I'd like to send a spreadsheet via mail using Lotus Notes (using .

Hope someone can help,

Seems Microsoft only allows mails to be sent via Outlook... that can't be
right?!?!? Anyone had any luck setting Excel up to work with Lotus Notes, so
that its possible to send spreadsheets as e-mail body text using to menu
command 'send to mail recipient'?

Eagerly awaiting your comments.
Kind regards, Paul
0
Johnston (9)

hi,
I am not sure if this will address your problem. i have
gotten info form this site. it might help you.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm
:)

0
anonymous (74723)
10/7/2004 11:13:47 AM
You need to change your settings in internet explorer to solve this.

In Internet Explorer goto Tools>Internet Options click on the Program
tab and change the email program to lotus notes.

Let me know if this works

--
dcronj
dcronje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=528

cant send my resume!
i live in a "free Wifi" town so i dont have an ISP to call to figure out what i need to send out my resume. its in MS and i have outlook 03 and it wont let me send the darn thing! ive gotten close but i dont think my URL is right cause im tring to get it out of my Gmail account. do i have to have an ISP or am i gonna have to go to Kinkos. pleez help! -- love cooking not typing! How big is the file, and can you describe exactly what happens when you try to send it? What town do you live in - who is the ISP providing the WiFi? "jennbenn" <jennbenn@discussions.micr...

I would like to
I would like to have the Sales rep printed on the receipt, how do I accomplish this? Craig, Download the Receipt - 40 column with Sales Rep from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu You must have access to CustomerSource. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** &qu...

how do I retrieve mail into two seperate mailboxes
in outlook 2003 I am trying to set it up so that two different mail accounts are loaded to two seperate inboxes in outlook 2003, so far both accounts are loading to the same inbox You'd need to create another 'inbox' folder (different name) and use rules. fritz7627 wrote: > in outlook 2003 I am trying to set it up so that two different mail > accounts are loaded to two seperate inboxes in outlook 2003, so far > both accounts are loading to the same inbox ...

WMI to use or not to use
(1)What is the downside of using WMI? (2)Can I distribute the MS WMICORE or just suggest a user download WMI for Win not having WMI like Win98 etc? I would like to use some WMI calls in my VB6 App. Specifically to get Serial Port information. (3) If not WMI, then what APIs will give me Serial Port info? (4)How do I check for WMI other that error trapping in a wrapper? "Bee" <Bee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37F39B6C-F47C-42B5-A79E-4654D2520502@microsoft.com... | (1)What is the downside of using WMI? | (2)Can I distribute the MS WMICORE or ...

Send as Permissions Disappearing
Hi I am one of a few network admins for a college network. I am trying to apply send as permissions to a few mailboxes in Exchange. I have read and followed 327000 and have waited 2 hours for the Information Store refresh. These permissions then take effect (long enough to be tested) but if left for a few hours they seem to disappear. If the permissions are re-applied, it works for a bit and then disappear. The exchange server is a member server of an AD network. I have created a test account to monitor this but the permissions stay which is confusing. One of the accounts I am trying ...

using outlook for email
I have windows xp and also office 200 premium.however, when i try sending an email while using explorer, i receive a message that reads "either there is no default mail client or current client cannot fulfill messaging request.Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client. I use AOL and have no problem sending email when i use it, however, when i use explorer i can't. is there a way i can set it up to be able to send an email? do i always have to open aol to send one? also, i have no idea how to configure it.also, when i try to set outlokk up, it asks for a postof...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

e-mails never arrive
It's happened now a couple of times. People send me e-mails that I never get. The person phones me and says, "Did you get my e-mail?" My answer is "No." "OK, then I will resend it," they say. "When you get it give me a call." An hour later I call and say, "Uh, I didn't get it.Why don't you read me the e-mail address you have for me." After confirming that the e-mail address they are using is correct, I say, "Why don't you delete my e-mail address, reenter it, and then send me another e-mail." Thirty minutes lat...

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

Mail Merge to Email with Contact Cards Attached
Hi, I am creating a mail merge to email for a large number of our customers. To that mail merge I would like to add a number of contact cards as attachments. So far I haven't found a way to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks, Joe Joe <joe@microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating a mail merge to email for a large number of our > customers. To that mail merge I would like to add a number of > contact cards as attachments. > > So far I haven't found a way to do this. Can anyone help? > > Thanks, > Joe You can't use attachments in mail ...

Read receipt Setting via Rule
Is it possible to set a "Read Receipt" request via a Rule? I am using Outlook XP I can set my Outlook to Always ask for a Receipt, but I don't want to do that. I can do it individually, but I would prefer an automated feature depending on message content eg those mails always sent to a specific e-mail address Thanks In news:siH8g.9037$j7.305360@news.indigo.ie, John <johnddd@yahoo.commie> typed: > Is it possible to set a "Read Receipt" request via a Rule? I am using > Outlook XP > > I can set my Outlook to Always ask for a Receipt, but I don...

What does attaching a toolbar to a spreadsheet do?
I have created a custom toolbar which I'd like to use on approximately 30 spreadsheet. Everytime I assign macros to the toolbar buttons it uses the macros from the latest assgned spreadsheet. How do I assign a toolbar in a one to one relationship to a spreadsheet? Hi Example from JKP ***************** About toolbars: You can attach a toolbar to a workbook. When this workbook is loaded, XL checks if the toolbar is on the system. If not, it copies the toolbar from the workbook to the system. After creating *or changing* the toolbar, you should attach the toolbar to your workbook: - ...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

Japanese OS IE can't send emails in OWA
Do I need to install a language pack or option for OWA to work on computers with Windows XP Japanese OS? In Exchange 2000/2003 running on Windows 2000/2003, go into control panel, regional settings, and on the languages tab install the files for East Asian languages. John Fullbright "Rob" <rob@segredo.us> wrote in message news:O2PvSetgHHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Do I need to install a language pack or option for OWA to work on > computers with Windows XP Japanese OS? > > Thanks John! "John Fullbright" <fjohn@donotspamnetappdotcom&g...

Send/Receive upon SEND of message no longer functional
Until recently, when an originator pressed Send, the message was sent. Now, some users are experiencing transfer of the message to the outbox, and send does not occur until the next log on into Outlook. No changes to the SEND/RECEIVE configuration were made. In fact, the "Send immediately" check box appears to be ignored. This is OUTLOOK 2007, latested SP for Office... "Bradwin" <Bradwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C00C871-3FEB-4A09-97EF-54FD07A3663D@microsoft.com... > Until recently, when an originator pressed Send, the mes...

Embedded e-mails in Outook get converted from .MSG to .EML
Hello: Exchange Server 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP3 I've put a call into MS and they haven't come up with a solution yet. Here's the situation: User sends attached/embedded e-mail (.MSG attachment) outside the company. It doesn't matter if the new message is plain text, HTML, or rich text. Before the message hits our e-mail gateway appliance, it gets converted to a ..EML file. Our gateway blocks .EML files, so the message never makes it out. Now this is the odd thing: I have the same issue when I test this--I use the same exact version of Outlook and Word (2...

recipient e-mail address isn't valid
This just started this weekend. Whenever we send an email using an outlook address book entry, we receive the following: Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists: 'Noel Foster <walterwt@gmail.com>' The format of this recipient e-mail address isn't valid. A valid address looks like this: username@contoso.com. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the recipient e-mail address and try sending the message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator. _____ Sent by Microsoft ...

using CRM email
When using CRM email, when it comes out of our exchange server has "SPAM:" in front of the subject and "CRM 0000000" (crm number) at the end of the subject. How can we stop that from happening. Hi Richard, that, obviously is the works of your anti-spam software installed on the Exchange and you need to tell this software not to mark internally originated emails as spam. The reason why CRM emails are marked as spam is precisely because of the unique number at the end. A lot of anti-spam systems raise spam ranking significantly once they detect identifiers in the sub...

Exchange 2003 SP2 and Intelligent Mail Filtering
From the Exchange MMC -> Global Settings->Message Delivery->Properties->Intelligent Message Filtering. There is a function called Gateway Blocking Configuration. You have a number of options if the message meets the assigned numerical threshold. One of those options is to archive the message. Archive the Where? are we to use osmossis to know where the message goes. Who did the UI for this? I certainly hope they didn't get a 3.5 for this and I do hope their POM or GPM see's this message. It wasn't a very well thought out addition, regardless of intent. -Ro...

Send Messages
I know how to restrct who you can receive delivery messages from with Exchange in Active Directory users and computers. How can you restrict who a user can send mail to? I want to make sure a user can only send and receive mail from a list of six users. George Hi George, Thank you for posting here! According to my knowledge, there is no built-in feature in Exchange or Windows to restrict the recipients on users. Your understanding is appreciated. As a workaround, we may have to prevent users and groups from receiving messages from the particluar user at ADUC->a user Properties...

send/receive not work automatically in OL 2002
I'm new to Outlook 2002 after having used Netscape 7.1. I cannot receive email automatically. I have to click the Send/Receive Button to get new messages and that does work. In Netscape the messages are downloaded automatically and I also tried Outlook Express, which downloaded automatically too, but this is not happening in Outlook. I'm stymied. I have DSL. Account type is POP/SMTP I've gone to Tools> Options> Mail Setup> Send/Receive> Setting for Group "All Accounts"> When Outlook is Online > Schedule an automatic send/receive every 7 minute...

User sending email 12-07-09
Is there away to find out what the IP of the computer that in email is coming from. I have a user that is sending email from Outlook and I want to see what their LAN IP is on the network. I have an Exchange 2007. I have looked at the Message Tracking but it show the IP of the exchange server as the Client IP. Thanks Ed ...

Improve Documentation on Notes and Comments
One area that I believe the online help could really be improved upon on screen level help. To understand the difference between the notes and comments, how they are stored, and availability on forms. I had never paid attention until it became an issue I was asked about. Anyway, just a thought for future improvements from MSBS. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ope...

How do I use the data consolidate function?
Hello, I have one large spreadsheet that includes several scores for the one item eg: a 1 a 90 a 21 b 2 b 50 c 2 c 2 c 45 c 40 c 1 etc. I would like to know how to use the data consolidate function (in simple terms) to consolidate all the scores for a, b and c for example. So the final score for a=112, b=52 and c=88 I understand I could go through the spreadsheet and highlight the values to get a total for each item but the spreadsheet is quite large, approx 30,000 rows and 2.5 alphabets of columns... I am hoping that the data consolidate function will be useful in this regard....

Cannot Send to external domains
Need some help. I can send internally with my smtp domain but cannot send externally to any domain. I get this error message: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'user@external.com'. Subject 'test 03', Account: 'smtpdomain.org', Server: 'smtp.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@external.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 -- Regards M H ----------------------------------------------------...