i received a file that reads powerpoint document file file exten.

HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE

Hi

if you dont' have powerpoint you can download a view off the microsoft
website (www.microsoft.com) ... do a search there for "powerpoint viewer" -
you will find 2, one for 97/2000/2002 users and one for 2003 users

Regards
JulieD

"CCAROLACEREC" <CCAROLACEREC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE

0
JulieD1 (2295)

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...

max file size over !!! can't open ..
pst file is bigger than 2 GB .. So, outlook isn't work .. what should I do ? Try this: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous <doogie@kt.co.kr> asked: | pst file is bigger than 2 GB .. | | So, outlook isn't work .. | | what should I do ? there is a tool.. I forget the name.. it will chop off X amount of MB ...

PowerPoint 2007 automatically resizes embedded Excel charts
I know I've seen posts on this topic, but I've yet to find a thread where someone has an answer. When I have an Excel 2003 Worksheet embedded in PowerPoint, and whenever I edit the chart it automatically resizes. This messes up formatting and text-box labels placed over the Excel chart. I'd love to just use the native PPT2007 charts, but I'm constrained by needing to maintain commonality with the rest of my organization, which is still running 2003. Also, as I recall, the same problem was there when editing embedded worksheets in PowerPoint 2003. Does anyone have...

an algorithm to regroup the same data in a text file
Hi there: I want to generate an algorithm to regroup the same data in a text file. There is a text file, for example, having the following data: 1 1 0.720 2.500 2.300 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.720 2.500 2.300 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 0 0.100 0.100 4.000 3.800 0.000 0.000 1 0 0.100 0.100 4.000 3.800 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 1 1 0.075 1.500 1.400 0.000 0.000 0.000 The algorithm reads these data from text file and regroups them into different groups (each group has the same data,...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

delete user junk files (temp, cookies and temp. internet files) via login script
hello, I've been searching for a way to delete user junk files like it states in subject box. Setting IE settings to clear temp files when the browser is closed does NOT work. Making disk space 0 for temp files also leaves plenty of junk files behind. The only way I have seen to clear the files is manually. I've found this script to erase the junk files. It works by putting it in the all users folder in startup. c: cd\ cd C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files del *.* /f/s/q cd \ cd c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local ...

pst files #11
I have an archived pst file from another computer that I cannot open as I get an error that access is denied. I know the file was password protected and I have the password but I am never given the opportunity to use it. How do I open the file? Thanks. Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an archived pst file from another computer that I > cannot open as I get an error that access is denied. I > know the file was password protected and I have the > password but I am never given the opportunity to use it. > How do I open the file? How did y...

security document
Hello: Is there any sort of document out there that will explain at least in a general way the different windows that appear in the Security Setup window to tell the end user what each window designates? The reason why such a document would be important is simply because the end user could take away access to, say, a purchasing window that someone else really needed in order to access another window. Thanks! childofthe1980s If you are using Advanced Security, there is an option that will allow you to double click the security and see exacly what window you would be affecting with ...

Opening Excel file
When a second Excel 2003 file is opened, the original is no longer displayed in the Windows taskbar along the bottom nor is it visible when toggling through programs using alt+tab. The original file is not closed and is only visible in the "Window" pull-down screen within Excel. I have made sure all updates for Office 2003 are applied but the problem persists. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any advice is much appreciated. - Dave Could it be as simple as: Tools|Options|View tab|check Windows in Taskbar ??? Dave Z wrote: > > When a second Excel 2003 file is...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

How do I "auto save" my file in MsOffice2003 Exel?
Dave Peterson's reply to a similar message may help you: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/msg/7a31b73f19507fb9?hl=en& mawer-cv wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Query with two Tables with date filed for Date Range
How do I create a Query using two tables that have dates field to calculate a value using both the tables for a Date Range. For Example I have four TABLES- Time Card(TC), PROJECT, TC hours(HOURS), and TC expenses(EXPENSE). TC contains name of employees and their billing rates. PROJECT contains Name of Project. HOURS field are TCId, PROJECTId, Dateworked, and Hours. EXPENSE contains fields TCId, PROJECTId, Dateexpense, Expense. I want to build a query that over a Date Range that sums billable amount=hours worked* billing rate+ expense. I set the Dateworked >=[forms]![Report Date Range]![Be...

WLM help file
Is there an off-line version of the help file? Or -- how would I d/l the whole thing for off-line browsing? I'd like to be able to *try* to look something up even when off-line. Not that I've had much success with the "help" so far but I'm willing to try it as a source before asking here. BTW the option to "help improve WLM" doesn't seem to want suggestions. I don't see how recording how we use the program will help them know what *we can't find* & *what we miss that isn't here*. I did submit feedback; someone will get a bonu...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

RECENTLY USED FILE LIST #3
The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. HTH, Gary Brown "bvanepps" wrote: > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? The box is not available, that is the problem. Thanks "Gary Brown" wrote: > Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... > If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. > HTH, > Gary Brown > > "bvanepps" wrote: > > > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activ...

how do I put a link in a word document
I need to put web site links in my word document for school.How do I do it? Insert hyperlinks to the web pages. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "hotrod" <hotrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE1FE620-4036-4AE1-B247-BDD6F57A12A8@m...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...

Tab Delimited Files
I have been using a tab delimited file for some time now. After upgrading to Office 2003, whenever I open the file it brings up a message that says the file may have been altered by another person, and makes me decided between saving a copy, or to ignore any possible changes. The file is stored on a network drive, but I am the only person that edits it. Is there a way to make it stop asking me this every time I open the file? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

emf files
There are *.emf files with text in an excel worksheet that have inverted/mirrored letters. Okay indeed. What are emf files doing in an excel worksheet to begin with? These are a type of microsoft temp file. >-----Original Message----- >Okay. > >-- >Greeting from the Gulf Coast! >http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays >"Paul Osborne" <Paul.Osborne@halliburton.com> wrote in message >news:093301c34a17$c60f2390$a501280a@phx.gbl... >> There are *.emf files with text in an excel worksheet that >> have inverted/mirrored letters. > > &g...