I need a macro to find cut and paste data to new cell

I have data that I have exported to excel that I need to reformat to be able
to create a pivot table to check for duplicate entries.
On importing the data which is in the form of journal entries the memo line
is stting above the journal numbers in column D. I need to find all of the
comments and cut and paste them to column C. The comments are not all the
same but do contain the same word "To" in the comment. The journals are not
all the same size and so the comment line does not appear at regular
intervals. Any help appreciated as I am very new to VBA
0
Rex1 (10)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

New message alert to mobile phone
Hi, is there any way to configure Exchange - possibly using OMA - to send a notification/alert to a user's mobile phone (via SMS) saying that a new e-mail has arrived for that person i.e. for security and privacy reasons we don't want any details of the e-mail sent just the fact that one has arrived??? Many thanks. ...

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Outlook 2007 Can't find older emails
Two of my coworkers were bashing Outlook today because the instant search wasn't finding some of their older emails. It seems to be emails that are older than about 90 days it can't find them. The pst files that contain them are definitely open in outlook and the indexing service said it was complete. On my box, same setup - outlook 2007 and windows xp - i'm getting the results i expect. its finding emails from several years back. Any thoughts? are there any "only index emails younger than X days" settings or anything like that? Thanks in advance! are they usi...

Macro help needed........

Link to a cell in another workbook by name rather than absolute c.
I need to get data from a total cell in one worksheet into a cell in another worksheet. Because the source worksheet will have lines added to it, I wanted to reference the cell by its row and column label (e.g. "Jan Sales"), rather than by an absolute cell reference. I tried several variations and keep getting the #REF and #NAME errors. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Name the actual cell and then reference the cell's name. -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Need to test a mobo

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

A full page of email text shrinks to one inch or less w/ new batte
I was answering emails and everyhting was fine. The batteries in my wireless mouse died. I replaced them and went back to answering emails. When I clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email shrank to about one inch. Changing the font size did not correct the problem. HELP it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase. Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button and changed it when you changed the batteries. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.o...

Help needed

Macro to sort a predefined list
I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area (A2:K103) on my sheet the same way as selecting the area manually and then selecting sort. Can this be done and how? Record a macro while doing this, then attach it to a button from the forms toolbar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <rob_summers@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:G3jEc.9827$pw6.5954@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com... > I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area > ...

Counting Data from Multiple Records
Colleagues, I am tasked to generate an Access 2007 report providing the number of times a person has participated in each of several positions at our events. The master table (tAllRecs) contains everyone's names and member numbers (key), among other things that don't matter for this report (addresses, phone numbers, etc.). The event table (tEvent) contains the Event Number (key) and a field for each of the 40 positions we need to fill at each event (fPos01, fPos02, fPos03,�). The report needs to list the number of times each member has served in ...

Deleting blank lines between data lines
Hi Everyone! I have a worksheet with about 2,000 lines of data. The problem is tha every other line is blank. I cannot sort here because some information is carried over to the third line. 1 data 1a 2 blank --> 3 data 1b 4 blank --> 5 data 2 How can I eliminate just the blank lines and maintain the order that the data list is currently in? Thanks! : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Phenom, One method that may help you. Say you had data in r...

Need help on this....thanks

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

I need Help

need help badly

adding columns past IV
Is it possible to expand columns in excel past IV? If so how? Can it go to ZZ? beyond?? Help Danno, Take a look at your other post in excel.worksheet.functions Sorry to say, a consensus has been reached and the answer is a resounding NO. Dan E "danno" <drobert@winnipeg.ca> wrote in message news:26b9201c38ea2$9185ff70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to expand columns in excel past IV? > If so how? > > Can it go to ZZ? beyond?? > Help Not in Excel "danno" <drobert@winnipeg.ca> wrote in message news:26b9201c38ea2$9185ff70$a601280a@phx...