If loop to change background color

Hi all, I currently have the following i
loop within my Excel chart..

=IF(F4<F22,"Increase","Decrease"

Generally, it says that if F4 is less than F22, then write Increase
else write Decrease

However, I already have a value on that cell which I dont want t
change (i.e. not replaced by Increase or Decrease). Is it possible t
change the background colour instead so that if F4 is less than F2
then change the background color to red or yellow
--------
Message sent via  www.excelforums.com

what you want done, can be done in VBA (if you do not want to involv
additional columns).

or

another method would be to use a helper column and enter 'increase' o
'decrease' over there. based on that, you could conditionally forma
another cell to change font or background colour

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

Hi
see you other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"BravoGolf - ExcelForums.com"
<darrenh_1999@yahoo-dot-ie.no-spam.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all, I currently have the following if
> loop within my Excel chart...
>
> =IF(F4<F22,"Increase","Decrease")
>

> Generally, it says that if F4 is less than F22, then write Increase,
> else write Decrease.
>
> However, I already have a value on that cell which I dont want to
> change (i.e. not replaced by Increase or Decrease). Is it possible to
> change the background colour instead so that if F4 is less than F22
> then change the background color to red or yellow?
> ---------
> Message sent via  www.excelforums.com

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Strange behaviour: show/hide formatting symbols reveals old change
In Word 2007, I'm getting some strange behaviour in a document that was authored by someone else. Track Changes is switched off, all changes have been accepted, and everything looks as it should in whichever view I happen to choose (Print Layout, Draft, whatever). But when I click to show formatting symbols (in whatever view) a whole lot of old changes - deletions AND insertions, ostensibly all accepted, and from before the document got to me - appear in the document, making it quite tricky to work with. These old changes are impervious to anything I try to do with them E...

change text colour #2
Is this possible to change text colour(say to blue) after 10hrs automatically. so that next day when i open sheet & start working i can easily differentiate yesterday's work. Is there any other way to do this? please elaborate the process. The easiest way would be to select all completed cells and format the text blue when you first open your spreadsheet. To automate the process would require the incorporation of a date/time cell, conditional formatting, VBA or combination (depending on existing data). -- Steve "aditya" <aditya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Track Changes History Worksheet
In a shared password protected workbook, I would like to keep the History worksheet displayed all the time. Currently, every time I open up the workbook, I have to go to Track Changes and click on List Changes in a New Sheet. Thank you for your help! ...

Change Colour of my Message
Hi, There are times when I want to send message to my colleagues in one colour (e.g. in Red, showing it is very important) and like wise I want to use many different colours to show different signs. I know I can use the importance flag but it doesn't change the colour of the whole message when it comes to Inbox, the importance flag only puts a flag in the flag column but I want the whole message to appear in the particular colour. Is this possible in Outlook 2003? Your help will he highly appreciated. Thank you, Sajid Not really unless the recipient has conditional formatting setup ...

My "Do While...Loop" wont loop and delete the spaces between my digits.
I am trying to eliminate the spaces between digits in Australian Business Numbers which have the format "NN NNN NNN NNN" to produce an eleven digit number with no spaces. I have written a function to do this that appears to work. I now want to call this function from a subroutine to change about 3000 numbers. The subroutine is causing me headaches. Here is my space-eliminating function: Function RemoveSpaces(CellContents As String) As String Do While InStr(1, CellContents, " ") > 0 CellContents = Replace(CellContents, " ", "") Loop Re...

Finding/matching custom color in publisher
I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find out the RGB of a previously created background color. Download this small utility, it is a color picker, free. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JohnnyP" <JohnnyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8BDFFC-66C8-4D85-8629-43F72DCB4...

Automatic Font Change
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I hit an apostrophe, Word automatically changes the font of my document. Even with autocorrect turned off this happens. How can I make it stop? It sounds like you may have smart quotes turned on and the font you are using does not contain them so it switches to one that does. Turn off smart quotes or change fonts. Thank You. ...

change textbox property
Hi Is there a way to check for a value at detail-onprint, if value true, stop print, go back to format to change textbox property, and print again. I have a check slip report with text box that is aligned to the 'pay to' field. So, if the recipient's name is very long, it will grow to text under the line. What I want is if the name is long enough to expand to the next line, is push up the textbox so the second line is on the check line. Hope you understand what I am trying to say here. :) I think the len function will be able to achieve what I want but I think it is not fool-pro...

change column widths w/o affecting rows above
I'm trying to create a form and I want five columns of identical width on one row and then several rows below I want five columns of varying width. Is this possible? Thanks Not directly - width is a property of the column, not individual cells. You may be able to achieve the effect you want by merging cells. In article <C31E7155-1736-4136-A8F1-12F3DA4AD153@microsoft.com>, Mike G <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to create a form and I want five columns of identical width on one > row and then several rows below I want five columns of v...

Repost: Loop through files
I posted this earlier, but it never made it to the screen so I'm reposting - hope it doesn't duplicate the earlier one. I need to loop through all currently open workbooks and display a message box that tells me the file name and whether or not the workbook is visible. Your example code is what I need. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Hi, Sub ShowThem() Dim oBook As Workbook For Each oBook In Workbooks MsgBox "Book " & vbNewLine & oBook.FullName _ & vbNewLine & "is " & _ IIf(oBook.Windows(1).Visible...

Changing a control on a subform?
I am trying to turn some controls in a subform on or off by using a check box on the main form, can�t get it to work Here is the code on the check box click event Private Sub ckShowAWIPrice_Click() If Me.ckShowAWIPrice = -1 Then Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardBond.Visible = True Me!frmDataSubform.Form!txtStandardNet.Visible = False End If End Sub i'm guessing that "frmDataSubform" is the name of the form (that you're using as a subform) as it shows in the database window. is it also the name of the *subform control within the main form*? your expression has ...

Cannot accept change in appointment
Hello, I cannot accept a change in an appointment. Person 1 creates an appointment and sends in to persons 2 and 3. Then person 2 changes the appointment but person 3 cannot accept this change because outlook says the request is too old. How can i make certain the person 3 can accept this change? We work with outlook 2003 and exchange 2003. Auke Bijlsma Deltaisis ...

Loop?
I really am having a bad week... I have a workbook with two sheets; 'main' & 'not complete'. On the main sheet I have 10 columns of data, row 2 to 20 (More rows can be added so may be more). What I need to do is: for each row, if column I = 1 and J = "" then I need to copy some of the data from that row (column A,B,F & G) to the sheet called 'not complete'. the cell in column J will then be changed to 1. Repeat for each row making sure the sheet called 'not complete' does not have any blank rows. Hope that makes sense a...

Loop/Repeat Code
A2007 I need to run code while the record is displayed on a form, and must run this for all records. I have on the Click event of a button on the form: DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acFirst Call MyFunction It is MyFunction I need help with: DoCmd 'Run some code and queries' DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acNext Need help here to repeat/loop until the last record. Thanks in advance. ...

change existing publication
I created a postcard using a template. Can I convert it to a 6" x 9" without re-doing the whole thing? You can change the size but you will have to tweak it to fit. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Christopher" <Christopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0565330E-1E96-4AAC-AAF6-2C3E64FC573F@microsoft.com... >I created a postcard using a template. Can I convert it to a 6" x 9" >without > re-doing the whole thing? If you have Publisher 2003, yes y...

Changing month start/end time
Hello, As standard, Money's budgeting starts on the first of the month and ends the last day of the month. I would like to change it to begin on the 20th and end on the 19th of the next month. Is that possible? Or should auck it up and quit my whining? Thanks, Kip I'd vote for "suck it up." This has been asked and answered a lot lately including, IIRC, earlier today. Money fixes the year and month boundaries. "kip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06a801c3b6d7$e8335d10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > As standard, Money's budg...

How can I change the colour of text written with track changes?
How can I change the colour of a text or edit a text that was written with track changes? I have disabled track changes but unable to edit the text. Please help You must accept the changes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Surya" <Surya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2D0445-030C-424F-9B29-9444B55102F0@microsoft.com... > How can I change the colour of a text or edit a text that was written with > track changes? I have disabled track changes but unable to edit th...

Changing Toolbar Icon Size
Is it possible to change the size of the Icons in the toolbars from VBA Subroutine? Thank you. Like when you do: Tools|customize|Options tab|Check Large Icons? If yes, then: Application.CommandBars.LargeButtons = True But this affects lots of programs -- all of the office suite??? Jack Gillis wrote: > > Is it possible to change the size of the Icons in the toolbars from VBA > Subroutine? > > Thank you. -- Dave Peterson Thank you, Dave. That does it and. yes, I realize the change effects lots but I have a way to handle that. "Dave Peterson" <ec357...

Mail Loops
Is there anyway on exch 5.5 to limit the number of times a mail is resent ie when the user sets up a forwarding rule to a home account and screws up the address a mail loop is formed. I would like to set the number of retries to say 6. Help please tia No. Rules are set to fire when the e-mail is received. Only OOF is set to fire only once per recipient. As far as the rule is concerned, each message is separate and must be forwarded on to the home account. Do yourself a favor and disable forwarding to the internet. Give them another option to get e-mails while they are home. If you need ...

Change format of date in query?
Can this be done? I hope I’m missing something small. A query named “Qry Monthly Volunteer Email” has a field named [Date]. Right now it returns 4/24/2010 but I would like for it to return “Sat, 4/24/2010” to solve any confusion as to day of the week. I modified the following from other discussions on this subject, but it continues to return 4/24/2010. SELECT [Tbl Vol Opportunities].Date, Format([Date],"ddd, mm/dd/yy") Thank you for your help! On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:39:01 -0700, Flopbot <Flopbot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can this be done? ...

Access Program Only Looping Part Way Through Outlook Inbox
Hello Outlook Group: I am developing an Access application that reads through the Inbox (both read and unread mail), and under certain conditions, adds the mail information to an Access database. When I am done looking at the mail item, I file it one one of two folders: either REJECTS or SAVED MAIL. I'm using POP3. The problem is that it only loops about half-way through the inbox and exits BEFORE all the mail in the inbox folder is processed. I have two sub-folders under the inbox, one call REJECTS and the other SAVED MAIL. If I do a ? InboxItems.COUNT, the count o...

enabling owa password change
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on a Win2k3 server in a Win2k3 domain. I enabled the OWA change password option this morning and tried it out - it worked fine. HOWEVER, I did some testing and found out that a regular domain user CAN CHANGE THE PASSWORD of another domain user. It just worked. I just typed in the username of another account that I knew the password for and reset their password. I then logged in to the domain from another computer to verify that the password had been changed. What is going on??!?!?! I have disabled the owa change password option...

change default fields on task reminder
I would like to change my reminder message box so instead of listing Subject and Due Date, it lists information from custom fields I added to the form. I know how to change the appearance of the reminder-- but not the actual fields of the message box. Is something users are allowed to do? I don't think it's possible to change the format of the reminder dialog box at all. I know of a 3rd party program that replaces the default reminder dialog and displays all of your reminders in one window (Reminder Manager, available at http://www.slovaktech.com), but even that won't le...

Continuation of non-changing dates in calendar?
Hello all, I have a club calendar with all of our members birthdates and anniversaries that I post on our webpage. I also post our campout dates which change from year to year. Because the birthdays and anniversaries do not change how do I continue them in publisher calendar automatically so I do not have to redo them from year to year? All help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Albert amlazon@Hotmail.com (use s instead of z to e-mail me) On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 07:27:36 -0600, Albert <amlazon@Hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >I have a club calendar with all of our mem...

How do you change the time between POP3 checks in the connector to less that 15 minutes?
How do you change the time between POP3 checks in the connector to less that 15 minutes? Thanks ...