I used "save as" but now can't locate original file

I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December.
Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of
November anywhere?

Book

I believe you have not done as you describe.

If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes
then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on
your computer in its previous state.

Unless you saved it as November with the changes.

From where did you open November workbook?

It will still be there.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:23:02 -0800, "Booksmarts"
<Booksmarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December.
>Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of
>November anywhere?

0
Gord

Save as Read only
Hi, I need a piece of code that can save a file over a read only file and save as a read only, but not have a message that gives you a choice of opening as a read only or not (If that makes any sense) I have tried this, but doesn’t work: Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="E:\Desktop\Test.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlExcel8, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=True ActiveWindow.Close Help greatly appreciated Try: Activeworkbook.Saved = True Activeworkbook.ChangeFileAccess...

save as,
hi, is there any way that i can save a copy of my document, in vba cod under a new name, and not change my open document to the new name /jock -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jocke Have a look at the SaveCopyAs-method. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "jocke >" <<jocke.155t56@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:jocke.155t56@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, is there any way that i can save a copy of my document, in vba code > under a new name, and not change my open document to the new name > &g...

Clicking "Save" defaults to "Save As"
I am running Office 2003 and also working in an corporate environment. I'm having trouble saving documents on home drives. When saving an existing document via the "Save" button or Ctrl+S it will always bring up the "Save As" dialogue box. When saving to the C: drive or a shared network drive this problem does not occur. I've tried resetting toolbars, resetting keyboard shortcuts, but I'm still not sure how to resolve this issue. Any assistance would be great. Are you opening the documents from removable media? Copy to the hard drive first. --...

Adding format to "save as" sub-menu in Office 2007?
I save all my files as either .xlsx or .csv. Usually I need to save the same file as both - once to preserve features such as charts and once in .csv for import into another application. Is there a way to add a format to the "save as" window? That is, I would like to be able to click the office button, click "save as", and have .csv appear in the list of formats alongside "Excel workbook", "Excel macro-enabled workbook", etc. Granted, I can choose Save As>Other formats and scroll down to .csv in the save dialog, but I do this often enough that it wo...

Files Save As option
How do I clear the list of previously saved file names from the Flie Name text box drop down menu? In the Options dialog for your version of Word, change the number of Most Recently Used files to be used to 0. Or run a macro containing the following code Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "M.I. Tabassum" <MITabassum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Visio 2002: Save as Web Page & Link to PowerPoint vs. embedding PP dilemma
I have a dilemma. I have a multi-page flow chart in Visio 2002. Within the flow chart I link to several PowerPoint(PP) files that give details on steps within the flow chart. Problem: When I save as a webpage and then click on one of the links to a PP it works fine. But when I return to the flow chart, it always returns to the first page of my flow chart. Thus, I lose my place in the flow. I guess it has something to do with frames and returning to the frame I was on. ...a little over my head. Attempted Solution and the problem with it: So, I began pasting all of the PPs in the Vi...

Force save as
Is it possible to disable the save button and force a user to use save as? Making the book read only is not an option due to some calculation. Thanks in advance Hi not sure why read only is not an option for you. You still can perform changes you just have to save it to a different name -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1eca01c4dc74$23784c60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to disable the save button and force a user > to use save as? Making the book read only is not an option > due to some calcu...

"Save as" in IE programatically
When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to save the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as" step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x? TIA, Bill Try URLDownloadToFile/URLDownloadToCacheFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bill Levis" <bill@voicenet.com> wrote in message news:O##vXt1ZDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &g...

Wants to Save As instead of just Save
Thanks for any help you are able to provide. I've been using FrontPage for years but have a minor issue that is annoying me because I don't why it is happening or how to fix it. Long existing pages that I modify in any way at all, will not save in the conventional manner. The Ctrl/S function, and the tollbar button, do not just save the page as it should, but takes me to the "Save As" window instead. I basically have to overwrite the page using the existing file name and then OK the resaving of all the images on the page. There is no duplication of pages...

save as html
when i save a file as html it can not be filled in is there a way to save it as html and also be able to fill it in? ...

Save as type missing types
What would cause the save as type drop down list not to have any options except for *.xls? ...

where to get "save as" button from excel 2007
as mentioned subject Click the Office icon (round thing in top left corner) Click Excel Options (bottom of dialog) Click Customize on left side of dialog Set "Choose commands from" to "all commands" at top of dialog Select the Save As icon and press the Add button in centre of screen OK out of the dialog Now QAT will have the Save As icon best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23diLXs0rHHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > as mentioned subject > ...

Word files open/save as read-only (atachments) in Outlook 2003
Hi, I have a problem that is a little weird. When I open a Word document in a message it opens as read-only. When I save to disk, saves as read-only. i have to change its properties do take off the read-only tick. It's strange because the origin of the file its sent as a "normal" document (not read-only). The Windows XP and Office 2003 are totally updated. Help please! Best regards, Jo�o That usually happens when you deal with the attachment from the Reading Pane. "Jo�o Rodrigues" <joao.miguel.rodrigues@portugalmail.pt> wrote in message news:%23S3jBh...

how do i save as a .doc document?
how do I save my file as a .doc? al <al@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > how do I save my file as a .doc? Depending on your version of Publisher, there's an option under File > Save As..., but I doubt that's what you really want to do, as it destroys your layout and formatting. Can you tell us why you want to save as a .doc? Perhaps then we can suggest an alternative solution. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Save as PDF not working on a domained Windows 7/Vista box
I have an VB script that has worked fine for any XP box. The script does a save as PDF (using the save as pdf add in) for excel, then save the pdf in a file within SharePoint on an external site. As we plan on moving to Windows 7 we have tested this and have issues with the file acturally saving. it creates a file put the file is empty. this also happens on Vista. but has no issues when it comes to XP. Applications: Office 2007 SP 2 MOSS SP1 Save as PDF add-in Script: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim iReply As Integer iReply = MsgBox(Prompt:="By usin...

MFC bug? Save As dialog crashes in old style
Hi! I have to use an old style Save As dialog under XP with the VC++7.0 compiler but the dialog throw an access violation if the filter (Save file as type) is opened. The same code works well with VC++6.0. If the OFN_EXPLORER bit is omited (m_ofn.Flags &= ~OFN_EXPLORER), the dialog always freezes. However, everything is OK if this line is in comment. The HOOK procedure doesn't solve the problem, either. It seems to be an MFC bug. Thanks for the support in advance. Best regards, Ferenc Gratzer Ps.: The main part of the code: IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CDsbFileDialog, CFileDialog) UINT...

Lotus 123 save as excel workbook and maintain formatting? #2

Save as variable file name
Hi there, I've got a list of 55 cities, and I'd like a macro to go down the list one by one, and save the file with each city as the file name, so that in the end I have 55 different files, each called city1.xls and city 2.xls and so forth. I'm sure this is possible but not sure where to start! Thanks for your help... Try the below...Edit the workbooknames ..Assume the workbook is open Sub Macro() Dim cell As Range, wb As Workbook Set wb = Workbooks("Whichworkbook.xls") Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'Specify the range in which the cities are me...

Save as type
When I want to save an Excel spreadsheet, I have many options when it comes to "Save as type". What I want to know is what all those options mean? Yes, I know the basic ones, but while some are common sense, others are a mystery. Isn't there a white paper which explains these options in more detail, and when they are used and for what purposes. Thank you. One place... Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types (tab) Another place... http://www.fileinfo.com/ And another... Wikipedia -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Liontamer" &l...

Save as Macro in excel
Hi, I have a macro with these lines in it: FName = Cells(2, 2).Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=FName This works fine and saves the file as the value in the cell - however I want to be able to call the file by the value in three cells and also add some text, so the file name would look like: "Reference (Cells (2,2).Value) Region (Cells (4,2).Value) Day (Cells (5,2).value)" Can anyone help?????? -- Cillian dim myFileName as string with worksheets("Sheet99") myfilename = .cells(2,2).value & " Region " & .cells(4,2).value _ ...

Newbie
Hi guys, I am kind of new to Outlook. I would like to know of any fast shortcut (for Save as) or a Macro? I work in a NGO and due to the Haiti crisis we recive like 500 emails at day. I have to save each one them and ONE BY ONE that says Donations (not all emails says donation). I would like to know if there is any way i can select a bunch of emails and save them all at once to my disk location not having to do it one by one. Any help or ideas, Cheers, S -- uzapuca You can drag and drop the messages out of Outlook and into an Explorer folder to save them a...

save as has disappeared. how do i get it back?

How does 'save as text' work?
What is the difference between save, save as, save as text? When I 'save', or 'save as' I get a PDF file icon, when I 'save as text' I get a 'notepad' icon. I can access the PDF file but there's nothing in the 'notepad' icon to access. Where are you seeing these options? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ruben" <Ruben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6434BFFE-D523-4E3A-ADB9-53249E77667A@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between save, save as, save as text? > When I 'save'...

Save As problem
I'm completely new to MFC.. so please excuse my ignorance.. I used the wizard to make a simple app.. Toolbars, menus etc. So i've got a few classes, the ones im interested in are CMapEditorApp and CMapEditorDoc. In CMapEditor.cpp I created all the D3D stuff, which renders my level, and allows it to be edited. It all works fine. The problem comes when I want to do a Save as - I have to use CMapEditorDoc to get the filename returned by the Save As dialogue.. But I can't think of a way of passing this name back to CMapEditorApp for it to use the save function.. I can't just p...

Excel Save As... text with special characters
Hi! When saving an Excel worksheet as tab-delimited text, cells containing double-quote (") or comma (,) are surrounded by double-quotes in the resulting text file. I would like to be able to induce or control the quoting of cell values in tab-delimited text output. Specifically, I would like the content of cells containing space ( ) to be quoted in the text output. Is this possible? Thanks, Brynturk You will probably have to a macro to export the file according to your specs. Seach Google for examples. On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:15:01 -0700, "Brynturk" <Brynturk@disc...