I need the difference between two dates expressed as 4 years 3 mo.

I need a way to subtract the difference between two dates and exprss the
difference in a format simular to 10 years 6 months 7 days.  Assume a start
date of 12/19/1943 and an end date of Today().  I have no trouble using
datedif to get the number of years as 61 years, months as 11.  I have now
idea of how to convert the total number of days between the two dates to the
correct number days.  sngNumDays = DateDiff("d", DateOne, Now) gives the
total number of days (22657).

My current Code:

Private Sub cmdAge_Click()
    Dim DateOne As Date
    Dim intYears As Integer
    Dim intMonths As Integer
    Dim sngNumDays As Single
    Dim introw As Integer
    For introw = 2 To 4                             '3 different dates are
entered on rows 2 through 4
        DateOne = Cells(introw, 13).Value           'get the start date from
the spreadsheet
        sngNumDays = DateDiff("d", DateOne, Now)    'total number of years
in the period
        intYears = Int(sngNumDays / 365)
        intMonths = DateDiff("m", DateOne, Now)     'months is total months
in the time period
        intMonths = intMonths - (intYears * 12)     'convert to months
difference in the current year
        sngNumDays = DateDiff("d", DateOne, Now)    'total number of days in
the period
        Me.Unprotect
        'print the results to the row and column on the spread sheet
        Cells(introw, 14).Value = "   " & intYears & " Years " & intMonths &
" Months " & sngNumDays & " Days"
        Me.Protect
    Next
End Sub
0
Dean1 (103)

Hi,
Using the "Datedif" function try:
=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"md")

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261

"Dean" wrote:

> I need a way to subtract the difference between two dates and exprss the
> difference in a format simular to 10 years 6 months 7 days.  Assume a start
> date of 12/19/1943 and an end date of Today().  I have no trouble using
> datedif to get the number of years as 61 years, months as 11.  I have now
> idea of how to convert the total number of days between the two dates to the
> correct number days.  sngNumDays = DateDiff("d", DateOne, Now) gives the
> total number of days (22657).
>
> My current Code:
>
> Private Sub cmdAge_Click()
>     Dim DateOne As Date
>     Dim intYears As Integer
>     Dim intMonths As Integer
>     Dim sngNumDays As Single
>     Dim introw As Integer
>     For introw = 2 To 4                             '3 different dates are
> entered on rows 2 through 4
>         DateOne = Cells(introw, 13).Value           'get the start date from
> the spreadsheet
>         sngNumDays = DateDiff("d", DateOne, Now)    'total number of years
> in the period
>         intYears = Int(sngNumDays / 365)
>         intMonths = DateDiff("m", DateOne, Now)     'months is total months
> in the time period
>         intMonths = intMonths - (intYears * 12)     'convert to months
> difference in the current year
>         sngNumDays = DateDiff("d", DateOne, Now)    'total number of days in
> the period
>         Me.Unprotect
>         'print the results to the row and column on the spread sheet
>         Cells(introw, 14).Value = "   " & intYears & " Years " & intMonths &
> " Months " & sngNumDays & " Days"
>         Me.Protect
>     Next
> End Sub

Hi Dean, You got lucky. I just read a solution to your problem on Chip
Pearsons website www.cpearson.com. I hope it helps. Apparently you can not do
it in VBA with the DateDiff function. Cheers, Ross.

Function Age(Date1 As Date, Date2 As Date) As String
    Dim Y As Integer
    Dim M As Integer
    Dim D As Integer
    Dim Temp1 As Date
    Temp1 = DateSerial(Year(Date2), Month(Date1), Day(Date1))
    Y = Year(Date2) - Year(Date1) + (Temp1 > Date2)
    M = Month(Date2) - Month(Date1) - (12 * (Temp1 > Date2))
    D = Day(Date2) - Day(Date1)
    If D < 0 Then
        M = M - 1
        D = Day(DateSerial(Year(date2), Month(date2), 0)) + D
    End If
    Age = Y & " years " & M & " months " & D & " days"
End Function

0
Oz (16)

Outlook Express Viewing Problem
I am working on a computer system with a strange issue: After two years of use, all of a sudden two days ago The e- mail subject, sender and date show fine, but the body of the message will not display [either in the preview pane or when opened individually]. Here is the system stats: Windows ME, Office 2000, Outlook Express v6.0, Fully patched. Here is what I have done: Virus scan, Ad-aware 6.0 scan Can anyone help? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite it...

OWA Issue #3
Hello Logging into OWA is fine. But once Im in, the status area on the botttom left of the window says done with an error flag. I open it up and get: Internet Explorer Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. Line: 15 Char: 30 Error: Object expected Code: 0 URL: https://my server/exchange/?Cmd=contents Has anyone seen this? What should I look for? How should I repair this? Thanks for any help. Thomas ...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Date shows as 01/01/00
We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed the format to Date 03/01/01 format but no matter what I do, any date is converted to 01/01/00. I have tried inserting a column, copying to another spreadsheet, etc. I know this is probably simple, but it's driving me crazy. Help please. In an un-used cell enter: =TODAY() if this is not the correct date, then touch CNTRL-ALT-F9 on the keyboard post what happens. -- Gary''s Student "Kmagg" wrote: > We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed > the...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Outlook express #286
> > when I click on a link on my e-mail via > > Outlook express, it should open the link right? > > it was doing so until yesterday. I've did a virus/spyware scan > > and nothing. this is a weird problem > > I have to copy & paste the link in my web browser. > > other wise it won't open it from outlook express. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can a...

Macro help needed........

Date Format Conversion?
I have a tab delimited text file with a column of dates. I copied and pasted a selection of them below as a reference, there are in reality over 35,000 rows of these dates. These text dates must be converted to the following date format and saved back into a text file as such: mm/dd/yyyy That includes leading zeroes in months and dates. E.g. 01/01/1999 To complicate matters, I need to explain the process to others. Does anyone even know where I should begin? THANK YOU, - Chris +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 9031989 8131990 9201989 1271990 10291989 1081990 3041990 10051989 4191990 10...

Need to test a mobo

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

How to access Customer Due Date for current transaction
Hi Everyone ? I am looking to display payment due date on the invoice for my customer when the tender type is store account Currently I have 2 type of due date : 14 days and 30 days So for example if invoice date is today 1 Sept 2010. I need to print the due date as 15 Sept 2010 How can I access the customer account due date in receipt ? I tried Customer.AccountDueDateType and I got error "token not found" anyone has an idea ? Thank you, Regards, Joie ...

I need Help

need help badly

Can't Access Links In Outlook or Outlook Express
I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could open links in my Outlook E-mail. This no longer works. When clicking on the html/url links nothing happens when using Outlook. I tried reinstalling but this did not help. Links will work however in SBC/Yahoo mail. I prefer Outlook. Can anyone help me? I am using XP Pro with 512 Gig Ram and a 80 Gig HD. Thanks in advance for any assistance. counsel2@sbcglobal.net <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 for my e-mail and until a few days ago could > open links in my Outlook E-mail. This...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Insurance Policies in Different Currencies
How do I set up Insurance Policies in different currencies ? I am using Money 2006 Deluxe and when I create a insurance policy, it takes the base currency as the default. Appreciate any help here. Thanks "sbmd2006user" <sbmd2006user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A342B0FB-5352-42E4-BB4D-3F755891436E@microsoft.com... > How do I set up Insurance Policies in different currencies ? > I am using Money 2006 Deluxe and when I create a insurance policy, it > takes > the base currency as the default. Money apparently lacks the capability you're ...