I lost the cell view just below my toolbar.

I want to restore the window view just below my toolbar that shows what is
being typed into the cell I'm working in.
0
SJ (18)

Joyce,

click View, and tick Formula bar

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

On the menu bar, select:

View | Formula Bar

Regards

Trevor

"Joyce from SJ" <Joyce from SJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to restore the window view just below my toolbar that shows what is
> being typed into the cell I'm working in.

0
Trevor9259 (673)
10/5/2005 5:45:54 AM
Joyce
You have probably unchecked the formular bar accidentaly.
So go to View menu and mark the Formular bar.
If u do not see it in the View menu straight away, rest the mouse pointer on
the double arrow pointing downwards and then the hidden part of the View menu
will appear.
Hope this is helpful :)

"Joyce from SJ" wrote:

> I want to restore the window view just below my toolbar that shows what is
> being typed into the cell I'm working in.
0
Oblik (6)
10/5/2005 8:51:04 AM
VIEW > Formula Bar

"Joyce from SJ" wrote:

> I want to restore the window view just below my toolbar that shows what is
> being typed into the cell I'm working in.

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Decimal place formatting button doesn't work when some cells already have no decimals
Say I have 2 cells w/ values: 35 35.87 If I use the formatting bar button to drop the decimal places, nothing happens, and I get an error tone. My recollection is usually Excel "does the right thing" and will drop the decimals on those cells for what it can (and this is what I want to happen). So in what arcane place to I configure this to work the way I want it to? Thx Dear TrippKnightly I understand you want to show the cells entered as 35 and 35.87 as 35 and 36 respectively? To do this, highlight the cells you wish to format with no decimal points. And go Format/Cells...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Destroying a Toolbar
Hi, I have created a toolbar that is specific to a view(I have created in OnCreate of the view) and dockable. The user can close the toolbar by docking it and then clicking on the cross button. I have made a menu to restore the toolbar. I want to know what function should I use to restore the toolbar? Also what is the event generated when I close the toolbar? Can my view handle the generated event? Do I have to use CreateEx and LoadToolbar to restore the toolbar again? How do I destroy the toolbar programatically without the user clicking on the cross button? Any help would be welcomed ...

Shading cell in custom colour
Can I shade a cell in a custom colour, or is there a bigger choice than the default choices (I want a lighter grey than the 25% grey) Thanks -- Turnipboy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Turnipboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486869 XL can display only the 56 colors in the color palette. However, if you open the palette (Tools/Options/Color) and click Modify, you can replace any of the colors with a custom color. In articl...

How to Clear autoshapes out of a cell
I have a cell that has 10 autoshape squares in it. how can i just clear the cell of them? its part of about 100 other cells full of these shapes. the squares are tiny and to click on each one to delete or to group them and then delete is too time consuming. is there a better way? deleting the cell causes issues with the rest of the form, with me having to insert a new cell in its place.. I also have another Q if your a cell making wizard! this is basically an inventory worksheet for bunch of toys we use as decor. the stock on hand changes daily its set up as follows Item number: item...

Unlocked cell formatting
I have some cells locked & sheet protected. After the sheet is protected, all formatting tools get inoperative. I want the users to have choice for formatting unlocked cells. How to solve this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, I hope this make sense. If you go in the menu to TOOLS -> PROTECTION --> PROTECT SHEET Then you have the chance to allow user to format Cells, Columns and Rows by ticking in the small square boxes that are right below the space where you write your password. So, by ticking in these options you choose what level of protection you wa...

Pasting into merged cells
I have a merged cell in which I want to paste text from another cell. Every time I try get an error message saying that the cellsI have to unmerge the merged cells first, paste, and them remerge. Is there any way to avoid doing this? It is a real pain. If you copy only the text from the formula bar of the first cell you can paste it into the formula bar of the second cell without going throught the unmerge dance. Alternately you could just put a formula in the merged cell referencing the cell you want to copy from. You can than Copy-PasteSpecial-Values in the merged ...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

if cell is text move left one column

Counting multiple cells using a criteria
I am trying to count the number of times "c" appears in a column but I need to limit the count using a second criteria found in another column Try something like this... =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="c"),--(B1:B100="x")) If 'x' is a number, remove the quotes. Hope this helps! In article <F71A7941-FF3D-4907-B14F-9F1A4E6C5049@microsoft.com>, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to count the number of times "c" appears in a column but I need > to limit the count using a second criteria found in ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

why cant i view my docs but they print fine
i can print my docs but can not view them there fore i can not make any changes to the sheet Open excel Open your file Try Window|Arrange|tiled (in xl2003 menus) And see if you can arrange them the way you like. Save the file the way you like. mike edling wrote: > > i can print my docs but can not view them there fore i can not make any > changes to the sheet -- Dave Peterson ...

Cell combination #2
Thank for reply Gord. What I am looking for is to combine say hundred of first names i seperate cells into one single cell in which the data ( names) ar seperated by a comma. The Excel Help just show two cells, I don't know how to combine data o lots of cells into one with a comma between them ( data). Vincen -- vhopvist ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vhopvista's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1513 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26769 J.E. McGimpsey has some c...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

How can I increase value in one cell as value in other decreases?
In Excel 2003, I would like to find out how to make the value in one cell decrease by 2.18% each time the value in another cell increases by 10%. Thanks. Liz Do you want to trigger the decrease if the reference cell increases by 10% in one update, or trigger the decrease if the reference cell grows by 10% over its baseline value in a series of updates? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200758 "Liz Parkes" wrote: > > > In Excel 2003, I would like to find out how to make the value in one cell > decrease by 2.18% each time the value in another cell increase...

Chart should read as blank cell not as 0,it shows blank but reads
A B c 1 Project Start Date Jan-10 2 Project Duration 25 3 Project Cost 1000000 In B6 i wriiten formula IF(ROWS($1:2)-1>C$2,"",ROWS($1:2)-1) In D6 i written formula IF(B6="","",B6/$C$2) in E6 i writtend formula IF(D6<=33.33%,(($I$1*D6^2)*100),IF(D6<=66.67%,($I$2*D6+$I$3),IF(D6>=66.67%,($I$4+$I$5*D6+$I$6*...

Totaling Colored Cells
How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored? See http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <6DE0D3A6-99B4-4BEE-ADCF-5F91AC9FF560@microsoft.com>, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I get a subtotal for a range of cells that are colored? How do I create a macro to do this? "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > See > > http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm > > > In article <6DE0D3A6-99B4-4BEE-ADCF-5F91AC9FF560@microsoft.com>, > "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Can't view Header Text
Can't view Header Text in Microsoft Access, even though it shows up under "view header/footer" If you meant Excel and not Access, there is no way to show header text on screen unless you are in print preview. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:18:01 -0800, Prancer3 <Prancer3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can't view Header Text in Microsoft Access, even though it shows up under >"view header/footer" Actually you can see the Header and Footer Text in the spreadsheet - IF you are using Excel 2007. Choose View, Page Layout. -- ...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

fill cell based on percentage
I want to show graphically percentage values contained in some cells. Is it possible to fill the cell with a color up to the percentage value? I now use square symbols but I want to improve the result, and I prefer not use a graph. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I assume you are using an approach similar to the one described here, http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip052.htm If so you can use the Full block character (? Unicode &H2588 Arial font) to create a solid bar. Cheers Andy enri < wrote: > I want to show graphically percentage values...

Averaging only cells with data
I have a column with 31 rows. In select cells, there is a number. I want to average the numbers. How do I average only the cells that contain data, ignoring blank cells? Thanks! Excel 2003 It will only average the cells with numbers. Make sure the blank cells ARE blank. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "Randy Lefferts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16d501c4d6e7$46e0bee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a column with 31 rows. In select cells, there is > a number. I want to avera...