I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column

I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to enter
the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly to
the amount I enter

Thanks

Bob
0
Bobb1220 (1)

"Bobb1220" <Bobb1220@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to
enter
> the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly
> the amount I enter
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

Assuming your data is in A1, enter =A1*1.06 in some other column.
/Fredrik

For clarity, I would use

=A1*(1+6%)

--

HTH

RP

"Fredrik Wahlgren" <fredrik.p.wahlgren@mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote in message

> "Bobb1220" <Bobb1220@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to
> enter
> > the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly
> > the amount I enter
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob
>
> Assuming your data is in A1, enter =A1*1.06 in some other column.
> /Fredrik

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/10/2005 9:57:47 PM
In your Worksheet's module paste in:

    On Error GoTo ws_err
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("D5:G10")) Is Nothing Then    '<<<Chg to
your cell Range
         Target.Value = Target.Value * 1.06
    End If
ws_err:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

HTH

"Fredrik Wahlgren" <fredrik.p.wahlgren@mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote in message

> "Bobb1220" <Bobb1220@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to
> enter
> > the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly
> > the amount I enter
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob
>
> Assuming your data is in A1, enter =A1*1.06 in some other column.
> /Fredrik

0
jmay (696)

How i can add description tail to cursor when it goes on to a spe.
How i can add a description tail to a cell when i move cursor to that specific cell. For example if i move cursor to cell A2, it should give a description tail "add value from code 1202" thanks Bukhtiar I think you want something similar to the ScreenTip you get when you highlight a button on the toolbar. Excel only offers ScreenTips for hyperlinks only. You will have to make the cell into a hyperlink and then click on ScreenTip in the top-right corner. This works with formulas. It might be better to use a comment. Right click a cell and click "insert comment"....

zero value in cell
I have a table of engineering calculations. The same formula in each cell operation on variables in the row and column headers. i use the MIN function to evaluate two formulas. Then I take the minimum result and operate on it outside of hte MIN function. I'm getting zero values displaying in my table. When I pick a particular cell, and then pick the formula icon in the editor, the dialog box displays the correct reults for each of the two items and the formula overall. Why don't these results show in my table? -- Arthur I'm guessing your numbers are actually Text....

want questions

Auto Complete tasks from Sales Process when stage changed
Hi Guys I have set up a sales process with 6 stages with 4 tasks each. When An Opportunity is created it automatically creates the sales process and stage is Stage 1. When I change the stage to Stage 4, how can I make all the activities/tasks in the previous stages as completed as at the moment they display as either open or pending? Thanks you can do this through workflow or writing .net assembly to mark them completed. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Sukh&q...

"criteria" in a sumif refering to the value in another cell
I'm trying to do a sumif with the "criteria" refering to an adjacent cell rather than having the criteria hard keyed into the formula. For example, if I have a list of purchases by date and I want to sum up those that occured prior to 12/31/04, and 12/31/04 is the value in another cell. Can i have the sumif refer to that cell for the "criteria"? =SUMIF(rng,"<="&cell_ref,rng_to_sum) eg =SUMIF(A1:A100,"<="&C1,B1:B100) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

Add Replication to All Public Folders at Once
I have ~400 public folders, and we are mirgrating Exchange to a dedicated server. I need to add replication for all those folders to my new server, but I don't want to go through each individual folder and add the replication for the new server. Is there a way I can add the replication for all folders at once? Or is there a way I can script it? If your folders are nested, you only need to configure the top-level folders. Then for each top-level folder, use All Tasks>Propagate Settings to push the settings to the subfolders. You can select which settings to push. -- Teresa Appelgat...

I want more!

How can I create a Sales form that can update both the Product and Sales Tables
Am creating a Product-Sales Database, and I would like the corresponding Sales made in the Sale Table to be automatically deducted or to be reflected in the Product Table. The product table contains all my stock and has a relationship with the Sales Table. The Sale Table does not necessarily include the Stock. How can I create possibly a Sales Form that will be used as an entry point for all the products (stock) sold and automatically register the sold products in the Sales Table and at the same time make the required adjustments in the Products Table. ----------------------------------------...

entering a # each row adds 1 to the previous cell. Turn off?
When entering numbers in my spreadsheets each row adds another number. i.e., 2004 becomes 2005, then 2006. A telephone # becomes 811-6001, 6002, 6003. How do I turn that off so when I pull the corner down to copy it stays the same? You can right click and pull the corner and when you release the mouse you'll get an option of copy cells or hold down ctrl and pull down with left mouse -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "dbog" <dbog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C73C1B-4DC0-479F-BC57-8AF77E499991@microsoft.com... > When en...

Combing Cell Values
Hello, Need some help with combing cell values. I know that =value(a1&b1) example. Cell A1 = 1 Cell B1= 3 Output =13 But if A1 has a text value such as ABC, I get an error on output. With text and numeric, how do you combine? Thanks JR try leaving out value -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "JR" <gaspower@nothing.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:mqWJb.5923$KV4.1988@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com... > Hello, > > Need some help with combing cell values. I know that =value(a1&b1) example. > > Cell A1 = 1 > Cell B1= 3 > > Ou...

How do I add the Norton Anti-Spam toolbar in Outlook 2003?
I deleted the Norton Anti-Spam and Adopbe Acrobat folders from Outlook 2003 e-mail page and don't know how to get it back. ...

extracting data from a cell
I have this data that stored into several cells and each sell holds a combined 20 data entries in one cell seperated by a space. I was wondering is there anyway to extract that data with out having to rekey the numbers. We are talking about a combined 2000 line items if individually entered. An example is to store numbers 1-100 in to one Use Data | Text to Columns and use the space as a delimiter/separator. Regards Trevor "msam137" <mpsamuels01@spymac.com> wrote in message news:1109702417.132521.302110@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have this data that stored into...

Intercompany Sales
Hello, I'm using Great Plains, about to upgrade to 8.0 on SQL2000. My department (parts dept) controls most of the inventory and therefore most of the transactions going through great plains. Usually, I sell to customers using SOP and all is fine. I need to sell some parts to the sales department and the service department. I've been using regular sales order processing to accomplish this, however there are some obstacles I need to overcome. (1) I need a price schedule that is the cost of the part. I'm having to manually override all the prices which leads to human erro...

how do I populate a cell with data from another worksheet,
I have two worksheets, both with similar data. Say columns are Acc No, Acc Name and VAT number. Unfortunately the VAT number does not correspond on each worksheet. How can I populate 1 worksheet with the VAT number so that the data is collected on one worksheet? I have tried VLookup, but I'm not really converant with it so would appreciate any help. Many thanks Denise ...

Text want wrap in text box

Go to cell based on input
Hi all In hoping someone can help I have a cell (c16) the user will input a 1 or a zero into. If its a 1 i want cell (F16) to be selected or if its a 0 cell (C17) to be selected. Cheers in Advance D -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Put this code in the worksheet module. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$C$16" Then Select Case Target.Value Case Is = "0": Range("C17").Select Case Is = "1": Range("F16").Select End Se...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Add 5 to data in text box!
What would I need for [On Click] in my Control Button that would add 5 to [tbAdditionChargeAmount] each time I clicked it? Thanks for any Help...........Bob Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount + 5 End Sub If that doesn't work, try: Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = _ Val(Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount) + 5 End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:OJaareyxHHA.4916@T...

Add 2nd Y axis in XY scatter chart?
Is there any way to add a second Y axis and then plot data associated with this axis in an XY scatter chart? If so, what are the steps? Thanks, Don Culp Hi Don, Add your data to the chart then double click the new data series. On the Axes tab of the format dialog chose Secondary axis. Cheers Andy Don Culp wrote: > Is there any way to add a second Y axis and then plot data associated with > this axis in an XY scatter chart? If so, what are the steps? > > Thanks, > Don Culp > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

excel 97 #6
Why does excel put a : (colon) after the file name when saving an excel document. ex. file.xls:2 This indicates that you have two (or more) windows open viewing the same worksheet. Close all but one of them to restore Excel to its more normal state. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "pz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b1a01c398a4$3c94f780$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does excel put a : (colon) after the file name when > saving an excel document. ex. ...

add ticker symbol money 2003
Set up investment accounts with mutual funds but did not enter ticker symbols when I set them up. I need to go back and add them but can't seem to find that option. Is there an easy way to add them by looking them up or entering them? Which screen? On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:56:10 -0700, "s" <shelbyite@hotmail.com> wrote: >Set up investment accounts with mutual funds but did not >enter ticker symbols when I set them up. I need to go >back and add them but can't seem to find that option. Is >there an easy way to add them by looking them up or >e...

How to add a brand column in sales report?
I want to see detail on brands column on detail sales report. How can dis be added? It's not exactly pretty, but here's what we did: I used SubDescription1 for brand, then ran a query to append ", SubDescription1" to my Description field. You could also add SubDescription1 to the receipt. You could probably use another query to populate SubDescription1 with the SupplierName, but the two are not always the same. HTH, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Ramzey" wrote: > I wan...