I need to convert a word table to excel

When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two
empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is
this?
0
Aaron1 (65)

usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table.

"Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or
> two
> empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is
> this?

0
warcrimes (66)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

C# registry read converts string
i'm trying to read a registry key in both local and remote machines. for example the HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\LANMANWORKSTATION there is a key called "imagepath" this is a "reg_expand_sz" and it will look like: "%systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs". when i run my code on either local or remote machine it will convert "%systemroot%" to the local machine system drive, in my cast "e:\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs". so now my output is incorrect. here is a sample of my code: if (t == Syst...

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000
I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database. I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to my machine much less the database. When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a while and then dies with: The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the relationships. Does anyone have any idea wha...

Macro help needed........

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Word/Excel: Freezing on Save
I have a client using Office 2001 on a B/W G3, OS 8.6, and every time she tries to save a new Word or Excel file, the system hangs. More specifically, it's not truly hanging -- the cursor moves but it's stuck showing the wrist watch. The system *does* hang when you try to force-quit the application. Short of wiping the entire hard drive and reinstalling everything, she has tried about everything else... Norton says the drive is OK. She's has uninstalled/reinstalled Office countless times. All to no avail. TIA for any help you can provide. Brian Hi System hangs are usually the...

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

Need help on this....thanks

Importing a specific Visio tab into MS Word
I have a Visio 2007 document with about 12 diagrams, one on each of 12 tabs. I would like to import a several of the tabs into a Word 2007 document and link them so when I change the Visio document the Word doc is automatically updated. Unfortunately, Word links to the tab that was selected the last time the Visio document was saved, so all diagrams are the same if I update the Word doc. I would like to keep all the diagrams in one Visio doc for simplicity instead of having to have 12 diagrams in 12 separate files. is there a way to link to a specific tab? Thansk in advance, Marco U...

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

I need Help

need help badly

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

autocomplete in excel
I do not have any blank cells in my spreadsheet, but it still does not alway autocomplete the phrase I am typing. Is there a limit of some sort to the # of cell that it will check? I currently have over 3500 rows in my worksheet. ...