. When you import the image into Word use the graphics tools to crop or if you have saved it as a .wmf, you can ungroup it in Word and delete all the unnecessary background. Can you select the letterhead and copy/paste into Word? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:...

Data manipulation
I am trying to manipulate a fairly simple weekly schedule. On Sheet 1, column A contains names, Row 1 contains Days of the week. The cells in column B contain a number indicating the shift that the person is supposed to work. It looks like this: Sun Joe 6 Bill 7 Bob 7 Frank 11 On Sheet 2, I want to turn this data around so that the column headings are the shift time and underneath there is a list of people on each shift. It should look like: 6 7 11 Joe Bill Frank Bob Unfortunately, there may be a different numb...

Fixed Asset Sample Data
How do I install the sample data for Fixed Assets in the Fabrikam company for GP R9? ------=_NextPart_0001_8E8323E6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Cindy, Thank you for using newsgroups. In order to add the sample data fro the Fabrikam company in versions 9.0 and later, you will need to re-add the Fabrikam company. To do this you will need to launch GP Utilities at the server and use the Re-Add Sample Company Data option. Unfortunately this means you will lose anything that you have already done in the sample company. Thank you, Ken Hubbard Microsoft ...

Bulk Import of Contacts #2
Urgent!! We have a requirement to automatically map Accounts information with Contacts . Import the mapped data into CRM system using the Bulk Import Tool. As per CRM, we can not import contact and associate to an account automatically using CRM's bulk data import tool. ParentCompanyId field is a GUID and we are trying to associate the Text to that field. If we want to use CRM's bulk import tool, we need to import contact first, and then import account, then associate them manually. And we have thousands of records. Hello Faiz, It sounds like you are using version 3.0, correct...

Importing
Good morning I have a tall order and your help would be much appreciated. I always have problems with Ranges properties etc but have got by from finding solutions from the many excellent replies here particularly when it comes to VBA and Macro's. However I now seem to have a problem in finding a suitable solution butif you don't ask ... I have a workbook with several sheets with named employees. At the end of each month I get sent a workbook with details of time spent by each employee on different tasks. Their names appear on the top cell with all their expense details listed below. ...

Control pasted/imported data to use only ODD or EVEN rows
I want to move data from access 2000 to excel I want to paste or import. May I tell excel to only accept one paste to use ODD rows, the the second paste to use even rows? I have spit data in access queries so I can use two pastes,exports. I have 5000 rows to do per paste. Maybe fifty columns The data in each paste will have identical columns and information. example; Joe, Smith, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Joe, Smith, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 1st car info (red blue black) Mary Poppins, address, 2nd car info (red blue black) If you have a s...

Import
Can you import from quicken 2004 to money 2004 not so much 'import' as 'convert' although some classifications will be lost. Try it with a Trial copy of Money first. <dinadale@iwon.com> wrote in message news:010001c3b51a$08d0baa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can you import from quicken 2004 to money 2004 M04 cannot upgrade a Q04 file since it came out first and is not clairvoyant about unreleased Quicken file formats. It can upgrade Q03 and earlier. M05 will likely upgrade Q04 and earlier, if the past is any predictor of the future. There is always QIF export/import but ...

Importing Outlook Express files
Seems like it should be simple, but unfortunately not obvious. Before reformatting my hard drive, somehow my Outlook files were saved as Outlook Express files. I now have about 10 different Outlook Express files. They look ok, but I can't seem to be able to convert or import them to Outlook. They seem to be unreadable with Outlook Express also. ...