I would like the tabs in Excel to be listed vertically on left.

0
Suzy (29)

There's no option setting that will move the sheet tabs to the left. You
can send suggestions to:

         mswish@microsoft.com

Put "Excel" in the subject line, so your suggestion will be forwarded to
the Excel product managers.

Suzy wrote:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

-1
dsd1 (5911)

Excel 97 Hyperlink click hides sheet?
Haven't seen this happen before, but am using a sheet (put together with a copy paste from a web page) with multiple hyperlinks on it. When I click on a link, IE starts up dutifully and the proper page is displayed. When I select Excel again, the worksheet is hidden and I have to click around to display it again. Can't find anything in the help file that describes a way to turn this behavior on or off. I'd like the worksheet to still be visible when I come back. Any ideas? thanks in advance. Tom Try this: make an insignificant change to the worksheet. Undo it. (Now exce...

I would like to
I would like to have the Sales rep printed on the receipt, how do I accomplish this? Craig, Download the Receipt - 40 column with Sales Rep from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu You must have access to CustomerSource. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** &qu...

Opening excel file in new window
When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it opens in the same window. How do I make it open in a new window? You can't. Excel has two windows only; Excel and the VB editor. You may be able to open another instance of Excel though, with some Windows trick or by code. But that is spending a lot of power just for an extra window. HTH. best wishes Harald "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:B53F2A94-CE10-41F7-A3B0-D472317D527C@microsoft.com... > When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it ...

Problem DoCmd.GoToRecord with tabbed pages
I have a number of similar forms on each of which I've added a SpellCheck control. These check all records and then return to 'current' record. The current record number is stored using an unbound control txtRecordCheck The code works fine on non-tabbed forms: -------------------------------------------- Private Sub btnSpellCheck_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnSpellCheck_Click 'Store current record number txtRecordCheck = Me.Recordcounter 'Run Spellcheck DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst SendKeys "{F7}", 1 'Stop screen updating until view...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

CreateObject for Excel + Break Button
I have an MSAccess 2000 program which opens excel for sending data. Many times while trying to open Excel, it stops and excel does not open. By pressing BREAK from keyboard, excel opens and continues without any problem. Why this is happening ? For opening excel I am using the following code: 'get EXCEL if open Set exl_APP = GetObject(, "Excel.application") var_obj_name = exl_APP.Name 'EXCEL is not open If Err Then var_EXCEL_ID = Shell("Excel", vbMaximizedFocus) 'open excel DoEvents SendKeys "%{TAB}" SendKeys &quo...

I can't define the tab-sequence of the controls in my dialog
Hi all, I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them. Has anybody else had this effect? Wish I could get a useful advice! TIA ThoK >I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does >not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact >the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them. There's a facility in the dialog editor that lets you edit the tab order. I can...

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

Help for excel formula
How can I create an excel forumala that will just show the last number 4450.007? 1-Jul 1-Aug 1 month % increase 1569 1700 8.35% 1 1841.938 2 1995.726 3 2162.354 4 2342.895 5 2538.51 6 2750.457 7 2980.1 8 3228.916 9 3498.507 10 3790.606 11 4107.094 12 4450.007 Assuming there's nothing below A12 (and no blanks): =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) In article <hr6Me.10385$o_.6127@news.cpqcorp.net>, "Tim" <tim@nospam.com> wrote: > How can I create an excel forumala that will just show...

excel name formula?
Please don't laugh. I'm trying to come up with a name. It can be either male or female, but it must consist of only 5 letters and one of those letters (and only one) must be a "y". I've searched online for baby name finders, but they only allow you to choose the 1st (and in a few cases the last) letter of the name, not the letters in between. I've been giving this some thought for quite awhile now, and I figure that there must be a way to accomplish this using Excel. Even if the names are complete nonsense, I can sort through and delete those leaving only the han...

Sparklines for Excel
Hi NG, Sparklines are tiny charts, a new invention of the info design guru Edward Tufte. You might be interested to check out our sparkline implementation for Excel: http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Products_SparkLiner_Overview.html MicroCharts enhances your Excel chart library with sparklines, bullet graphs and other in-cell charts: http://www.bonavistasystems.com/ChartGallery%20Column%20Charts.html Charts are created from MicroCharts fonts that consist of bars, line segments and pies. A chart is represented as text that is formatted with the MicroCharts fonts. Dynamic chart formulas u...

Outlook 2007
Hello! Two months ago my Outlook started presenting an abnormal behaviour when previewing Excel files. When I preview an attachment that is an Excel file, it launches a separate Excel window, then places the spreadsheet back into the email preview area, but still leaves up a blank Excel window. This is not hapenning with other documents such as .doc; .pps; .ppt; .pdf, etc... Yesterday I formatted my notebook, everything installed from scratch, but problem persists. Could not find anything on the net to explain why this is happening only with Excel... Would really appreciate if someone ...

macro problem. Upgraded to Excel 2002, now getting error message
Hello, this is my first time posting so please go easy on me. I am running a macro that pulls data from several files an interpolates information; the process takes about 20-25 mins. upgraded to excel 2002 and now the when I run a large input file i runs about 2/3 of the way then gives me the standard error messag saying the program needs to shut down. If i cut the file up in smalle parts the program will run through, but it's a pain stitching th output back together. I have never had this problem before when I wa running Excel 2000. Is there a setting I have to change? -Thanks :conf...

My Headers are Spam Like
I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. I think it's a dns problem because SERVERA.COMPANYB doesn't resolve to anything. Is there any way I can get a .COM into that header? dlw wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages > say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is > SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. > I think it's a...

disable CUT in Excel
hi, i need to disable CUT from a workbook in the top menu, commandbar and also disable the CTRL + H. i need to disable only CUT; COPY has to stay. thanx and also the one that comes up with the mouse's right click pls... "massi" wrote: > hi, i need to disable CUT from a workbook in the top menu, commandbar and > also disable the CTRL + H. > i need to disable only CUT; COPY has to stay. > > thanx i need also to disable the one accessable by doing right click on the mouse pls "massi" wrote: > hi, i need to disable CUT from a wo...

formatting worksheet tabs
i would like to format my worksheet tabs with different colors & fonts. is there a way to do this in excel 2k? i thought this option was available in the older versions? thanks for any help terri tilghma Terri Only in 2002 and 2003. Earlier versions do not allow, no how. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:16:05 -0800, "terri tilghman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i would like to format my worksheet tabs with different colors & fonts. is there a way to do this in excel 2k? i thought this option was available in the older versions?? &...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators.
Ho do you mean 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Row/Column headings' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Clarence" <carowe@cnyconnect.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2ee7401c46c21$a45aef40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Embedding Excel
We are currently using Office 2007 and Windows XP. On my system, everything works just fine. It is my Admin Assistant who we just upgraded to a new computer and is now also using Office 2007 and Windows XP. In creating our invoices, we use an embedded Excel sheet to calculate amounts and taxes. When I edit the embedded excel sheet and then print or save, all is well. When she edits the embedded excel sheet and then prints or saves it seems to turn the embedded excel sheet into an object and printing a black box. Where in our settings do we differ that I am fine and she ...

Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express?
Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express, where they appear underneath the message body? Alternatively, can I "preview" them, rather than having to start up my image editing program just to see them? Thanks. No you can't view them inline. Have you tried changing the default program for opening images to your preview program so that it starts up automatically when you double click on an image attachment? "tasbill" <bill_griffin1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02c501c393c4$d8bc5480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can I view ima...

Excel and Win98
What is the latest excel version for Win98se ? Is it still available? Thanks. Don't know about Excel 2003, but Office(Excel) 2002 runs under Windows 98 and 98SE. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:32:04 -0800, "kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote: >What is the latest excel version for Win98se ? Is it still available? >Thanks. > > Excel 2003 requires Windows XP. Excel XP and all earlier will run fine on Win98. I think that only the newest version of everything is available from authorized MS dealers, so perhaps you must buy some secondhand product...

Opening an ACCESS db from the VBE in EXCEL
What is the VBA code for opening an existing ACCESS database from the VBE ? I can't find any specific reference to this when I google it. Thanks in advance for any assistance. http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac Hth, Merjet I ended up using this code -- can't find the exact thread (or recall who offered it), but it works GREAT! ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:="\\Fileserver\Products.mdb", _ NewWindow:=True Shane ================================== "merjet" <merjet@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1176829182.80337...