I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form

Good afternoon,

I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which
sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer
to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command
to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that
currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so
my references would look like  this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT
YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do
this quickly so I dont have to go in and manually change each cell. Any
suggestions? Thanks

Cordailly,

0
BrentE (24)

Edit|Replace springs to mind--but watch your typing.

I bet your formulas look more like:
='Prior year'!b3
(note the single quotes).

Another option would be to put the worksheet name that you want to use in A1
(say).

Then change your formulas to:

=indirect("'" & a1 & "'!B3")

Then you'd just have to change the value in A1 to update your formulas.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

SIZE OF FILE CHANGED
Ive got an excel file that was 1mb in size. I then made a couple of small alterations and now the file size has shot up to 8.5mb. The file is going to be uploaded to a website and may take a while to load. Any ideas why the file size had increased so dramatically. Cheers Duncan Here are 4 things that often reduce the size: 1) Blanks. Edit>Go To...>Special...>Tick Blanks. This will give you a Idea of how much space your Worksheet takes up. Try to reduce th Blanks 2) Fileformat. File>Save As...>Select Save as type: Microsoft Exce Workbook (*.xls). If you use Microsoft Exc...

Excel need help

User changes last name
I have a network user with an associated mailbox. The user's name is jsmith and the Exchange alias is jsmith. This user has a new last name now, jjones.The user wants her email address to reflect the new name. She also wants to have any mail that goes to her old address forwarded to the new address. Can I just rename some things or do I have to create another userid and create the new mailbox and import all the email into the new mailbox and forward the old email to the new one. That senario would also cause the user to get a default profile on the desktop which I want to try to av...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Opening blank sheet with set format
Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow size 8 in every cell? Thanks in advance Daniel Create a new workbook. change the font setting to what you want. Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template) Daniel Bonallack wrote: > > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... > > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click > on the toolb...

Popup Form with Combo Box
I have a popup form with a combobox to select a field from a query to generate a report. The combobox however needs to pull from mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 fields in table PDM. I cannot make an appended filed in the table as it is on a server and is unchangable. 1. Can I make an appended field in the query for the 2 fields to which I can attach the form to open when the report starts? I have tried to combine the fields and that just merges the 2 different mnemonics for the item. I just want to search both columns for the mnemonic enetered by the user. 2. Can the combo box search both fields wit...

Link to a cell in another workbook by name rather than absolute c.
I need to get data from a total cell in one worksheet into a cell in another worksheet. Because the source worksheet will have lines added to it, I wanted to reference the cell by its row and column label (e.g. "Jan Sales"), rather than by an absolute cell reference. I tried several variations and keep getting the #REF and #NAME errors. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Name the actual cell and then reference the cell's name. -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Need to test a mobo

Modal property sheet.
My application has a modal property sheet. Normally if the operator presses "Cancel" the logic throws away the data changes and the sheet closes. Instead this is what I want to happen: I check if any data changes were made. If changes were made, I pop up an OK/Cancel message box asking the question: "Data has been modified. Press OK to discard data modifications." So if the operator clicks OK, I throw away the data changes and the property sheet closes. But if the operator clicks Cancel, I want to allow the property sheet to continue living. In other words... I want ...

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

Help needed

outlook(?) changes email address upon sending
I have had trouble sending email to persons who have "netscape" as their email address. Somewhere in the process of sending the message, the word "netscape" is changed to "netescape" and the message is returned to me. This happens constantely. Any ideas? A bug? ...

Need help on this....thanks

Sheets in a workbook
Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine columns with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row in that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do this? Thanks in Advance Penny I assume that the destination sheet is not always the same but is dependent on the name in that certain column. So you have multiple destination sheets. I further assume that you want...

I need Help

need help badly

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

Change Font/Display Size???
Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided to make VIsta the primary. Is there any way to change the size of the display/fonts on the display to something larger? Too small for these tired eyes. I can change the desktop display size ,but then it screws up the display for every other program. Any help would be appreciated. TIA In microsoft.public.money, starrin wrote: >Am running Money 2006 on Vista machine, where it was serving as >backup for an XP machine. XP is having problems so have decided t...

calculating in a changing range
I am trying to find a maximum value in a range that will be changing (in starting position, and length). Here is an example, this is cells A1 to A13: 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 I want to find the max between zero points (In this case, there would be one max, and it would be 4). The number of zero points and the number of cells between them will change. Anyone have some idea of how to go about this, or anything to even get me started? Thank you! -- gkaste ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gkaste's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Time Reference
Can anyone help! I'm trying to enter a formula within a worksheet which references time. It should be quite simple but it doesn't work. eg =if(now()>q13,"do this",if(now()>q14,"do that","")) Both q13 and q14 are formated to the time format and contain the times 08:30 and 09:30 respectivly. I've been advised to use the MOD function, but this only provides the remainder, and produces an error within the formula. Lee, NOW() is date and time, so you need to strip the date =IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>Q13,"do this",IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>Q14,&qu...

Repeat Data from Cell Above
Hello All: I have a report that has been imported in to XL and am trying to wor with the data but have a pain staking task ahead. Example: Serial No TitleName Units OrderNo 35270 International Views 20 123 15 667 18 445 50 552 41155 RoloText 12 124 My goal is to have the TitleName repeat in the blank cells, as th values in the adj. cells belong to TitleName. TIA, Dheera -- Dheeraj_ -----------------------------------------------------------...