Import #2

I have a csv file, of contacts, that was exported from
Outlook. When you bring this into excel, the street field
may have multiple information,
ex.-123 Main Street
    PO Box 999
What happens with this is, it puts a return between the
two entries. It also does this to the note field. It puts
a square whre the return is. I want to break this into two
columns in excel. What I would like to know, is there any
way to do a mass replace for this return with, say a ^
(carrot). That way I can break this into seperate columns
using the carrot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

John
0
jbobnick (1)

John

If possible save the *.csv file as *.txt file then use the Text Import Wizard.

If not, select your *.csv imported data in Excel and Data>Text to Columns.
Make sure you have a couple of empty columns to the right of this column.
Excel will overwrite without asking.

First screen check "de-limited">Next in "other" box enter ALT + 0010(using
numpad keys).  You won't see anything in box but hit Next.  Excel should have
split your data into separate columns.  Hit "Finish".

Other CR codes are 0013 and 0160 if 0010 won't work.

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:33:55 -0800, "John" <jbobnick@baseballhalloffame.org>
wrote:

>I have a csv file, of contacts, that was exported from
>Outlook. When you bring this into excel, the street field
>may have multiple information,
>ex.-123 Main Street
>    PO Box 999
>What happens with this is, it puts a return between the
>two entries. It also does this to the note field. It puts
>a square whre the return is. I want to break this into two
>columns in excel. What I would like to know, is there any
>way to do a mass replace for this return with, say a ^
>(carrot). That way I can break this into seperate columns
>using the carrot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks.
>
>John

0
Gord

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

Printing Reports #2
I want to change the default font when I go to reports. My font is some kind of goofy font that I can't read. Can anyone help ...

excel 97 xml import

Need help with exel database #2
I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I have a pre-written letter that I want to send out to each of the names in the database. My question is if I can somehow have exel automatically create a seperate letter in Word for each Name in the database and have the correct data go into the correct fields in the pre-written letter. Is that possible? Thanks for any input. Look at Mail Merge in MS Word and your worksheet as the data source "john2004" wrote: > I have a database in exel with names, addresses and other information. I > have a ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

Offline Address Book not updating #2
Hello, Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address book. We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server. "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address >book. We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions. > >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server. Check the Applications Log on the OAB server and make sure the OAB is being generated. There w...

Importing a CSV file

Activation Number #2
-----Original Message----- From: "Tom Whalen" Sent: 11/1/2003 4:27:05 PM Subject: Activation Number I recently downloaded Money 2004 and installed it with no problems. I've just installed a new hard drive and for some reason I lost the downloaded file. Someone told me that I could re-download the software for up to 5 times. Can someone email me and let me know the address for the download. thanks, Tom Whalen .. ...

archiving emails #2
Hi, When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being archive with the emails. Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its attachments? thanks In news:1134832411.359443.45580@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Lynn <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> typed: > Hi, > When I archive my emails, I find that attachments are also being > archive with the emails. > Is there a way which allows me to only archive the email and not its > attachments? > > thanks The attachments are part of the messages, so, no. What is it you wish to do, exactly? ...

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

RMS 2.0 / Pccharge / Debit module / Ingenico 6550
Has anyone been able to get the Ingenico 6550 to work with Pccharge debit module? I'm able to do credit card transactions but I'm having trouble getting the 6550 to do debit. I did purchase the RMS debit module from Verifone and install it. The message I get when I try a debit transaction is: " PCcharge debit configuration information is missing - please configure and perform debit transaction again" I believe I've installed it correctly but from the message I must be missing something. I know that RMS supports the 6550 but I believe its only if you use the bui...

importing email

ERROR AFTER CUSTOMIZATION IN MSCRM 1.2
Hi! I have installed MsCRM 1.2, nad the installation was succesfully. But, when i try to customization one or more fields this is the result: i create in Deployment Manager new attribute (for example lead's attribute). Creation was succesfully without error. In the CRM i add the new field into lead's form. Save this configuration. In Deployment Manager i pubblish this customization: the pubblishing was successfully.I Restart IIS. After this default operation about fields customization, i try to open the new form for see the new field into CRM's object (in my test lead) but when...

import pdf table

2 Computers - 1 Network Drive
I have 2 computers - each with its own Outlook 2007 (yes, I bought two separate copies). I also have a network drive. Can I have one set of outlook data on my network drive so each computer may access it? What files do I need to copy to my network drive? How do I "point" Outlook on the computers to the network drive? Steve wrote: > I have 2 computers - each with its own Outlook 2007 (yes, I bought two > separate copies). I also have a network drive. > > Can I have one set of outlook data on my network drive so each computer may > access it? ...

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003