I need an excel plug in to save workbooks in adobe acrobat format

I used to have this feature on the toolbar, but following a severe recent
excel and outlook crash, it got wiped off !!

There seems to be no way to restore this essential facility, of choosing to
save excel workbooks in a pdf format instead of xls.

DOes anyone know how to restore it?
0
Brown (37)

Hi Chris, Try-File, Print, then select Acrobat Distiller. It will then ask
you where you want the .pdf file to be saved. Thats how it works on mine.
Hope that helps

"chris brown" wrote:

> I used to have this feature on the toolbar, but following a severe recent
> excel and outlook crash, it got wiped off !!
>
> There seems to be no way to restore this essential facility, of choosing to
> save excel workbooks in a pdf format instead of xls.
>
> DOes anyone know how to restore it?
0
Brewisc13 (6)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Saving in graphics format generates lines in graphic
I have produced a small logo using Publisher (2003 SP2). It has no borders. However, if I save it in jpeg, bmp, or png formats at least one line is included in the picture, usually one down the left and one along the top. I first noticed it when inserting them into Word, and thought it might be a Word problem, but further investigation using Paint showed that the line(s) did indeed exist. If I erased them with Paint, they stayed erased and could be inserted into Word without problem. So - I have a workaround, but it is tedious, and this does seem a Publisher bug to me. I don't se...

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

does not print but saves instead!
I have 4 profiles set up on my computer. When I use word on the main profile I can print normally. However when I try to print from word on the other 3 profiles it goes to save as and will not let me print. I have tried reparing office using my disc. Any ideas on how to restore the print settings? ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Date Format Conversion?
I have a tab delimited text file with a column of dates. I copied and pasted a selection of them below as a reference, there are in reality over 35,000 rows of these dates. These text dates must be converted to the following date format and saved back into a text file as such: mm/dd/yyyy That includes leading zeroes in months and dates. E.g. 01/01/1999 To complicate matters, I need to explain the process to others. Does anyone even know where I should begin? THANK YOU, - Chris +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 9031989 8131990 9201989 1271990 10291989 1081990 3041990 10051989 4191990 10...

Macro help needed........

Link to a cell in another workbook by name rather than absolute c.
I need to get data from a total cell in one worksheet into a cell in another worksheet. Because the source worksheet will have lines added to it, I wanted to reference the cell by its row and column label (e.g. "Jan Sales"), rather than by an absolute cell reference. I tried several variations and keep getting the #REF and #NAME errors. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Name the actual cell and then reference the cell's name. -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Need to test a mobo

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Excel 2003 prompts to save or overwrite
I have a few excel 2003 users that have xls files on a server, but they are the only ones using. Often, when they save, it tells them someone else may have changed the file, rename or overwrite. They are a bit concerned, It appears to be a mac services thing, I found the following MS article in support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491 But it doesnt mention a patch for excel 2003. Should the users just get used to hiting overwrite? Regrads -- Carl For Excel 2003 no patch has been issued AFAIK Follow the instructions for editing the Registry or continue hitting overwrite. ...

Help needed

Sheets in a workbook
Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine columns with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row in that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do this? Thanks in Advance Penny I assume that the destination sheet is not always the same but is dependent on the name in that certain column. So you have multiple destination sheets. I further assume that you want...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

Excel work sheets
Hi, I need a formula that will automatically pull information from one worksheet to another. I need to be able to seperate all of the plans, procedures ect from the main work sheet to there own. I have no idea how to do this, so any help with be appreciated. Heather You don't provide enough information for anyone to help you. Pulling information from one worksheet to another is fairly simple. But what information? Where is it? Where do you want it to go? You say "to their own". How is the destination identified in the source sheet? You have t...

How do I Create backup of excel file in other folder
Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, but I have traffic in my working folder, so I need the backup files to be in other folder. Using VBA< you can use the SaveCopyAs method and specify the target. -- HTH Bob Phillips "khalid" <khalid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A442EDF2-66D9-4F8E-A36D-13CFE12A22F3@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need the excel backup files to be saved in other folder. > I'v choosen "Always create backup" in the save option, ...