I need to print lists including a barcode in Excel.

I have lists of student names and their identiification numbers ans want to
be able to scan these into another excel document from a printed form. I can
print these lists from DOS on a Kyocera printer but I want to print directly
from Excel.
0
GraemeD (1)

Download a free barcode font here.  http://www.idautomation.com/fonts/free/

Install it and then format your excel cell font to be that barcode font.
Type in what you want.

Set your print area and print.

HTH

Ken

0
KenMacksey (98)
4/24/2005 3:31:45 PM
If you have trouble with the bar code font, then a better way to do
things wouldbe to use a bar code ActiveX control. The best one on the
market is available from TAL Technologies.
For more information and to download a demo version visit:
http://www.taltech.com/products/activex_barcodes.html

The demo version of the ActiveX control comes with a sample Excel
spreadsheet that shows how you can use it in Excel.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:29:02 -0700, "GraemeD"
<GraemeD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have lists of student names and their identiification numbers ans want to
>be able to scan these into another excel document from a printed form. I can
>print these lists from DOS on a Kyocera printer but I want to print directly
>from Excel.

0
tom (44)

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Print any file to a specific printer (silently)
Hi, I have a requirement where I have to print any given file to a specific printer. My application then consumes the output of this printer. I also need to do this without any user intervention and without any GUI. I have managed to get the printing done using Shell Execute, however, it always shows the associated application even though I have specified ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden as window style. My code snippets are given below: <CODE> Process objProcess = new Process(); objProcess.StartInfo.FileName = fileName; //file to print objProcess.StartInfo.WindowStyle = ...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Make typing "jump" to matching item(s) in drop-down list?
Is there any way to make a drop-down list work so that typing causes a "jump" to a matching item in the list? For example, if the list includes "chair," can it be formatted so that typing c-h- brings up "chair" in the drop-down list? This would be a huge time-saver in lengthy drop-down lists. We can make Access do it--can Excel? If you show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|Toolbars), you can add a Combobox from that toolbar. Rightclick on it and choose properties. You'll be able to set the linkedcell, listfillrange, style, and matchentry properties to...

PRINT SHORTCUT
Hi Sorry if this has been asked before, I have just installed Publisher 2007 after using 2003 for many years. To my dismay when I click on the 'print' icon in the toolbar, it prints all pages instead of the current one (that is, it remembers my previous choice for printing). I do inserts for greetings cards and have sometimes over a hundred pages in my folders, it was just one click before to print the current chosen page, now I have to bring up the print dialogue box, and choose 'current page ' again for each one - can any kind person tell my how to get round this o...

Excel need help

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

does not print but saves instead!
I have 4 profiles set up on my computer. When I use word on the main profile I can print normally. However when I try to print from word on the other 3 profiles it goes to save as and will not let me print. I have tried reparing office using my disc. Any ideas on how to restore the print settings? ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

dependant combobox list
I am trying to add "salesman" information to a combobox that is dependant upon the dealership name I insert in another combobox. I have the dealership names in column A. Q: How do I get the second combox to insert the appropriate name? Should I make a separate sheet using the dealership names as headers, or can I add the salesmens name in the rows beside the already-present dealership name? Then, how do I get the second combobox to pick it up? I am using a Userform and VBA. Have lists of salesman by dealearship in columns, name those lists (Insert>Name>Define...) with the dea...

Macro help needed........

Can I bring an address from Outlook to a text box in Excel?
We have used Excel for some of our forms and would like to know if an address can be brought in to Excel as it can be in Word. ...

Print-outs
In FP 2000, Reports view, how may I print out a hard copy of those tables. I have tried everything I can come up with, but have not been able to get a hard copy to print out. Even when I do an Edit - Select all - Copy, then open a text editor, or MS Word, and try to paste, all I get is the http:// web site link. I can do an Alt - PrtScr and get a hard copy of that part of the table that is currently on the screen, but it the table is longer than the screen height I can not get all of it. Any guidelines would surely be appreciated. Gordon In microsoft.public.money, Gordon wrote: >In FP ...

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

Outlook hangs on pointing to the print button
We have one user that has this problem. When he points to the print button in Outlook, Outlook hangs for up to two minutes. Any idea where to look for the cause of this issue? Thanks, Neal Hello Neal, Could you give us more information about the problem? - Could you confirm than only one user has his behavior? - What's the Outlook version? - Did the user install Add-in, software which generete .pdf? - Does the hang of Outlook occur each time when pointing to the print button? - You can disable all third part software and disable Add-in of Ooutlook as well Let me know if the i...

Invoice print order
Can invoices be printed in customer NAME order? Laura, I don't believe so. The reason I don't believe that will work is that the sort is hard coded in Dexterity and while I haven't tested this in a while, I'm pretty sure the "sort by" clause as issue by Dexterity will override any user added sorts. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Laura Anne" <LauraAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC967CD-80DC-431A-AA4F-F1FBC75F88F4@microsoft.com... >...

I need Help

need help badly

Printing Postcards with Avery 8387 paper
I'm using Publisher 2000. I've created my own design for a post card. When the post card prints, it prints two postcards. I'm using Avery 8387 paper which is preferated for 4 post cards. How do I change the format so that it will print 4 post cards instead of 2. Hi BLAZJAR23@AOL.COM (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I'm using Publisher 2000. I've created my own design for a post || card. When the post card prints, it prints two postcards. I'm || using Avery 8387 paper which is preferated for 4 post cards. How do || I chang...