Import HTML Form Data in Multiple Email (multiple text files)

PROBLEM:
I have an HTML form on a webpage that submits (posts) the form data results
to me via email. I now have hundreds of emails (.eml files from Windows Live
Mail) in a folder on my desktop that contain newsletter signup data from
people wanting to join my mailing list. These are names, email addresses,
phone numbers, and some check box information. The data is in the body of the
messages in the following format:

Field 1: User Entry 1
Field 2: User Entry 2
Field 3: User Entry 3

SOLUTION NEEDED:
I need a way to automate importation of the data from the text inside these
emails into an Excel (2007) spreadsheet. This needs to be automatic, to
format the data properly, and to work for multiple files in a directory (or
it could work for one file at a time as long as it is as simple as clicking a
button for each one). I also would like this to be formatted so that each
entry is a ROW, and each field is a COLUMN (so that you can scroll DOWN
through the various entries rather than ACROSS). The last point is less
important, but worth mentioning since everything I've tried so far also seems
to import the data the opposite way (with entries in columns and fields in
rows).

DETAILS:
I'm competent in Excel, but I'm no expert by any means. I hoped there was an
easy and obvious way to do this and I've tried many things, but so far I've
had no luck. I can import them one by one using the "data > import from text"
command. But this only imports one email at a time; Excel does not allow
importing multiple text files or a directory full of text files at once. I
have hundreds of these to import, so this would be tedious. I tried recording
a macro to automate this process, but the resulting macro simply imports the
same email files over and over rather than moving through them. I can't get
it to import all the email files in a folder or to import them in bulk. I
need a "one click" solution since I not only have many of these, but will
continue getting them on a regular basis as people sign up for the
newsletter. I need something automatic where I set it up, run it, and the
data gets stripped out, imported to the appropriate cells, and I'm done.

Also, this method imports the data along a horizontal axis, with each entry
as a COLUMN and the data headers for each field as ROWS, when I really would
like it to be the opposite (which each entry as a row and the headers for
each field as a column). This is a smaller point, since just getting the data
into Excel is my main problem right now, but it's worth mentioning. Perhaps
there is a way to manipulate the data and rotate a worksheet's cells 180
degrees so to speak? If anyone knows of a way to do this, please enlighten me.

I've tried looking for software or instructions to do this, but have not yet
had any luck. I am not in any way a script or macro writer, by the way, so
these are not good options for me unless they come with specific
instructions. I am hoping there is a simple and quick way to make short work
of this task. There should be, since it seems like this would be a common
problem!

I would appreciate some help from an Excel guru more learned than I! Thanks
guys!

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

excel 97 xml import

Problem with displaying images in forms
I have a problem with Microsoft Access 2007: there is a possibility to insert a picture into OLE Object field in Forms. However, it does not work: whenever I insert an image into OLE field in forms, it does not insert an image, but an icon of it, a Package. I did not check the field to insert icon: I want to have an image. But I always get an icon. Do you know how to make Access to display actual images instead of icons? I use Office 2007 on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I tried also Access 2010 beta--the problem occurs there too. Use an UNbound object frame. -- Milton Purd...

Not Receiving Email from Some Known Senders
Hi. I just got a new home PC from Dell. I am using Outlook 2003. I am also running McAfee Security Center. I am not receiving email from some senders that I know. They are not going to my Junk Email folder or my McAfee Anti-Spam folder. One sender whose email I am not receiving is my husbands. He is getting a message back from his postmaster that says "Delivery is delayed to these recipients...This message has not been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf." Even he sends an email to a distribution list and I am in the ...

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Funny Split Form Bug?
Hi all, I just found a funny thing in Ms Access 2007 I have a splitform, in the form Header I have a combobox to call a rowsource from a table(period),which have Period,Start date, End Date when I update/add the record at the form is OK! but when I update/add the record in datasheet problem will occurs for 2nd column and 3rd column, cboperiod.column(1)&(2)=null why ? is it a bug? or my code got problem? I tried this about few weeks only found different between form and datasheet key in. my code as per below; Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If...

Emailing worksheets in body
When I try to send a worksheet in the body of an email, i only gets options to mail recipient (for review) and mail recipient (as attachment), I no longer can just send an email with the worksheet in the body. How can I change this. I also just installed Adobe Professional 6.0 which has review features to it, I don't know if that affected my Excel or not. ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Capturing "text" instead of the formula
I have the following code snippet: Pass = 0 Fail = 0 For i = 9 To (ZeroRow - 3) Step 8 If Cells(i, "H").Value = Pass Then Pass = Pass + 1 Else Fail = Fail + 1 End If Next The cells I'm referring to actually have formulas in them but when you look at the worksheet the cells have either "Pass" or "Fail" in them. That's what I'm trying to capture. But when I run this code it doesn't see "Pass" in any of the cells so all of them in the for loop get assigned to Fail. I've tried putting t...

Preventing HTML graphics from automatically loading in preview pane
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to prevent outlook from automatically loading images in the preview pane. A lot of spammer's deliberately include html graphics in their messages. The URL for a particular image in the message is unique to the user it is sent to. When outlook displays such an image in the preview pane, it is essentially telling the spammer "Hey there spammer, here's a confirmation that I, <insert your e-mail address here> got your junk mail." Such confirmations tend to increase the quantity of junk mail a user receives. Even webmail client...

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Using multiple Like(s) * in a query
Hi Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c") rather than having to use multiple OR statements? Thanks for any suggestions Paul Paul, Using your example: Like "[a-c]*" .... or: Like "[a,b,c]*" -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP paulquinlan100@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > > Just a quick one, is there a way of selecting using Like* multiple > times in a query in a similar way to using IN e.g. IN("a","b","c"...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

delimiting w/multiple delimiters?
I have a large database I use that has our item numbers and quantities in the same cell (example: PRODUCTA Q100, and PRODUCTA Q200, etc). It works for me to use the quantities for formula later by doing the "text to columns" and delimiting by Q. Problem is, sometimes the product name also has a Q in it so the delimiting function seperates it incorrectly. Like: Works: cell A: PRODUCTA Q100 turns to-- cell A: PRODUCTA cell B: 100 Doesn't work when: cell F: PRODUCTQA Q100 turns to-- cell A: PRODUCT cell B: A cell C:100 The LAST Q# is always the one I w...

html page as setup
Hi, My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible without some micro web server. thanks for advice "andrew" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23wqALE3HFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > My MFC application require some setup/config dialog, > and I'd like to make it as html web page, but not sure if this is possible > without some micro web server. > > thanks for advice > > Take a look at the following msdn article http://msdn.microsoft...