Import external data function

What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import
external from an Oracle database?
0
Schultz1 (5)

Hi Michael,

> What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import
> external from an Oracle database?

Excel 4, I think, though each version since has done it slightly differently.
Excel 4 used the =SQL.REQUEST function, Excel 5 and 95 used a separate addin
(via MSQuery) and Excel 97 introduced QueryTables.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.oaltd.co.uk

Help: Not resolved external Symbol
Platform: Visual Studio .NET 2003 I read the MSDN and try using the Video for Windows. I have include the file <VfW.h>. Icalled the function capCreateCaptureWindow but failed. I call the function like this: // ---------------------------------------------- HWND GetWindow(int x, int y, int nWidth, int nHeight, HWND ParentHWND) { HWND WindowHdl; WindowHdl = capCreateCaptureWindow( "Capture Window", WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE | WS_EX_LEFT | WS_VISIBLE | WS_EX_MDICHILD, // Window Style. Defined in Help Topic: "CreateWindowEx Function" x, y, nWidth, nHeight, Paren...

Importing data

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Import and export

Importing messages #6

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

excel 97 xml import

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

Send/receive function
I've just installed Office Pro 2003 on my computer that is running XP Pro. I've set up my outlook to get my earthlink e-mail. When I press send/receive I get the error message "The operation failed. The object could not be found. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I am also having simular problems I have a imap drive and my personal folders. The microsoft site fix is to remove the profile and recreate. I have done this a number of times even starting from scratch but the problem is still persistant. I have friends with this exact set up who have ...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Concurrent access to private data
Hi, maybe it's a simple problem for most of you, but I can't find an easy way to quite simple problem, let me describe: Let's have this code: public ClassToChange() { ... //some other methods internal List<AnyDataClass> LockAndGetData() { Monitor.Enter(cs); return data; } internal Unlock() { Monitor.Exit(cs); } private object cs = new object(); private List<AnyDataClass> data = new List<AnyDataClass>(); } public class Editor { public Editor(ClassToChange editedObject) { this.editedObject = editedObject; } ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

error (bug?) with VLOOKUP function
Hallo, I have a problem with VLOOKUP function (excel 2007). I tried what follows several times and i always get the same error/ considere table (B5:C9) sorted according the first column: name salary baba 400 bibi 600 bobo 200 bubu 300 cel B13 contains: bibi cel B14 contains: baba in D13: =VLOOKUP(B13;B$5:C$9;2) and i drag it to D14 Result: in D13: 600 (this is correct) in D14: #N/B Each time, with the first name only of any sorted table, i get that error. Any explanation? Thanks Luc see answer in other newsgroup -- Kind regards, ...

Importing a CSV file

SmartList for Canadian Payroll returns no data
We are running GP V10 and Canadian Payroll. When our Payroll clerk tries to run a SmartList for payroll data she gets nothing returned in her query result. She is able to see all of her data and do her Payroll work with no issues, and her security access to Payroll data is correct. Can anyone advise as to what we may have missed in her security and / or setup that would prevent her from seeing the data in her SmartList query? As POWERUSER I get no results from the SmartList query either. Appreciate any help or advice! Thanks! Hi LMG Which CPR Smartlists are you trying to run? T...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Attaching to secured Access data source via Excel
I have a password secured Access 97/2000 database that I'm trying to attach to via Excel 97/2000 to make pivot tables, but I can't use any of the database's objects as a data source, at least no way that I'm aware. I'm assuming that's caused by Access requiring me to be part of a particular workgroup (system.mdw) and logged in as a certain user. Am I correct in the assumption that attaching to an secured Access data source is impossible in Excel? (BTW, making pivot tables using non-secured Access data sources is no problem.) ...

stumped on creating dependent data validation lists
I created 2 Data Validation lists with Indirect functions. On trying to use them in conjunction with a 3rd list, i realized my logic in trying to accomplish what i need had been flawed. The problem is that the 3rd list, which should be dependent on the 1st 2, changes location. That is, i have a very busy worksheet. In the main body of the worksheet, there are no empty rows and columns. But almost every cell needs to have dependent validation lists to select items from. The main body is from A13 to AW131. In the area E14 to Q131, I have the potential to need a dependent dropdown list i...

external email allow to relay by IP
in exchange 2003 i had rules on the smtp connector to allow relay for a few IPs (mainly to allow a few external users with static IPS, to use the server to send and receive email) where's this option in 2007 ? -mark On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:13:23 -0000, "luna" <luna_s@themoon.com> wrote: >in exchange 2003 i had rules on the smtp connector to allow relay for a few >IPs (mainly to allow a few external users with static IPS, to use the server >to send and receive email) > >where's this option in 2007 ? > >-mark > http://msexchangeteam.com/a...