I switched on the R1C1 reference style but I can't switch it off a

I got a message its header is "name conflict"
0
gello (1)

That means you had a name that looked like a cell address.

If I'm in R1C1 reference style, I can name a range:  B3

But if I want to switch back to A1 Reference style, then my name "B3" will
confuse excel.  It has to have you change this to something that isn't an
address.

So if you want to change to A1 Reference style, you're gonna have to choose a
new name--something like:  _B3 would work.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

thousand separator as indian style for negative number
hi every body we in india to any number put comma as stated below ie 15,13,10,565.00 fifteen crores thirteen lacs ten thousand five hundred sixty five only 00,00,00,000.00 but excel we have only thousand separator.it separates the number afte every thousand. can it possible in excel to formate number as per our style. 00,00,00,000.00 for both + and - numbers. if possible please guide me kamlaka -- kamlaka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kamlakar's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=328 View this thread: http://www.ms...

Changing relative cell reference
I want to copy data from one work sheet (A) to another (B); instead of using a normal relative cell reference (i.e., copy A1 to A1, A2 to A2, etc), I want each row in worksheet A to be copied to every 31st row in worksheet A: A2 in worksheet A should be copied to A2 in worksheet B A3 in worksheet A should be copied to A32 in worksheet B A4 in worksheet A should be copied to A63 in worksheet B .. etc Thanks for your help! Try something like; Sub DoIt() Dim wba As Workbook, wbb As Workbook Dim wsCopy As Worksheet, wsPaste As Worksheet Dim rCell As Range, lStop As Long Dim...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Skipping Numbers in Styles and Numbering
I have setup a ton of styles and associated numbering methods for a lengthy legal document. I was wondering if there was a way of skipping numbers. For Example: Section.Subsection: 7.04 7.08 7.12 etc. We have a single level of a lengthy numbering format that needs this to occur. Is it possible? Yes. In W2007 you can right click on the number and choose _set numbering value_. Pam Jared wrote: >I have setup a ton of styles and associated numbering methods for a lengthy >legal document. I was wondering if there was a way of skipping numbers. For >...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Using cell references in Excel hyperlinks
Anyone know if this is possible? This would be so useful!! ...

MS Word 2003 Macro, Styles
I am relatively new to Word macros. I have created a macro that finds a characters, selects severl characters, then changes the style of the selection. I loop through this routine until "Find.Found = False" When I run the macro it will only change every other selection. If I step through the macro it will change every selection. I am sure that this is an MS bug, but maybe there is a work around. If I put a break at line 15, then it doesn't skip every other selection. If I put a break at line 16, then it does. The selection is executed, but the style doesn'...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Repost: Copy and Offset cell reference
Hi Groupies: I posted this a couple of days ago, but I missed the functions group, no reply yet. I was asked if this was possible and I can not think of how, hopefully, somebody can help me. On Sheet 2, I have the following data: cell B2 =sheet1$N$14 cell B3 =sheet1$N$32 On sheet 3, I need to have cell B2 =sheet1$N$15 cell B3 =sheet1$N$33 On sheet 4, I need to have cell B2 =sheet1$N$16 cell B3 =sheet1$N$34 Basically, each sheet is a different month and the references need to be offset each time. This needs to be done a number of times in this and other workbooks. Is there an efficie...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

using a reference # on a check along with an account
I pay several bills and have several diffrent accounts at a credit union that gives me one account # and a reference # for each seperate area in my acount. As near as I can see money doesn't allow for a memo area when you pay bills online. any tips on how to handle this problem? thanks If your credit union is like mine, every transaction out in the clearing house system refers, by definition, to one draft account under the master account number. Just like the MICR account number on your checks omits the separate account designator and just has the master account number. "morty s...

How can I autofill a series to reference non adjacent cells?
I need to create a list of values by referencing a series of non adjacent cells (they are separated by a set number of rows each but in the same column). For example the cells should read something like =b2 =b4 =b6 =b8. Of course I could type these in individually but threre are something like 100 values. Is there a way to auto fill this? Look at the indirect function for your example =indirect("B"&(row()*2)) copied down a column will give you a list for non adjacencies. "Microcell" wrote: > I need to create a list of values by referencing a series of...

switching to windows 7
switching to windows 7, still need to have access to old e-mails. how can i access e-mails created in outlook express? Copy the ***ENTIRE*** OE message store to flash or CD. Do not copy individual dbx files. Put the copy of the message store on the Win7 Desktop. Open WLMail and File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express and point to where you saved them. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jessica" <jstech@optonline.net> wrote in message news:uOEamPygKHA.1112@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > switching to windows 7, ...

switching from outlook express to outlook
I keep getting a mail delivery error, either saying "password required" or "the operation was cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties section of the account, to no avail. Of course, Express asks me for a password before kicking in. Any suggestions? "Barrie" <bhharry@telus.net> wrote in message news:05eb01c39539$a1626300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I keep getting a mail delivery error, either > saying "password required" or "the operation was > cancelled". I've tried all combinations in the properties >...

APA Style Table in Excel
Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places in line? Example: Instead of: 0022.11 1122.01 Have: 22.11 1122.01 Thanks, Dan One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ???0.00 Left align the cells. In article <s0Gsb.21268$8x2.8238628@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>, "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way to left align digits in excel and still have decimal places > in line? > > Example: > > Instead of: > > 0022.11 > 1122.01 > > Have: > > 22.11 > 1122.01 > > Thanks, &g...

HELP. 2 Emails in 03' and need to switch them.... want new email M
Help! I have just added second email acct to 2003 + want new acct to appear so its connected to contacts,calendar,outbox... I'm unsure of how to explain it.... but I'll try. Note: I have already made this email account my default account. Currently, my view looks like this in "all mail folders" view under Mail in navigation pane: +Personal Folders Deleted items Drafts +Inbox ****(This is the inital email, and under OUTLOOK TODAY, THIS email account comes under inbox (seen under "messages" in Outlook Today.)**** Junk Email ...

User Switch
XP, Home Edition ,SP3 Hello! Somehow thru my own judgment error I have managed to become a Computer Administrator..Prior to today I would go directly to the desktop and begin using my PC..Now I find myself having to allow the computer to load my personal settings..I would like to go back to the default(?) I had but I have scoured the options to go back and I don't know how..I am anxious to go back to what I had..I have never shared my computer so I guess I am ignorant about switching users...Thanks so Much...Nick Run System Restore to a time before the problem began. ...

how could i capture the event when my computer switch display device?
laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone know ? "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea3d8cfa-2c80-445f-899e-630ec0bd9239@a8g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > laptop could redirect the display output to another device by pressing > Fn + special key, how could i know this happened? i have searched msdn > for sometime, hanvn't found any window message related. does anyone > ...

Problems switching to new hardware
after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS ma...

Connecting Switches
Hi, I know this isn't strictly a SBS question but I'm hoping someone can answer me a simple (I hope) question. My SBS network has outgrown it's current office and we need to get a couple of PC's, telephones and a printer put in another office about 40 meters away. To get a bit of breathing space I want 10 data points in this new office (we will only need 5). My local voice / data installers are wanting to run 10 cat5e cables to this new office so will require around 500 meters of cabling and "x" amount of time for wages. I have a Dell PowerConnec...

How to refer to every 5 th cell?
I'm currently working with this array formula... =SUM(IF(G4:BJ4>C4,C4,G4:BJ4))*0.09615 How do i change this so that G4:BJ4 refers to every 5th cell staring with G4. Ie G4, L4, Q4, V4 ......etc. CHeers steve Try... =SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G4:BJ4)-COLUMN(G4),5)=0,IF((G4:BJ4<>"")*(G4:BJ4>C4),C4 ,G4:BJ4)))*0.09615 ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER. Hope this helps! In article <430f49ee$0$17485$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>, "R.P.McMurphy" <rpmcmurphy@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I'm currently working with this array formula......

How to go back after jumping to a cross reference.
I am using Word 2007. I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point to its source by control-clicking on the cross reference field. Is there a way to jump back? Thanks. -=John You could add the "Back" button to the QAT and use that. You can find it under "Commands Not in the Ribbon". Yves "jrr" <jrr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A655E46-BC50-4983-AD22-36AE7E132090@microsoft.com... >I am using Word 2007. > > I have enabled the ability to jump from a cross reference usage point t...

"Switch To" another application
I want to pop a running application up to the top of the screen. Basically I want to simulate the functionality of the "Switch to" feature in Task Manager. Naturally, it will not work. First off, I obtain the process handle by using EnumProcesses(). Next, after realizing that this was an area of the API with lots of holes, I find I must jump through hoops in order to "Switch To" this application. Next, I call GetProcessID() on my process handle. Next, I call EnumThreadWindows which inconvienently uses a callback function to obtain the window handles of the windows of t...

Maintain cell references when data is deleted
Hello, I have workbook that has formulae that reference cells in a sheet that is updated by first deleting all the existing data and then the new data is input in the exact same configuration. When the old data is deleted all my formulae go to #ref. Is there a function that will maintain the reference to the cell even when the old data has been deleted? Example Sheet1 cell B5 formula is =+Sheet2!B14-Sheet2!D14. When sheet 2 data is deleted and replaced with new data Sheet1B5= Sheet2!#ref-Sheet2!#ref. I would like to maintain the cell references on sheet 1 Thanks JBESr JBE, =INDIR...