If Info In Cell Then Formula In Another

Hello,

I am trying to get a cell with date information in it to enable a formula of
some other cells to happen, in other words when a date is not entered that
particular cell is empty therefore the corresponding formula cells are not
enabled.  Here is a function that works but only when the referanced cell has
either "Pending/Issued/Declined"
=IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",F4*0,IF(E4="Pending",0))).  I would
like this function to result correctly with a date entry in the referanced
cell rather then wording.
How can I do this?

--
Thank you,

Trying Hard

Not very sure, but think we could try:

=IF(E4="","",IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",0,IF(E4="Pending",0))))

Added on a front check for E4 is empty: .. IF(E4="","",
and simplified "F4*0" to just a plain zero

Or, perhaps just use:
=IF(E4="","",IF(E4<>"Issued",0,F4*H4))
may suffice

Test it out ..
--
Max
Singapore
"Trying Hard" <TryingHard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get a cell with date information in it to enable a formula
of
> some other cells to happen, in other words when a date is not entered that
> particular cell is empty therefore the corresponding formula cells are not
> enabled.  Here is a function that works but only when the referanced cell
has
> either "Pending/Issued/Declined"
> =IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",F4*0,IF(E4="Pending",0))).  I would
> like this function to result correctly with a date entry in the referanced
> cell rather then wording.
> How can I do this?
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Trying Hard

0
demechanik (4694)

Highlight cell colour
In Excel 2007, when selecting different cells they are highlighted a light gray. How do I change that to a darker colour so that the selected cells are easier to see? Some people have seen an improvement by changing contrast in their monitor settings. If you want a permanent fix for the selected cells coloring in Excel 2007 here is a Registry hack. Start>Run regededit.exe Drill down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options Right-click on Options6 and Modify>Decimal........change the 32 to 16 When you select multiple cells all but the ...

Stock Split info-where is the info
I am in the wonderful process of starting my tax filing. If I have a stock buy entry for 100 shares of XYZ company at $20, the amount is $2000.GOOD. Now,if I record a 2-1 split, it will show 200 shares, at $10s, amount $2000. My questions is this, #1. how can I see what the stock split info was ? It seems there is no way to see it was a 2-1 ( this scenario is easy..but what if the stock splits 10 times over 10 years). I want to know, because I am getting lost over checking my 1099 against MSmoney. Any help would be good, thanks. The only way I have found to see this is to go into Updat...

Cell #2
I want to protect a cell after entering formula. But at the same time the entire worksheet except that cell should be unprotected/Open for edit. Kindly suggest solution for the same. Hi, It's easy. Select all the cells you want to allow access, Ctl-click on the cell you wish to protect. Go to menu, format>cells choose Protection, uncheck "locked". and OK. you're done. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to protect a cell after entering formula. But at the same time the entire worksheet except that cell should be unprotected/Open for edit. > >Ki...

info
clik here for money http://kriskraft.site.voila.fr/ and GO for cash !!! see you soon chris ...

Pivot Chart and combination with another chart
Is it possible to combine pivot chart and to input another one ? For example: I make one pivot chart - some item consumption every day but I need to input some target level to be reached .. it means how to combine these two charts to show how it is pivot chart reaching daily a target ? Thanks / Juraj ...

Compare 1 cell to column of cells returning adjacent cells info?
I want to compare the value in one cell to another column of cells in another work sheet and once the matching value is found I wan to return a different cells value that is on the same line as the matching cell. Example Sheet 1 value is 34 in B6, so I want it to search Sheet 3 colum J for the value 34 which is found on row 351. When a match is found the value returned needs to be from colum O so this would be O351. Does anybody know how to setup this function? You are describing the VLOOKUP() function =VLOOKUP(B6,'Sheet 3'!$J$1:$0$500,6,0) "Mr. Fine"...

How do capture the first three characters from one cell to another cell
"AGC4039" is in cell 1. I want cell 2 to grab the first thre characters from cell 1 so it will display "AGC" Anybody know if excel can do this? Thanks for your help! Ale -- ExcelAle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelAlex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27129 =LEFT(cell1,3) works dandy -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Counting cells with data
How do I "count" the number of cells with a value in them? I have a spreadsheet with 277 rows, but only some of these have data. I want to find the "AVERAGE" of the cells with data. If I use the AVERGAE function it uses the total number of cells (277) but some of these are blank which skews the value. Thank in advance. So glad I found this site. :) -- jimbob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29107 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Pulling up menu in another window
Help! This is a repost with some updated information... I have an application with multiple CFrameWnd derived windows: one for the main window (CMainFrame), another for an editor that can pop up that has its own menu, toolbar, and splitter. Everything works fine (has for years) except that the editor's menu cannot be accessed from the keyboard. Specifically, pressing Alt+F pulls up the menu item from the main CFrameWnd window--even when the editor window has the focus. - I've tried calling BeginModalState() from the editor. This only seems to set the modal state for the main win...

Excel Cells Question (IS This Possible)
OK, If you have trouble understanding this, e-mail me. OK I have a list of 2000 names on an excel sheet. My list is 2000 Name, Colleges and High Schools of 2000 NFL Players. The information is all contained on one line within one cell. Example Cell A1 Smith, John Miami St. John This contains the last name, first name, college and high school of this person within the one cell. What I am trying to do it make it so each word appears in it's own cell. I wanted to do this without having to delete it and put each word in it's own cell. Is there a way I can reprogram it so it looks like ...

Trying to create formula to give range of stan.deviations of mean
I am trying to create a formula in Excel that will give a mean, two standard deviations and the range on both sides of that mean. Hi Roger, If you really want a single formula to return those four values (one mean value, one value that represents two sd's, and two range values), you'll need to write a user-defined function using VBA, and that function will have to return an array of those values and be array-entered on the worksheet. If you intend to do that frequently, a user-defined function is worth considering. But if you will do this just occasionally, and if you're willi...

vlookup or index/match formula??
I am trying to us a vlookup formula which is a little more dynamic than just a vlookup...I am looking to return sales figures for a given product accross several months. a b c d 1 Jan Feb Mar 2 prod A 10 20 30 3 prod B 5 15 6 4 Prod C 5 1 13 The current formula is: VLOOKUP($A7,$A$2:$D$4,2,FALSE) Is there a way to change the index column to account for the change in month, without having to just change the column from 2 to 3 to 4 as I move accross mo...

Problems with retrieving info from my bank
I am hoping somebody might have some suggestions. I just replaced my previous computer and needed to reload MS Money onto my new one. Below is my predicament. Money Plus Premium Version 17.0.125.1415 Windows Vista Home Premium 64 I am trying to download statements from my Financial Institution (City County Credit Union). When asked if I want to download the file, I clicked on the download OFX as I have done for many years. I click "open" and it starts a program called Microsoft Office Accounting 2008. This is a brand new Computer and Office Ultimate 2007 has been inst...

Payroll Report Info in 7.5
Our current 'Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings' report prints Available Sick Time on the report: 1. Which table and field is used for this data? 2. What is the best way to set all available sick time to zero for all employees and never accrue? Thanks UPR00100 is the table. You'll see fields for vacation and sick time available. The answer to resetting the balances depend upon if you are using HR Attendance to accrue or Payroll. If you're using Payroll, you can use a tool like SQL Server Query Analyzer to update the Sick Time Available field. If you're using At...

I need a formula
I have a formula in A2 that generates a number from other cells. I need a formula in B2 that answers this requirement; If A2 is greater than zero return 28, if A2=zero return zero. Thank you in advance for this help. -- bob =IF(A2=0,0,28) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "vdmbqb" wrote: > I have a formula in A2 that generates a number from other cells. I need a > formula in B2 that answers this requirement; > > If A2 is greater than zero return 28, if A2=zero return zero. > > Thank you in advance for this help. &...

Blank Cells #3
if there are blank cells in a range which i would specify i want to put in the text "-". what kind of code would i use? thanks Select the range, press F5, click special and select blanks, press enter. type - and press ctrl + enter instead of enter Note that if you have numbers in the other cells it is not a good design using text as well Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daphoenix" <daphoenix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE7427B-C73F-4F6D-970B-8D438C42661A@microsoft.com... > if there are blank cells in a range which i would specify i want to p...

Adding total dollars based on specific data from another column
I have a cell I'm trying to calculate the total dollars based on specific criteria from a column of data. Example, column A has 25 cells with data like A, B, C, D, E, F, and a second column with dollar amounts associated with each of these outcomes, i.e. A=$5, B=$2, C=$9 etc. I want to create a formula in a different cell that tells me "if cell = A for $5 then what is the total dollar amount. A "if then" scenario....Any help???? -- Espo Hi! Maybe this: =SUMIF(A1:A25,"A",B1:B25) Biff "Espo" <Espo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

how can I duplicate or copy a workbook then divide selected cells.
I must design a workbook which can be duplicated or copied to another workbook, as it is copied it must be divided to a rate which can be stored in a worksheet of the primary workbook... Is like when you want to calculate from Dolars to Euros. Hi use a formula such as ='[otherbook.xls]sheet1'!A1/$A$1 where A1 stores your rate -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "macros excel... duplication and calculat" <macros excel... duplication and calculat@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:149D60DB-D759-40B0-BAE6-8A72909395E1@microsoft.com... > ...

Merging Cells when one cell is a date
I am trying to merge two cells using the formula: =A2&", "&B2. B2 is a date and when it merges it switches the date to a series of numbers. I have tried changing the cell formating but I don't seem to be able to get it to merge the date without loosing it's formating. Any help would be appreciated. =A2&", "&TEXT(B2,"mm/dd/yy") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to merge two cells using the formula: =A2&", "&B2. B2 is a date >and when it merges it switches the date to a ser...

formatting cells
Hi I'm trying to enter numbers in cells in the form 123-456. Is there a way to stop me accidently entering numbers such as 123-4567? I also want the zeros to show, for example 001-001, not 1-001. Can anyone help? Hi David Mark the range of cells required then Format=>Custom=> and in the white pane enter 000-000 Then with the range of cells marked, choose Data=>Validation=>and from the first drop down choose Custom In the formula pane enter =LEN(cellref)=6 where cellref is the address of the first cell in your range. -- Regards Roger Govier "david" <anonymou...

Deleting blank cells in a column
Hi, I have a column that has about 1000 empty cells, every cell that i blank I would like to delete. How can I do this without going to eac individual row? Thanks! K -- KatyLad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KatyLady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2384 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37498 KatyLady, Use the autofilter function (Data, filter, autofilter) after puttin youa active cell somewhere in you list. You should see some 'little arrows' appear int eh c...

Table cells.
Hello to all my good friends out there. I have created a table with a size of 3.6cm high by 20cm wide. The table itself is 4 cells by 4 cells. If I decide to play about with the size of the individual cells making them higher, wider or shorter etc but then decide that I want them equally distributed in width and/or height again, is there easy way to do this. I cannot seem to do this without having to recreate a new table. The overall table size obviously must stay the same. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. thanking you in anticipation. <-><-><->&...

Portfolio Info Bar
The narrow info bar at the bottom of the portfolio screen has 3 places for such info as currect DJ Industrials index, S&P index, etc. Information on any of the indexes reported here is not correct and does not update itself to current - correct - information. All of the index info is stuck on a level of more than 1/2 year ago - maybe longer. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I am using Money 2004 small business. ...

enter value in a cell from a combo box
How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell). 3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties. 4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5. 5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that will contain the user's selection (ie E2). 6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the toolbar. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...

How to insert the tab name in a cell
Could anyone please tell how I add the tab name to a specifik cell in the excel shet. Try the below formula in a saved workbook. =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Kate Bj" wrote: > Could anyone please tell how I add the tab name to a specifik cell in the > excel shet. Hi, You may download and install this addin and then use the sheetname function http://www.download.com/Morefunc/3000-2077_4-10423159.html -- Regards, Ashish Mat...