I want to know (via an event sound) that my cursor movement has bumped the
left edge of the spreadsheet. I am entering thousand of rows of data, and it
would help if there was a event sound when I returned the cursor to the left
edge. I have this feature in 123, and find it helpfull.
0
myfather (1)

Put this in the sheet module:

Static ColOld As Integer
If Target.Column = 1 And ColOld > 1 Then Beep
ColOld = Target.Column
End Sub
--
Earl Kiosterud

"myfather" <myfather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know (via an event sound) that my cursor movement has bumped the
> left edge of the spreadsheet. I am entering thousand of rows of data, and
> it
> would help if there was a event sound when I returned the cursor to the
> left
> edge. I have this feature in 123, and find it helpfull.

0
nothanks4548 (968)
3/6/2005 2:02:28 AM
Here are a couple of things that, though not answering your question, might
interest you.

You might want to use Data - Form.

Another technique that might apply is to use the Tab key instead of the
Enter key as you move across the row.  Then at the last cell, press Enter.
It will take you to the next row, in the column where you started.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"myfather" <myfather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to know (via an event sound) that my cursor movement has bumped the
> left edge of the spreadsheet. I am entering thousand of rows of data, and
> it
> would help if there was a event sound when I returned the cursor to the
> left
> edge. I have this feature in 123, and find it helpfull.

0
nothanks4548 (968)

OUTLOOK 2007
I purchased new notebook from Dubai having Vista Home. While uising OUTLOOK 2007, the email messages make and receipts in Plain text receive in Right to Left Direction. My requirment is default text direction as Left to Right. I think problem is coming becuase of arabic or Urdu language which is set in Window Vista. I have tried all option i.e. set language as English, key board as US, email template as left to right direction but this problem is not solved till todate. I request Microsoft or member in Discussion group to help me for solving this problem. Tools, options, left to ri...

Outlook 2003 and Snag-it / PDF Maker "add-in"
Hi, after I installed Snag-It and Adobe Acrobat, I found that they have some sort of "Add-In" which were added into Outlook 2003 (and possibly Word 2003)... in the Toolbar area. Although I tried to delete it from the Toolbars, somehow they would come back.. Is there any way to really delete these buttons from the toolbar? Many thanks! Remove the add-ins. Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options| COM = Add-ins.=20 Also see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefl...

add vb code to the event
Set cn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection cn.CursorLocation = 3 cn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command Dim sqlstring As String sqlstring = "update PM00200 set txrgnnum ='" & RTrim(Left(ruc1, 25)) & "', txidnmbr='" & RTrim(Left(dive, 11)) & "' where vendorid ='" & RTrim(Left(VendorID, 15)) & "'" cmd.ActiveConnection = cn cmd.CommandType = 1 cmd.CommandText = sqlstring cmd.Execute Set cmd = Nothing cn.Close Set cn = Nothing I use that code...

how to add data points to a scatter plot with trend line
I want to add data points to the scatter plot that are not part of the data ie. add points to find their concentration on a standard curve. You can add another series to the graph. While editing the graph, Select Chart -> Source Data -> Series Select ADD under the series window and enter the name and the X and Y values for the series. There are other ways to do this, as well. "Samantha" <Samantha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CF44177-E119-4902-A875-57027EC69529@microsoft.com... >I want to add data points to the scatter plot that are not pa...

Default Wanted -- Plain Text
I'm using Outlook 2000. It currently displays emails as HTML when the sender has used HTML. I subscribe to several listserves. I want to stop receiving HTML mail frm the lists. I want to receive plain text only. How do I do that? <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Change your message reading format to plain text. You will not read any email in html. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Preferences. Click E-mail Options, and then select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box. If you just want to change only the lists format, contact the lists and request ...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

I want my sent emails to go to the folder from which they originated/reply emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have work folders where I put various emails pretaining to the job I'm working on. I receive emails and move them to their pertinant folders, then I reply to those emails. I would like those email I reply to, to be delegated to that particular folder. Right now they just appear in sent folder. Microsoft Outlook did this no problem, but I can't get it to work in Mac. ...

add minutes to a given time
Hey there, in cell A2 I have a time, say 07:00 hrs. In B1 in have i.e. 3 minutes of time an operation takes. Now I want to add those 3 minutes to the time in A2, so I have 07:03 hrs in cell B2 How do I have to format the cells to get that done? Thanx well in advance! Jochen Hi Jochen, In B2 put =A2+B1/24/60 and format cell as [h]:mm HTH Martin In A2, enter: 07:00 in B1, enter: 00:03 in B2, enter: =A2+B1 format all those cells as hh:mm HTH -- AP "Jochen Munzinger" <external.jochen.munzinger@de.bosch.com> a �crit dans le message de news: e90105$pba$1@ns2.fe.i...

WMP 11 won't play CD's without a loud choppy sound with the audio
Hello, On a new install of XP SP3 I added WMP 11. Soundcard is an old Soundblaster Audigy but always ran fine in my old machine. When I try to play any CD I can hear the audio in the background but a loud chopping type noise over rides it. I have never added any codecs of any kind, it's my understanding you get the correct ones with the player. I have 2 DVD drives and the result is the same in either drive. However Winamp will play the same CD just fine. Thoughts anyone? Also I notice that Nero Showtime locks up and won't run at all I am wondering if there i...

Prompted if you're sure you want to send message.
Hi everyone, Is there a feature in Outlook 2003 where it will ask you if you're sure you want to send the message? I've heard of something like this in other systems, called a hostility sensor. It keeps you from sending those embarrasing or career ending messages. When you click on Send, a pop-up is supposed to prompt you as to whether you really want to send the message or not. Any idea if this is availalble on Outlook? Thanks. Microsoft <aarce@network-alternatives.com> wrote: > Is there a feature in Outlook 2003 where it will ask you if you're > sure you wa...

Possible to add/edit price of Opp product?
Is it possible to add or edit the price of a product in an Opportunity? I can only overide a price in on the Quote level ... but I have a product that changes price everytime it is sold, therefore I need to track this on the Opp level, not only Quote level. Can someone tell me if this is possible? Thanks, Rhett ...

add travelling time or preparation time in front an appointment
I would like to have a travelling time in front of my appointment so that i know when to leave the office and still see the start time of the actual meeting ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defa...

Two Companies Merging and want to Share Target Address Space
Merger happening, and on day one of Merger approval/announcement the Exec's want Shared addressed space. Target ORG Exchange 2003 Native Email Domain target.com Source ORG Exchange Mixed 2000 and 5.5 Email Domain Source.com Exec's want all users of the new company (Target ORG) to send/receive as target.com on day one. At a very high level are these the steps to accomplish this? 1). If we modify all email addresses in Source domain and add target.com as primary address. 2). Place target.com into non-authoritative mode for target.com. 3). SMTP Connector configured t...

Cursor Stuck
Hello, I received a spreadsheet in email a few days ago. Since then, any time I click a cell with the mouse, it acts as if the left mouse button is down, highlighting cells as I move the mouse. This happens in a new as well as existing workbooks. In addition to this, every time I open a new workbook, the book number increments. I'll open book1, then close Excel completely, but next time I open, it will be book2. This happens when I go to program files and click the excel.exe file as well. I've looked in the xlstart folder as well as the vba environment for viruses and found non...

Add line series to stacked bar chart
I want to add a line on top of a stacked bar chart. Is there a straight forward way to do this? I presume you mean a column chart (vertical bars). Copy the data, select the chart, use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as a new series. This adds the series as another bar on the stack. Select the new series, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose a line type. Format to suit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "TomB" <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How to add Maximize box on a dialog created by using CDialog
I want to have a maximize box on the Dialoog which is created by inheriting CDialog class on a specific case. Controls on that dialog should also get resized accordingly. For example the size of the list control on that dialog should be state specific(max or min). Thanks regards In the PreCreateWindow for your subclass, add in the style (It think it is WS_MAXIMIZEBOX) to force the maximize box to appear. In your OnSize handler, you do whatever it takes to resize the controls. For example, here's a case where the listbox occupies the bottom of the dialog: void CMyDialog::OnSize(int cx...

what method to add function to right click list ?
Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. Outlook provides no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "wong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:04fd01c557a2$5e0d5e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to=20 > right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. > Thank you...

MFC Event from COM object
Hello, all: I'm used to Win32 COM/OLE programming; however, I'm beginning to harness the power of MFC and it's object-oriented programming, which I like. I have an interface that I would like to integrate into my program. It's name is IMotorEvents; it is the event interface. It, too, has a function that I would like to use, void OnPositionHome(short nMotor). This event will fire when the motor reaches the home position, or properly aligns. It's a simple question I hope. How do I attach code to the OnPositionHome()? I've added the class using the MFC Typeli...

Listing calendar events by attachment size.
Entourage 2008 for Mac, Web Services Edition. Version 13.0.4 My user is trying to list all calendar events that have attachments. Her inbox on the Exchange server is getting full and it's always because people include all sorts of documents in the meeting request. In Entourage when I list "all events", events with attachments do not show up in that list with the Attachment check box checked. If I go back to the PC in Outlook and say search for Calendar events with attachments messages show up in the list. Can these only be listed and deleted on the PC? Sounds sil...

tiny gray squares on left side of sheet on start up printing
when I first start printing my new template, the frist sheet out has nothing on it but four or five tiny gray squares vertically on the left side of the sheet. Then it prints the template as designed..why? 'Tiny gray squares' generally indicate unprintable characters, at th start of a document could be incorrect printer (instruction) codes. Check that you have the correct printer definition, and that the Heade (File, Page Setup, Header/Footer) has no odd characters. crazy241 Wrote: > when I first start printing my new template, the frist sheet out ha > nothing > on it b...

Add to new Entity Price List
We are trying to create a new Entity in the module Customizable Entities, in the page Relationships we are trying to use the table name PriceList but this table is missing in the dropdown text . Could you please let me know how can I found this table in the Relationships page? Thanks, Anatoli P ...

Want to backup Win2008 R2 Hyper-V Guest machine to DPM2007
[ Environment ] DPM Server: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64 Hyper-V Physical machine: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Hyper-V Guest machine: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 [ Patches applied ] [-- DPM Server --] - WindowsServer2003 KB926140 - WindowsServer2003 KB934016 - WindowsServer2003 KB940349 - WindowsServer2003 KB967551 - WindowsServer2003 KB968447 - WindowsServer2003 KB969219 - DataProtectionManager2007- KB949779 - DataProtectionManager2007- KB954641 - DataProtectionManager2007- KB959605 - DataProtectionManager2007- KB961502 - DataProtectionManager2007- KB963102 - DataProtec...

Add to this macro
Another user provided this code for creating a text box with font size 8/Arial. However, it is putting in color and a border. Since the recorder was removed, I can not figure out how to add in no color and outline of text box in addition, I want the text color black. I monkeyed with this a bit to get the size correct: Sub RefTextBox() Dim myBox As Shape Set myBox = ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, 10, 10, 211, 15) myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "hello" 'put hello in the box myBox.TextFrame.TextRange.Font.Size = 8 'make th...