Identifying Dublicate names and addresses in Exel data base and r.

How does one Identify dublicate Names in an Exel Data base and remove them
0
Willgh (1)

see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicate
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateR
ows

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Sheet name from cell
Hi, Is it possible to assign the sheet a name which is entered in a cell. I know how to do this with VBA but would like to know if this is possibile with the help of formula. Row: A1 has name (Bill). I want that second sheet in the workbook should have the name entered in row A1. thanks, navin It can't be done without VBA. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "navin" <navin.narayana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170285069.554922.159530@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com....

Cannot get external data using PivotTable and Pivotchart Wizard
When I click on the Get Data button from the wizard, it will just freeze without doing anything. I've tried autorepair, it doesn't work either. Any Idea? Thanks! Philip ...

Criteria Lookup based on Dates
I know I know, this was already posted in a nother group, but no one over there could help me, so I'm hoping someone over here will be able to help me that didn't see it on the group. The "Current Plan" is the formula I'm trying to create: Dates are all US (mm/dd/yyyy). Starting Point: 1 A B C D 2 NAME PLAN Effective Date Current Plan 3 ------------------------------------------------------------------ 4 ID1 1 1/1/2005 5 ID1 3 2/1/2005 6 ID2 2 5/1/2004 7 ID3 2 2/1/2005 8 ID3 4 9/1/2005 9 ...

IDD identifier range
Is there a predefined range of dialog resource identifiers or can one use any value from 0 to 65535? If a more specific range exists, is it a MFC implied restriction? Thanks! -- Alex >Is there a predefined range of dialog resource identifiers or can one >use any value from 0 to 65535? > >If a more specific range exists, is it a MFC implied restriction? It's an MFC restriction, see "TN020: ID Naming and Numbering Conventions" in your MSDN documentation. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >It's an MFC restriction, see "TN020: ID Naming ...

Creating Hidden Range Names
I have a spreadsheet with some workbook wide range names that do not appear in the Insert|Name|Define dialogue box I assume this is because these are 'hidden' range names, which I have not come across before Can anyone advise - how I can get a list of hidden range names in a workbook - how are hidden range names created Many thank KGB KGB, The following routine will show(1st) or delete(2nd) all the hidden names in your (active) file : I don't know what more will create hidden names, but I do know that pivottables is one of the causes of hidden names. Sub ListHiddenNames()...

My name between []
Hi, I'm using OE2003 integrated with Word. When I edit a message and press <Enter>, Word inserts my name in the text, like this: [Santistas]. How can I avoid it? SantistaS "SantistaS" <santistas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uU2P2BMnFHA.2920@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm using OE2003 integrated with Word. > When I edit a message and press <Enter>, Word inserts my name in the > text, like this: > [Santistas]. > > How can I avoid it? > > SantistaS In Outlook, Tools-Options-General-Email Options and uncheck the ...

in a single worksheet,hw to match values based on 2 list
i got an excel sheet with 3 columns the first column B9 is header "Risk Source classification" the second column c9 has header "Risk effect" the third column should be d9 with header "Risk description" now from b10-d10 till b40-d40 we enter values as the user chooses like B10 will have list values for "Risk source classification" predefined list with about 80 values to choose from in the dropdown C10 will have list values for "Risk effect" and has 3 values "high","medium","low" i.e when "Risk Source ...

Internet addresses
Hello, When I receive a message from someone outside my global address list(Internet address), is there an option to save the address to my contacts? -- Newbee Right click on the sender's name and scroll to Add to Contacts. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Newbee" wrote: > Hello, > > When I receive a message from someone outside my global address > list(Internet address), is there an option to save the address to my contacts? > -- > Newbee ...

Using ADO to get Excel data
I am looking for the best way to find out what the range is for data held in a spreadsheet. The data area will vary from one file to the next. I am using ADO. Any examples would be nice as ADO and activex is new to me. Thanks, Jeff ...

How do I save data in shared spreadsheet?
I have a shared excel spreadsheet (users of both Office03 and Office07) and two users are in the spreadsheet at the same time. Unfortunatley, we are losing data because it is only saving the 'first' save and not the second. In otherwords, if I save it and then user2 saves it, the rows that are overlapping were saved first by first user are the ones that will be saved....not good. Is there a work around other than copy and paste??? I hope I have epxlained myself right.... Thanks Read this: http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002998_Losing_Data_in_a_Shared_Workbook.html Maybe...

Tab Names II
Thanks to Bob Phillips and Jim May for their answers to my last Post I now need to go a step further - Once the names of the tabs have been changed, I need a code that can reset the tab names back to how they were. The problem I have is that when I run the macro to change the names back, the macro now doesn't recognise the new names and comes up with an error message. I guess it just needs a code that can jump to the next tab regardless of what it's called - changes it - then jumps to the next tab and so on. The workbook has 40 sheets/Tabs, but I only need the second half ...

"..." in file name path
I remember there was one API function that would make long paths short by inserting "..." in path: c:\program files\...\my.xml but I can't remember func name? Try PathCompactPath(Ex) shell functions. "Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:%23qRW2%23$6EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > I remember there was one API function that would make long paths short > by inserting "..." in path: > > c:\program files\...\my.xml > > but I can't remember func name? > Try to avoid ever doing thi...

Why does not Server Address work on some PCs?
Has anyone figure this out? I have 2 stores and my HQ is on my laptop which I connect from different IP addresses. I connect to each store via VPN and HQ Client from one store recognizes the Server Name so it connects automatically. But the other store's HQ Client does not recoginize Server Name so I have to have a store person enter an IP address everytime it changes. Both connections are DSL and the same network setup using Netgear VPN (318). VPN sometimes do not broadcast NetBIOS names correctly. Set static IP's for your POS machines and HQ server, then instead of u...

Big problem! DNS name Space.
I have a need to share one DNS name space between four AD Exchange forest ( I know what your thinking, why would you do this! All I can say it’s government). All the forests are running Windows 2000 with Exchange 2003. My problem is I can’t seem to find a way to allow this to happen. I know it’s easy to accomplish this if it was just two forests, but how do you share the same E-mail address across four AD forest? Basically I need mail to come in into the first Exch Org and if the recipient is not found on that Exch Org to continue down the line to the next Org, in till the user is foun...

PO table names after conversion
I started working here after a Great Plains conversion last fall. They have an Access application which directly links to the tables PO20201, PO20202, PO20301 and PO20302 in the IWS01 database. Where can I get information about what the new file names are and what fields they contain so that I can update the Access link and queries so that it provides the same functionality as before the conversion? I would start by looking at the SDK. This usually contains very helpful information on table additions, deletions and changes between versions. You may also find some information in the...

What formula will take a name in one cell (last name,first name) .
I have a name in a cell, last name first then a comma then first name, and I want to seperate them into two cells. I know there is a formula to do that, but I don't know what it is, can anyone help me? Use the menu option Data:Test To Columns to parse the one field into two fields Good Luck Stewart "jobby" wrote: > I have a name in a cell, last name first then a comma then first name, and I > want to seperate them into two cells. I know there is a formula to do that, > but I don't know what it is, can anyone help me? You could use Data > Text to colum...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

combining data #2
I am trying to combine columns in my spreadsheet, eg, column 1 is fd column 2 is fz column 3 is mt column 4 is it column 5 is et column 6 is vg How do I make this look like: fdfzmtitetv -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =A1&B1&C1&D1&E1&F1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to combine columns in my spreadsheet, eg, > column 1 is fd > column 2 is fz > column 3 is mt > column 4 is it > column 5 is et > column 6 is vg > > How do I make this look like: fdfzmtitet...

Edit multiple data items at once
Is there a way to update multiple items at once? For example, in the "state" field some users have entered the state abbreviation, where as others have typed out the whole word. We want all states to be entered as an abbreviation. Is there a way to do this w/out changing each field individually? If you are using V3 then do an advanced find to locate the records that you want to update then highlight them all and choose More Actions | Edit from the toolbar. This will enable you to update the same details on all the selected records. This functionality is not available in V1.2...

Identifying the Active Fill Color
I have a routine that adds a shape to a selected cell and I would like to have the color of that shape be the last selected "fill" color (or the default fill color if no change made since Excel was started). How can I determine the active fill color from the "Fill Color" toolbar using VBA? Seems like there should be a way to get that color value. Thanks... Steve No one having answered this so far I thought I'd have a go.. I couldn't find anything in the object model to look at for this, but that's because I don't have an extensive excel object model to loo...

Sample Data
Dear All, I have instaled CRM using MSDN Subscriber key. Now I want to install sample database but when I try to install from SampleData folder, i get error message saying the 'This wizard is intended to import "Adventure-works Cycle" sample data only. It cannot be run with the MS CRM deployment currently selected...'. how do we install sample data on MSDN Subscriber? Thanks and regards, Kiran You can't. It will only install into the Adventure Works key. You will need to uninstall and then install using that key (it's in the IG). Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CR...

How do I import names properly capitalized
I'm downloading names in a .cvs file, and many don't have the first letter capitalized, or the whole name is capitalized. This file then gets imported into an autoresponder and shoots out emails, but the names go out as downloaded. How can I get them properly capitalized before importing into autoresponder. There are so many I can't manually correct. Alan Botteon Coastal WealthBuilders Level 3 Director albotteon@wademontravel.com www.wademontravel.com 800-891-8329 Try this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm You want the third option, "vbProperCase" Or you ca...

Creating fields with the same name in a Contact form
I have split the contact name in the form to Title, First Name and Last Name. I am trying to do the same for Spouse and therefore there are three duplicated field names. Is there any way of making these fields unique so that by filling in one of them e.g. First Name for the contact, it doesn't automatically populate the First Name for the Spouse (partner)? Sure. Give the custom fields different names. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://w...

How can I change a chart's name?
I have a lot of charts in a woorkbook and need to refer to them in my VBA. I cannot know the names (numbers) of all the charts. mHow can I change a chart's name so it is easy to find them ? Berthica, These macros should help: Sub GetChartName() MsgBox "The chart name is: " & ActiveChart.Parent.Name End Sub Sub RenameChart() ActiveChart.Parent.Name = Chart1 End Sub ---------------------------- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Berthica" wrote: > I have a lot of charts in a woorkbook and need to refer to them in my VBA. I > cann...

how do i import data from palm pilot to outlook
how do i import date from my palm pilot into my contacts in outlook? I use a neat program called "Beyond Contacts" - It synchronises all Outlook Data - Diary, Contacts, Email, Notes.. http://www.dataviz.com/products/beyondcontacts/ "mort fertel" <mortfertel@comcast.net> wrote in message news:258401c3fc83$eaecf920$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how do i import date from my palm pilot into my contacts > in outlook? ...