I deleted all macros in Excel but still get dialog box

I  created a macro in excel and decided not to use it so I deleted it.  I
made my other changes, saved the file and when I open my excel file I now get
the dialog box that prompts me to: "Disable Macros... Enable Macros.....,
etc".  I don't want this box to appear and can't seem to find anywhere on how
to prevent this from happening. I have no macros so don't know why this keeps
appearing.
0
VenitaC (2)

You need to remove the module as well. See
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros for details.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"VenitaC" <VenitaC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I  created a macro in excel and decided not to use it so I deleted it.  I
> made my other changes, saved the file and when I open my excel file I now
get
> the dialog box that prompts me to: "Disable Macros... Enable Macros.....,
> etc".  I don't want this box to appear and can't seem to find anywhere on
how
> to prevent this from happening. I have no macros so don't know why this
keeps
> appearing.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
9/19/2005 5:13:07 PM
Thank you so much!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> You need to remove the module as well. See
> http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros for details.
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> "VenitaC" <VenitaC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I  created a macro in excel and decided not to use it so I deleted it.  I
> > made my other changes, saved the file and when I open my excel file I now
> get
> > the dialog box that prompts me to: "Disable Macros... Enable Macros.....,
> > etc".  I don't want this box to appear and can't seem to find anywhere on
> how
> > to prevent this from happening. I have no macros so don't know why this
> keeps
> > appearing.

0
VenitaC (2)

Need Assist with Macro
I want to import manual PM checks. Since IM v10 no longer has a direct-to-table adapter (thanks, MS :)), I would like create a mail merge macro for the task. I am having trouble with the Apply Payables Document window and the "need" to specify the line number (i.e. MoveTo line 2, TypeTo line 2, etc.). Anyone know how to get around having to specify the line number? This is the test macro I have thus far which works with TWO. Thanks in advance. # DEXVERSION=10.0.320.0 2 2 CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form 'PM_Manual_Payments' window 'PM_Manual...

Excel not calculating anything
Hello, I just installed excel 2003 and when I type in a function (specifically, =CONCATENATE(A2," ",B2) ) It just adds that to the cell I'm wanting the results in. It does this with sums as well. I am very novice at excel, but I do know how do do the minor functions. Can anyone tell me if there is some option I have unclicked or clicked that won't let excel calculate anything? Thank you Hi It looks like you have the calculation set to manual {press F9 to calculate formulas manually, or check Automatic in radio button on Calculatin tab of Options window (Tools.Options ...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Change case in Excel
Good morning all, I have received a private e-mail from someone trying to help me, I think, but am not certain whether this is legit, or an attempt to get me to install a trojan of some sort. Does anyone know of Shailesh Shah (shahshaileshs@hotmail.com)? I figure that if this person is writing such good code, such useful utilities, then he should be well known to this community, or at least he should. I had e-mailed this group in February asking for some way to change the case of text in certain cells, and the link Mr. Shah sent me is as follows: http://members.lycos.co.uk/shahweb/ ...

Getting an error in my xml schema editor code.
Hi, I have an xsd file like this. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="generic" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="generic"> <xsd:element name="bookstore" type="bookstoreType"/> <xsd:complexType name="bookstoreType"> <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="book" type="bookType"/> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="bookType&q...

How to open Excel sheet with more than 64000 lines
I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this large? You need to upgrade to Excel 2007. "mgoehring" wrote: > I am using Office 2002, and have received Excel files with greater than 64000 > line items. Is there a way , or an update, with Excel 2002 to open files this > large? Yes, but not more than 65536. For that you would need Excel 2007. -- David Biddulph "mgoehring" <mgoehring@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Reserved words get 'redefined'
Hi All, A couple of times I've 'redefined' reserved words such that I end up corrupting my database (Access2K). For example, I set up a query and set a field's name to 'DESCRIPTION'. From that point forward, Access thinks I'm referring to the 'DESCRIPTION' as opposed to Description (as in MsgBox Err.Desciption). I recover by going to my backup copy of my development database and recreating anything that I've changed after confusing Access. Does anyone know if, buried in the guts of the database, I can correct this type of error? Perhaps in a ...

Get paid to download free software!
Do you have a computer? Do you have Internet Access? Download ONE piece of FREE software and earn BIG! It's EASY! It's REAL! http://133779.PlugUsIn4Cash.com/ ...

Unable To Read Certain fields in Linked Excel Sheet to Access
I am using Acc 2003, but Acc 2007 should work the same (I think). I have linked an excel spreadsheet into my Access database. Almost all of the fields are available and can be read. There are a few fields that I can see in Access, but its in Excel. These fields were using a VLookUp function in excel to get the value from another excel worksheet. Also the linked excel sheet has fields that I believe should be text (in Access), but its was set to be a number. I am unable to change this. Is there a way to resolve this issue for me ??? I also assume that if I was to rea...

Using c# object in Excel VBA
Hi All I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom") I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects? thx for help Michael I'm kind of stabbing the dark on this one as I've never worked with a C...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Excel General Ledger
I need a General Ledger template to run my small business. Does anyone out there have a general ledger format already developed for excel they want to share? "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9C319B6-7315-46FB-9674-209E0C0692F1@microsoft.com... > I need a General Ledger template to run my small business. Does anyone out > there have a general ledger format already developed for excel they want to > share? I'm sure you can find one here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx /Fredrik Here's simple templat...

getting info from 2nd spreedsheet
H First I'm new to Excell. What I want to do is retreive info from a 2nd worksheet. I have the first which is a list of part numbers and Qty's (my inventory) and a 2nd from the manufacture which has prices, descriptions etc. I would like to look at a PN on worksheet 1 and look it up on worksheet 2, find the price, and enter it in a colume (cell) on worksheet 1. -- rbell Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway It sounds like =vlookup() or =index(match()) would be a good choice (depending on how your data is laid out). Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.co...

How to delete chart

SmartHosting, but still carries my IP in the header
I've seen several people with this same question, but I've not seen the exact answer I'm needing. Here is the situation. I have a BellSouth ADSL connection with a static IP address....at least it is a "static" DHCP address, meaning I always get that one, but it is listed as a dynamic to the rest of the world. It is the IP that my MX is set to. Well, I have recently had trouble sending to some domains. I have found that those domains are filtering my mail out because there is no PTR record and Bellsouth lists this IP as dynamic. So, I setup a smart host to forward all...

Migrating Macros to new log-on
We've just been migrated to new servers, and with them came a new log-in. I had a whole bunch of macros under my old log-in, and if I go back to it, they're still there. How can I move them to the new log-in? If I just have to re-key everything I can do that, but I hope there's an easier way. I'm using Excel 2000 on an XPSP2 system. Thanks in advance. Macros can live in the workbooks in which they were created or in Personal.xls. You also could have placed the macros in a workbook and saved it as an Add-in(*.xla) If in Personal.xls, you must find that file a...

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email