importing #3

I have excel 2000 and a old lotus 1-2-3 ver 5 but it seems as though I have a prgm. from lotus that is in a later format than ver5 so my lotus will not open it and I cant seem to get excel to import it either anyhelp would be a great help. I really need this file

Haz
0
anonymous (74722)

Dear Haz

This may or may not work - I have done a quick test with
the process using a copy of an excel file, and that
worked, so hopefully you should have some success.

Take a copy of the 123 file and in windows explorer,
change the file name to have a .txt extension, then open
the new text file in excel. Unfortunately all formatting
and formaulas will be lost, but if it is a plain data
table everthing should be ok.

Hope this helps

0
paul_falla (99)

Import and export

Importing messages #6

FILL SERIES #3
I am working with mulitple workbooks that are linked to one master report that is to be updated with data entered in the workbooks. When I am creating a formula =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$2), I want this formula to fill down the column but switch to the appropriate numbered row, i.e. =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$3) but that is not working in Excel 2003. When I right click on the fill handle, I use to get a shortcut menu which would allow me to fill series but it's grayed out. I am manually entering the correct row number to make the formula have the correc...

Importing data

Formulae #3
Hi All, I need to reduce a figure by 5% and increase one by £1.50 how do I put this into a forulae. Thanks, kfh If I understand your questions correctly: =YourFigure*.95 for 95% of a number. Example =100*.95 will return 95. For the second part you want to add 1.50 pounds? =YourNumber+1.5 Example: =3+1.5 will return 4.5 The pound symbol should probably be aplied as formatting rather than typed. Format | Cells | Number. Pick either Currency or Accounting and set the appropriate monetary symbol. tj "k f h" wrote: > > Hi All, > > I need to reduce a figure b...

CRM Mobile 3.0 Online
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C65786.24AD5010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, Dynamics CRM Mobile 3.0 is now downloadable from the microsoft site. URL: = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3Dea5a3566-7ec8-= 4afe-bbfa-91e7210c55c4&DisplayLang=3Den Regards, --=20 Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C65786.24AD5010 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conte...

excel 97 xml import

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

collating 3 columns into one without redundancy
Hi there. I've got 3 columns of names of domains, which are never the same, and want to create a list (or column) which takes these 3 columns and list the domains in order without redundancy (the same name could be up t 10 times, so that name should appear only once in the list) I've no idea how to do this, can anyone help? Regards, K -- Kashgarin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kashgarinn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=795 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=511...

Importing Dynamic data

CRM 3.0 Pro and SQL 2005
I have a server with both CRM 3.0 PRO and SQL 2005 SP1 When I do a CRM Environment Diagnostics the error message under SQL Server says " The Microsoft CRM Database Does Not Contain a Version Number or The Version Number Is Not Valid ". I can't login to the CRM website. Whats wrong with my installation? Did you use a named instance or a default instance of SQL server. CRM only supports default instances. -Randy "John68" <John68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ED40473-4589-4CBF-B878-DAD9971A089A@microsoft.com... >I have a server with both...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

MS Publisher 2002 #3
I just got a new Dell PC with XP. I installed MS Publisher 2002 Deluxe with 3 CDs. I have installed all 3 CDs. I have access to a lot more clip art now but when I select clip art to insert, I get the message " file xxx is on 09PRMCD02, please insert disk". Why don't I have this disk and where do I get it? THanks. Have you tried inserting each of the disks (one at a time) to see if the file is on the disks? When you install the program, you have a choice as to whether you want to install all of the clip art or not. It defaults to "not". If that is the proble...

import pdf table

Compile error in hidden module #3
Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or close. How can I get rid of this message. Sounds like one of your workbooks or addins -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Hugh Jennings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18b8001c44b81$d5ebc7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I g...

importing email

Relay Problem #3
My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay. I went in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it. What should I do? One of my clients running Exchange 5.5 was running a Open Relay. You can tell this by opening up and telneting into port 25 and seeing if you can send mail through that port. If you get a blocked message you are not running an open relay, if you can relay a message through your exchange server then I followed a webpage on microsoft on securing exchange 5.5. I remember that it had to do with locking down who yo...

Spreadsheet size #3
How large can an Excel spreadsheet get without becoming unstable? Obviously, there has to be limit at some point, but I was wondering if anyone has any direct experience with this or documentation related to this. Just in case this is needed, here are the specs on the machine I work with: 40GB hard drive with 30GB free 2GB RAM (yes, I really have this) 1.78 MHZ processor Windows XP SP2 Excel 2002 SP3 Often working with files 25-30 MB on 1GB RAM 1 MHZ WinXPSP2 Excel 2000, no problem, but it might depend on what you are doing ?? knut "jim314" <jim314@discussions.microsoft.c...

Field missing upon XML import