I need help insert a decimal other then directly to the right of t

I am importing a text file in to Excel.  The data for the amount filed does
not include the decimal place.  So I need to insert the decimal into the
number.  For example the data is

1234

I want to insert the decimal right in the middle as

12.34

I would greatly appreciate anyones help on this.
0
Law (3)

If you always want the last two digits to be after the decimal, then enter
100 in an empty cell, then copy it, select the cells you want to change and
select Paste Special.  Click divide and all of your selected cells will be
divided by 100.  Note that blank cells will now be 0.

"Law" wrote:

> I am importing a text file in to Excel.  The data for the amount filed does
> not include the decimal place.  So I need to insert the decimal into the
> number.  For example the data is
>
> 1234
>
> I want to insert the decimal right in the middle as
>
> 12.34
>
> I would greatly appreciate anyones help on this.
0
PegL (40)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Non delivery receipts for email I didn't send?
Hi, I have rec'd a NDR for an email that I didn't send. The details are below. The message is sent by "Ronald" but gives my email address. I have changed the email details to avoid spam problems. I have sent this onto our mail support but they say as the header is suppressed their is little they can do. Does anyone have any idea has this has happened? It has coincided with me being unable to send emails to anyone beyond our internal system - I kept receiving mail refused messages. The mail admin people have said they have resolved this by changing my email address? TIA for a...

Can't access
I just bought Windows XP and installed MS OFFICE Student Edition 2003. It doesn't have MS Publisher as part of the program. I really don't need Publisher anymore as I have several other programs that do the same for me, but I had Publisher 98 installed before and I have many files that are saved in Publisher. In spite of having reinstalled my Publisher 98, I can't open any of my files. How can I access my files so that I can save them in another program without having to buy a new version of Publisher I have Corel Word Perfect Office 11 -- Corel Draw 9 & Essentials -- Photo E...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

My Outlook 2003 follow up flags don't pop up as reminders?
I have used ollow up flags extensively before on previous laptops and previous server systems, but for some reason when I set a reminder on an outgoing email on my current system it doesn't pop up at the set time and go into the reminders task schedule - any ideas? For Outlook 2003 and previous, flags only work for items in the Inbox. Outlook 2007 fires reminders for flagged items in any folders. You can make it work for previous versions of Outlook by using this add-in; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/slovaktech_extendedreminders -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coautho...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Publisher 2002 Inserting a landscape page into portrait document
How can I insert one landscape page into a presentation consisting portrait pages? I understand the inserting of page numbers, but I can't find the page orientation. Publisher does not allow you to have different orientation pages. Group all items on the page and rotate 90�. -- ...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

I need Help

need help badly

Can't move mailbox
My question is similar to "Can't Purge Mailbox". I have one mailbox left to move in a migration from exchange 2000 to 2003, and it will not move. I can move it between 2000 stores and servers but not to exchange 2003. I recieve the following error when I try to move it: - <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1054005"> The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 There are no corrupted messages, I have checked each one. The mailbox size is under 200mb. This is the only mailbox left to move??? I ...

Windows update doesn't finish, why ??
Windows update doesn't go past "loading Windows update doesn't go past 1 of 15" It stays there doing nothing. What do i do?? Provide more details on your system. Operating System. Service Pack Level. Architecture (32 or 64 bit.) Last time you installed updates (15 at once?) successfully. What happens if you boot into Safe Mode. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html "Jim C." <Jim C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A59395EB-E564-41F1-9A3...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed