I need to create a two part formula

The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople
=IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to add
one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of this
formula need to be 0 as well.

I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me.

Thanks!

Something like:
=IF(C4=0,0,H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))))

Regards,
Fred

"DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople
> =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to
> add
> one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of
> this
> formula need to be 0 as well.
>
> I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me.
>
> Thanks!

0
Fred
2/22/2010 6:20:29 PM
=If(C4 = 0, 0, IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))))
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DMW" wrote:

> The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople
> =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to add
> one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of this
> formula need to be 0 as well.
>
> I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me.
>
> Thanks!
Hi,

"DMW" wrote:

> The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople
> =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to add
> one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of this
> formula need to be 0 as well.
>
> I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me.
>
> Thanks!
Let's say goodbye to IF for this one
First try
=LOOKUP(H7*10,{0,6,7,8,9},{0,1,2,3,4})*(C4<>0)

But that throws up a 4 for H7 =0.9 and you have H7>0.9
How about
=LOOKUP(H7*10,{0,6,7,8,9.0000001},{0,1,2,3,4})*(C4<>0)
or
=(C4<>0)*((H7>=0.6)+(H7>=0.7)+(H7>=0.8)+(H7>0.9))
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople
> =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to
> add
> one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of
> this
> formula need to be 0 as well.
>
> I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me.
>
> Thanks!

0
Bernard

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

How can I create a Visio timeline from a Microsoft Project file?
Can a Microsoft Project file be used to generate a timeline in Visio? If so, which versions of each program would I need? And by timeline, I don't mean Gaant chart. I mean the timelines that I can manually create in Visio using the Timeline Shapes stencil. "Suzie" <SB29@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:e5nU7f#7DHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can a Microsoft Project file be used to generate a timeline in Visio? If so, > which versions of each program would I need? > > This from v2003pro timeline help, your mileage may vary Import Project da...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

create user mailbox rules from admin/server
If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go to certain folders etc, I have usually logged in as that user and created the rule using the outlook rules wizard. Is there a way I can create rules like this from the server, or admin account, so i dont have to log in as every user each time i want to add a rule? Not that I'm aware of, and I'm sure you couldn't do it without some fancy scripting. Why not leave this up to the user, and send them basic instructions? Aaron wrote: > If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go > ...

Help needed

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

Need Help Despertly!

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...

Plug in needed

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...

Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been putting a comma between the two dates. I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just the two dates. I don't want to create another column for the second dat...