I want to display a graph vertically

Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like
the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is,
the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on
the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right
(horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other
factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom,
like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to
rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate
it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, connected to real
values.

Any ideas?

Bets regards
Harald

-1

Harald -

If it's a horizontal bar-type chart, that's easy.  Just choose that type
when creating the chart.  You'll have to stretch it to make it taller.

You can't make a Line chart go vertically like that, but you can use the
  values for the X range and the dates for the Y range, and create an XY
Scatter chart.  You can't format the Y axis scale the same way you could
a time-scale X axis, but you can get pretty close.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

Pontus wrote:

> Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like
> the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is,
> the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on
> the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right
> (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other
> factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom,
> like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to
> rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate
> it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, connected to real
> values.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Bets regards
> Harald

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements

-1

displaying the month
This is what I have in a cell: =month(now()) That gives me the numerical value of the month. Is there a way to hav the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerica value? Thank you in advance for any help you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try =TEXT(NOW(),"MMM") >-----Original Message----- >This is what I have in a cell: > >=month(now()) > >That gives me the numerical value of the month. Is there a way to have >the cell display the month as the actual month and not the numerical >value? > >...

Area under graph
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the area under a graph for a scatter graph or line graph Hi have a look at http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/AreaUnderCurve ..htm >-----Original Message----- >I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the area under a graph for a scatter graph or line graph >. > ...

Average Line in Bar Graph?
Is there a way to create a line in the bar graph that shows the average of all the results? Hi Michael, Take a look at either of these examples, (http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine) (http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm) Michael wrote: > Is there a way to create a line in the bar graph that shows the average of all the results? -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

want questions

I want more!

Scatter graph, how do I show overlapping points?
I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, KieranMoran <KieranMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a scatter graph with a number of points that over lap. How do I show >them so that the reader can tell there are multiple points. a) "Jittering", which is the name for putting a small random variation in the data to break up the exact values. Obviously you want it to be as small as possible while still exposing t...

graph, data lables value, dont show zero values
Re: graph, data lables value, dont show zero values I suppose there's a question somewhere. It sounds like you need to apply a custom number format. Whatever the format is now (for example, General or 0.00), use it as the first piece of the number format, then leave the other out. So the format will look something like General;;; 0.00;;; More on number formats: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Madeleine" <...

Text want wrap in text box

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Display Issues
Having an issue with Access 2007 not displaying a row. We created a database for our companies timesheets. Columns added up hour spent on various projects each day, with a row of Total Hours at the bottom. Everything displays correctly, except the Total Hours. If Access is minimized, then maximized or if another program is displayed over the top then minimized the Total Hours row displays. This is only happening on our Windows 7 64bit computers. Vista 64bit and 32bit, and XP computers run the program with no issues. Any thoughts on what may be causing this issue? Did you...

error bars don't display consistently in excel
Hi, I am plotting lots of similar graphs in Excel. To make a new graph, I just copy and paste the previous one and then change the source data to the new data series that I want to plot. But when I change the source data for the error bars (I am using custom data to say what size the error bars should be), their display sometimes changes, so that the error bars are just vertical lines without a horizontal cap on the end. Why do they change sometimes but not always, and how do I set the default error bar format? I know how to change them back to the display I want, it's just annoying...

Displaying email from mail server
I use Outlook 2002 in windows xp pro. I am not able to display my email from my email server. I get the error message "Task "pop-server.woh.rr.com" sending and receiving reported error (0x80040600): unkonwn error 0x0040600." I have checked my set up to access the mail server and everything appears to be okay. I can get my email from the website so it is on the server. Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are having a problem on their end? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert ...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Outlook 2003 & Vista HTML display issue
In Outlook 2003 on Windows Vista, HTML mail that is addressed to "undisclosed-recipients:" displays in plain text format with all of the HTML code exposed. HTML mail that is addressed to an actual e-mail address comes through and displays fine. I have tried adding the senders to my safe recipients list but that hasn't solved the problem. I use the exact same set up on a Windows XP machine or download the e-mails via a different e-mail program like Windows Mail and they are fine. Also, if I log into my mail server to look at them they are fine. However, if I download t...

Formatting toolbar is not displayed
On opening Excel 2003 the formatting toolbar is not displayed. Trying to display it the system freeze and i get a message error: Flags: Ox00000000 Code: Oxc000005 Address: Ox0000000030d00777 Record: Ox0000000000 I tried to reset the toolbars parameters but it did not help. Does somebody know the solution to this situation? Thank you. Alex Magen Try some startup switches http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291288 Probably: /Regserver -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "אלכס מגן" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD2C3618-8DEB-423...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...

force display of detail rows
I need to force the display of detail rows in a report even if values for these rows are not in the data provided by the query. For example the query data may be as follows: Group Detail Qty 1 A 1 1 B 2 2 C 2 I need the report to show: Group Detail Qty 1 A 1 B 2 C 0 2 A 0 B 0 C 2 Any suggestions? Thanks How is it to know what the maximum value is for the Detail? You are showing 'C' as the max. Is...

Displaying Asian Languages
Does anyone know how to get documents containing Asian text (such as Chinese, Korean and Thai) to display in Office vX (in OS X)?... On Tue, 18 May 2004 11:12:19 -0500, leo mac wrote (in article <eac901c43cf2$e4c7ad60$a601280a@phx.gbl>): > > Does anyone know how to get documents containing Asian text (such as > Chinese, Korean and Thai) to display in Office vX (in OS X)?... You need Unicode support. Only Word 2004 offers it, you can't get it in X. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft....

When repeating city want zipcode to populate
Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other cells? Thanks. See help on VLOOKUP function. Or go here for excellent help and an example workbook. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:05:32 -0800, jrw - esq. <jrw - esq.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a >zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other >...

How to display array of strings via Format-Wide
Has anybody tried to display collection of strings using Format-Wide? It works, but everytime only one column is used. Example: [1]:> '1', '2', '3', '4', '5' | format-wide -autosize 1 2 3 4 5 I have no idea how to persuade Posh to use more columns or accept - autosize switch. The only way that works is this one: '1','22','333','4444','55555' | % { new-object psobject -prop @{This= $_}} | Format-Wide -Property This -autosize i.e. creating new psobject with a noteproperty [string]@('1'...

I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. Thanks a lot. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/vspro/details/default.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:#xJvGnNPGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 > the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. > Thanks a lot. > > Thank you so much! But I can not find the Visual Studi...

Want Windows Mail to open my live.com mail
What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows Mail To access Hotmail accounts with Windows Mail, you have to use POP3. See href="http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing) With the newer Windows Live Mail, it's much easier. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Sue Ann" wrote in message news:e$a0jezMLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows Mail ...