If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?

0
kamabiv (1)

No.

PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject.

Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
"kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
gordonbp11 (453)

Replacing Apostrophize at Beginning of Cell
I have a spreadsheet where columns D through N have SOME data with apostrophies before the data (e.g., '777, 'DCH8, 'GlobalExpress). Some data does, and some data doesn't have the apostrophe and they are all mixed together. This becomes a pain when trying to compare cells (e.g., I want to compare replace DCH8 with 'DCH8). When I go to find replace, if I put find ' and replace with nothing, it does not find anything. How can I get rid of all of the ' in front of the data? Thanks! I would highlight the apostrophe and the copy it the go to the find...

Suggestions welcome for file transfer problem
Hi -- I have a Windows XP Pro PC (SP3) in an office in Central America that needs to send about 400 MB of files a day (night) to a SBS 2003 SP2 (or Server 2003 R2 SP2) server in Miami. The Miami office has a simple T1 for data communications; I'm not sure exactly what is connecting the Central American office, but I know we have stability issues with it. The user down there has been trying to push this data to a Server 2003 box in Miami acting as an FTP server, but the transfer almost never succeeds. I can open a PPTP tunnel from that PC to the Miami network. But what wo...

Importing Files
Is There A Way I Can Import A File List From A Folder Right Into Excel 2003. Thanks Rod Gillaspy Rod, If this is a one-time thing, you can make a file list at a command prompt, then use Mark (right click), select the file names, Copy (Ctrl-C), then Alt-Tab to Excel and simply paste it into the sheet. Post back for details. Or it can be done via a macro program. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "R Gillaspy" <rgillasp@etex.net> wrote in message news:124bb01c442c5$44baf470$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is T...

Q: save a sheet to a file
I use ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs destFile in a macro to save current workbook to a n excel file, how can I save only a specific sheet in current workbook to a file? Manually, you could copy that sheet to a new workbook and save that new workbook. Dim Wks as worksheet dim destFile as string destfile = "c:\temp\myfile.xls" set wks = activeworkbook.worksheets("Sheet99") wks.copy 'creates a new workbook activeworkbook.saveas destfile activeworkbook.close savechanges:=false JIM.H. wrote: > > I use ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs destFile in a macro to save current workbook ...

Can I use Outlook with a "GroupWise" e-mail system at work?
Can I use Outlook with a "GroupWise" e-mail system at work? I would like to be able to download my e-mail to Outlook to review it later. Unless we know more information about what this "GroupWise" is, we couldn't tell you. If there is a site that explains what it is or where you login/access the service from, check the help/support area. -- Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others. Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged! "flipper" <flipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0103B27-5634-...

How do I convert a Publisher 8 file into an Excel spreadsheet?
My supervisor asked me to convert the name, address, etc. data in a Publisher 8 file into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet so I can print addresses on envelopes in a Word 2003 mail merge. He made it sound like I should know how to do it. I don't! Do you know how to do it? You will have my eternal gratitude. Thank you in advance for your help. I don't know publisher so I can't be of specific help. Just a thought. Can you copy/paste the data? -- Ian -- "neilepat" <neilepat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81406F88-3334-45F1-A254-907E621DF072@microso...

Microsoft kills 4,000 old-style newsgroups
On Fudzilla @ http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18711/38/ Microsoft kills 4,000 old-style newsgroups Print E-mail Written by Nick Farrell Wednesday, 05 May 2010 09:25 Go to new sites you dinosaurs Microsoft is going to kill support for more than 4,000 old-style newsgroups starting next month. It said that it wants users to go to discussion forums such as those found on the Microsoft Answers, TechNet, and MSDN sites. Microsoft said that so-called NNTP newsgroups are past their time in terms of being usable and secure. In a statement Redmond said that the n...

Auto Fill & Replace
I was wondering if there was any way that I could fill out one sheet and have that sheet be they key sheet, and then other documents would put in certain things for how I filled them out. Kenny, could you try explaining that again? Maybe it's me. :) I don't understand what you're looking for. Maybe others can't either. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kenny" <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:825DAA91-9117-4182-A0AB-BF7872DB4CF4@microsoft.com... > I was wondering if there was any way that I could fill out one s...

Saving presentation for CD
I have a presentation with pictures and music to run automatically. It operates just fine in the original file. When I attenpt to package fro burning unto a CD it doesn't save the same as it is in the original. Any ideas? "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B12959A-FCFB-4A4E-BAC9-0BA9F168FB3C@microsoft.com... >I have a presentation with pictures and music to run automatically. It > operates just fine in the original file. When I attenpt to package fro > burning unto a CD it doesn't save the same as it is in the original...

Document Not Saved
what are reason why i can't save a workbook in excel97/2000(e.g. OQAWW26.xls), error message received: Document Not Saved. any workaround to fix this problem; is there any fixes available in Microsoft. any help would be appreciated. Hi Carl i experienced this problem recently when saving an existing workbook to a network drive on a unreliable network ... the only solution that we managed to get working was to edit / move or copy sheet (one at a time, ticking create a copy) to a new workbook & then move all code modules & then we could save the new version. when we check...

Recovering accidently deleted word .doc
Hi, I've made a bad mistake today by accidently deleting a folder that contained a .doc file I was working on for some days. Recycle Bin's empty and on top of it I missed making a backup ... I've already tried to recover it with several tools, but I would only find some images that where stored in the same folder. The doc's gone. I have tried Restoration Version 2.5.14 and the PCI Filerecovery trial. Is there a chance, that contents of the file are still there, but under a different name? (I have also tried searching for .asd and .tmp files without success.) Or does anybody ...

Failed to download XSL template files from Web
Helo, my name is Marcos Weber, and i modified some forms of CRM version 1.2 (portuguese BR version) and when trying to publish these forms using the appropriate tool occurs the following error after selecting forms and the Server to publish. ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server Which the problem? Debtor for the aid. Maybe the DNS. I have this problem. My internal DNS was pointing to wrong IP. Hope this helps. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Marcos Weber" <Marcos Weber@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:B23830C...

How to save "versions" of a Word document?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel In Word 2004 I could save "versions" of a single document, but that feature is missing from Word 2008. (In fact, when I go to save those older documents in the new format, it erases all the older versions of the document.) How can I save versions of my documents in Word 2008? Do I need to create separate document files for each one? Yes - save the individual versions as separate files. MS dropped the Versions "feature" on both the Mac & the PC because of it's unfailing tendency to corrupt fil...

Downloading an e-mailed outlook file.
Someone has sent me an e-mail with an attachment. The attachment is an address file from their Outlook database. How do I download it into my Outlook Data Base? What is the file extension?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kitehill Bob" <Kitehill Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:ECCEEA97-3581-4A9D-842B-F036B88B6CCB@microsoft.com... > Someone has sent me an e-mail with an attachment. The att...

how do i use excel to replace blank cells with the number 9
how do i use excel to replace blank cells with the number 9 A simple way is to select the area desired>edit>replace>leave blank>replace with 9>enter... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "t" <t@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED3395E6-5332-4F1B-BA29-4C44491AB14D@microsoft.com... > how do i use excel to replace blank cells with the number 9 ...

File Save As
When I do a file save as, my folders are no longer sorted/alphabetical. When I go to view them in Windows Explorer or through My Computer, they are sorted. Trying to located unsorted folders is very time consuming. Any answers on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. hi, the default sort in the save as is set to something other than alphabetical. in the file save as dialog box, in the upper right corner click the down arrow of the icon that looks like a small spreadsheet.(on mine it is second from right) at the bottom of the drop down click "arrange icons". You...

Huge Car Accident
If you have every been in a car accident and you live in Chicago, You may be entitled to a Huge class action settlement from the City! visit http://chicago.muchanime.com/ for details and follow the link on the left ...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

Saving Attachments #8
While using Outlook 2000, I opened up a MS Word attachment and made numeous changes to it while at the same time continously saving the document with the save disk icon on the toolbar. At the end of making my changes and exiting Outlook I was asked if I wanted to save changes. Thinking this is what I had been doing all along, I selected no. When I went back into the attached document, my changes were not visible. Did I lose all the changes I had made or is the document lurking in an altenate hidden location? Thanks. Blase "Blase" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Transfer files
Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? Yes. -- Ronin "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > Yes and No! "dan" <nospam@nsm.com> wrote in message news:O4wRREHwKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can files from a win98se/fat32 sys. be transfered to > an xp/ntsf system and still be viable ? > > "dan&quo...

Moved CRM to Hosting provider
Hello - We just moved our CRM installation out to a data center. We are able to get to CRM via a public IP and can even export the dynamic excel worksheet. When I try to open it I get errors connecting. If I am connected to the data center via VPN the workbook opens correctly. What ports or other configuration do I need to have enabled so that VPN is not necessary to access these dynamic worksheets? Thanks- -- Brian Orrell Pariveda Solutions Brian, As these are dynamic spreadsheets, that means that they don't store the data, they connect to the server to get the refreshed data...

how can i copy and paste the value at the bottom of a column
how can i copy and paste the value at the bottom of a column even when the coloum gets longer The Question as well as your name is ambiguous don't know if you are ready to copy or to paste. Sometimes giving the purpose will get you a completely different and more useful reply. (who, when, why, where, how, how much) This macro will get you to the last cell in a column (toolbars.htm) Sub GotoBottomOfCurrentColumn() 'Tom Ogilvy 2000-06-26 Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select End Sub I guess this is the closest I can provide to your question, it copies the l...

Does Excel file retain link to template?
In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand alone once it's saved? Thanks in advance! Stands alone once saved. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:38:01 -0800, Sherlock <Sherlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word a document based on a template retains a connection to that template. >Is that also true in Excel? Or does an Excel file based on a template stand >alone once it's saved? > >Thanks in advance! ...

Excel 2007 Save As menu customizeable ?
I often want to save a worksheet as a .csv file which makes it easily transferrable to our mainframe. Can I customize the "Save As" menu in Excel 2007 to include CSV as a choice, instead of always having to navigate through the "Other Formats"? TIA, -- Nancy Hi Nancy Yes that is possible You must use a add-in with xml to do this I will post a example for you after dinner -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "notawahoo" <notawahoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C912C785-4097-4931-A52...

Need credit? Like saving money? Come here then.
http://a1credit.1hwy.com/ Whether you want to save money on high interest balances, or re-establish your credit, all your needs are here. m8r ...