if statement with dates #2

I would like to have a statement like:
IF(a1>0,1/1/2004)
with 1/1/2004 beint a date.
EXCEL is interpreting 1/1/2004 as an arithmetic statement and giving me the
result of the arithemtic.
I could put in the numeric offste for the date and write
IF(a1>0,37987), formatting the cell as a date, but this seems awkward.
What else can I do?

TIA,
Sanford

crm test 2
sdadqd asd qsd qsd qd ...

Syntax error 5.5.2 and error 4.1.8
I have around 350 email addresses in blocks of 50 or so. I send group emails once a month without incident until today. Now I get syntax error 5.5.2 and 4.1.8. Just to be sure I opened each group and scanned for corrupted addresses, etc. All looks clean. I am using XP as OS and email is Mozilla Thunderbird. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice byte[] to image and image to byte[] http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2a1d8e9c-161f-455c-a5b7-dd2d9a05c101/byte-to-image-and-image.aspx On 12/31/09 12:32 AM, in article 2009123133220rquinn002@maine.rr.c...

* In IF Statement
Novice Excel 2003 user who knows absolutely nothing about VBA. I am trying to use an IF statement referencing "1*" in my criteria but it doesn't seem to be able to do this. I have departments "AR" in cell F1, "BSC" in F2, "Finish" in F3, and "Surface" in F4. AR is equal to 1, BSC equal to 2, Finish equal to 3, and Surface equal to 4. In B2:B29 I reference department numbers 1, 2, 3, or 4, and then a letter equal to A through V. Basically what I am looking for is a formula that will enter the department name in C2:C29 based on th...

Quick Print #2
I have an issue with SO quick print. I can use the application without a problem. However, it only print 1 copy of each document. If I wanted 3 copies of the packing slip, it only give me 1. Can anybody help me with this? I have tried with all the user rights even with administrator and it still does not work. I used administrator in the workstation and regular user in GP. Regular user in the workstation and Administrator in GP and Administrator in both application. I could not figure it out. Open the sales transaction window and leave it open - go to Extras on the top - then Option...

If Statement inside If statement....
Hello all, I'd like to start by thanking all on this forum for the great advice and assistance you provide! Saved me more times than I can count! OK.... Here is the formula I currently have... =IF(J16="W",ABS(SUM(H16/I16)),- I16) This formula works great however in place of "ABS(SUM(H16/I16))" I need to tell it to do that if the value in H16 is negative. If H16 is positive I want it to perform "=I16*(H16/100)" I'm not sure I explained what I want clearly so I'm going to put it in words.... IF J16 is "W" then if the value in H16 is negat...

How to plot Date Ranges on Same Graph
I'm trying to take our personnel spreadsheet and chart employee arrival and departure data so that we can graphically see where the gaps are and whether or not we need to fill certain positions earlier than expected. When a date changes, the chart needs to automatically re-draw to correct itself. I thought, "oh, this will be easy- I'll simply chart the date ranges with everyone on their own line," and told my boss it would take 5 minutes. Well, that was a week ago! He's getting antsy, and I'm getting embarrassed. So basically, if person X is here from May throu...

MS POS 2.0 and Office Account 2007
Has the integration been improved between these two applications since the SBA 2006 and POS 1.x were released? When I looked at it back it didnt do transactions, just batches. I am looking for full integration between the two products. Point of Sale 2.0 ships with Office Accounting 2007 for free. There is a very tight integration where detailed sales, item, customer, vendor, and item receipt information is shared automatically. This site has more info: http://pos.microsoft.com "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6E30AA5-8D21-431...

date track based on svc cond.
Hello, I'm looking to track material out for repair by the type of service requested. In cell (G:2) will be the type of service: BCK = bench check = this will have a projected return date (I:2)within three days of the repair order date (H:2) REP = repaired = This will have a projected return date (I:2) within 7 days of the repair order date (H:2) OVH = overhaule = this will have a projected return date (I:2) within 14 days of the repair order date. With all this I would also like to include the warranty schedule from the date of the service reurn date(J2) BCK= no warranty REP= 90...

Mouse Wheel #2
I recently installed office pro 2007 upgrade (from office pro 2003) and my mouse wheel doesn't work.When I mash the wheel in it magnifies on scroll. If I set the option to zoom on scroll nothing happens. If I mash the wheel i, it scrolls. Is this a programing glich or do I need to do something else. Tks. -- Bill ...

Money 2004 Upgrade #2
I have Money 2004 installed on my pc. I would like to upgrade to Money Small Business version. Will I be able to keep track of personal funds and business funds on the same program including transferring funds back and forth. AND. Will my data transfer over to the Small Business version? Money 2004 Small Business should read another Money 2004 file (so long as the versions are from the same country). Here is a comparison chart: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp - as it shows, the small business edition allows you to manage your personal finances too, so I would ...

Statements: Numbering and then being able to apply based on state
Have a client who can have 20,000 invoices for a customer in a month. The customer only gets a statement. Would like to be able to number statements and then if the customer pays the full amount be able to pay based on the statement number. Thought about using lockbox processing to try and set up a format based on the electronic data that comes back with the check as well. But need to find if anyone has a solution for the statement numbering We created a customization for a customer about 5-6 years ago that does something like this...it was pretty involved. From what I recall, ther...

Can I create a statement from a spreadsheet
I have created a spreadsheet of 90 people going on a trip for our school showing the amount of the trip and each payment and six or seven payments with check numbers. I also have their current balance. Would I be able to print a statement of their account? The short answer is "yes". However, the best method of doing this, depending on how your data is arranged, is probably to use the XL sheet as a data source for a data merge in Word. In article <2EAF704F-6D0D-4C68-BDF7-EEA5F38EB85E@microsoft.com>, pfb99 <pfb99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have crea...

Email merge #2
I am running an email merge from Access into Word into Outlook (I am using a form letter with the fields being updated from an Access table). All of the emails I have tested are being received by people in my office, however, I am not getting a read receipt notification even though I have my default options set to receive one. This is a problem because I need to know that the email has been read. Any ideas? ...

microsoft money 5 date configuration
Microsoft money 5 has always displayed the date as month, day, year. One day it accidently got changed to the show the date as day, month, year. I don't know what happened or how to correct it. Does anyone know How to change it back? In microsoft.public.money, winir wrote: >Microsoft money 5 has always displayed the date as month, day, year. One day >it accidently got changed to the show the date as day, month, year. I don't >know what happened or how to correct it. Does anyone know How to change it >back? Check the short date format in Windows. ...

Securing Exchange #2
Hi! I have problems with spam on my Exchange 2000. Is there any good documentation/whitepaper etc. abut securing an Exchange server availible. I have done all the "normal" securing but still there are a few queues with spam. Can there be a "spy prog" on it that's causing all this. Can I log somewhere all Telnet sessions and stuff? Reg J�rgen Persson On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:44:48 +0200, "J�rgen" <jorgen_persson78@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >I have problems with spam on my Exchange 2000. Is there any good >documentation/whitepaper etc. ab...

IF OR Statements
Anybody know how to write a formula for a statement involving "if" and "or" statements such as: if (cell x=? and (cell y=? or cell z=?)) then cell Q=? or blank In general terms: =IF(AND(X=?,OR(Y=?,Z=?)),?,"") This formula would have to be in cell Q An example with actual cells: =IF(AND(A1=10,OR(A2=15,A3=20)),100,"") This formula must be in the cell to which the result should be returned. A formula can't "reach out" and put a value in another cell; it just returns a value to the cell that has the formula. Please note th...

Duration between 2 dates
Hi, I need some help on calculating number of days between two dates excluding weekends and holidays. Is there a function in sql that can do this? Like excel has NETWORKDAYS function. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! Kru (pkruti@hotmail.com) writes: > I need some help on calculating number of days between two dates > excluding weekends and holidays. Is there a function in sql that can > do this? How would SQL Server know when you have a holiday? The right approach is to have a calendar table. See here for a couple of good articles to study: http://ww...

Due Date in Statement of accounts??
Hi , Can i print the sales statement of account showing the DUE DATE ? If yes, kindly please help me to create the field. Thanks in advance. ...

Date Reminder
How can I get the background of a cell to change color if the date entered is within 60 days of todays date ? Is there a way to make it flash ? Thanks Format/Conditional Formatting change Cell Value is to Formula Is enter =ABS(A1-TODAY())<=60 click Format button, click Patterns tab, pick a color. Change A1 to the cell containing the date. "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A714BC5-D1D3-4809-978A-B4C6F712E048@microsoft.com... > How can I get the background of a cell to change color if the date entered > is > within 60 days of to...

Statement Line Items not purging off statement
I have a few customer statements that although payments and returns have been applied to invoices and paid in full are not purging off their statement?? There are a few different ways to achieve this outcome. This method is when NOT using National Accounts. I find most customers do not want to run the Paid Transaction Removal process too soon, in case of voids and credits are required. We modify the RM Statement and add a cacluated field to supress the body when the current transaction amount is zero. First step is to link the RM Open File to the RM_Statements_TRX_Temp, us...

SBA 2006 Fails to process batch from RMS 2.0
SBA 2006 is frequently failing to import POS batches with the following message "The batch cannot be posted to the General Ledger since the batch debits do not qual credits Press OK to mark this batch as processed Press Cancel to skip this batch" ...

If statement- formula
Well I'm stumped again. If close!ag2:ag19999 contains "xyz" enter contents of close!ag2:ag19999, otherwise enter contents of close!ae2:ae19999 thanx, ~Julz Hi what do you mean with 'enter contents'?. Do you want to add them? If yes try =SUMIF(close!ag2:ag19999,"xyz",close!ag2:ag19999)+SUMIF(close!ag2:ag199 99,"<>xyz",close!ae2:ae19999) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Julz wrote: > Well I'm stumped again. > > If close!ag2:ag19999 contains "xyz" enter contents of > close!ag2:ag19999, otherwise enter cont...

RE: Multiple 2 cell into another
How do I Multiple 2 cells on the same row into a third cell in another cell? Not side by side. Example: I have the number 3 in cell E. I need to Multiple it with the amount in Cell F (which is $) and put total in side H. Example (E) 3 x (F)$18.00 = (H) $54.00 Thank You Mark =E1*F1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mark" <drdinoz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:30D19D44-080A-4442-AFDC-0FEB7918432C@microsoft.com... > How do I Multiple 2 cells on the same row into a third cell in another cell? Not side by side. Example: I have the number 3 in cell E. I need to Multip...

Contract posted with wrong dates
We have had a few issues where a contract is posted and invoice generated. The invoice is generated but not posted. Our contract department would like to be able to cancel the contract or change the start/end dates due to a change in our relationship with the customer. Is there any way to do this or is our only option removing the contract through SQL and creating a new one? ...

How to make footers display over objects in publisher #2
Hey There, I am having troubles with getting footers to display over an object in publisher. Is this possible to do? Any help I would really appreciate. Thanks Page numbers are normally on the Master Page (Background on older versions). Might try putting the object on the Master Page behind the page number. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elanor" <Elanor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E24C5448-B213-4555-B415-7247D25B5BDF@microsoft.com... > Hey There, > > I am having tr...