I am wondering if someone could help me solve this equation

A car wash makes $4000 profit on sunny days and loses $4000 on non-sunny days.
Assuming independence, if it is sunny 75% of the days, (and, therefore NOT
sunny 25% of the days) what is the expected (daily) profit (or loss) for the
car wash? (MEAN = EXPECTED VALUE)

Let me know via email or can you please forward me to someone who can help
me with this formula? Thank you.
0
Miles (62)

"Miles" wrote:
> A car wash makes $4000 profit on sunny days and loses $4000 on
> non-sunny days.  Assuming independence, if it is sunny 75% of the
> days, (and, therefore NOT sunny 25% of the days) what is the expected
> (daily) profit (or loss) for the car wash? (MEAN = EXPECTED VALUE)

This has nothing to do with Excel.  You should post to a sci.stat.*
newsgroup.  But FYI, they normally do not answer homework
assignment questions.

PS:  The answer is 0.75*4000 - 0.25*4000 = 4000*0.50.

Help with changing alpha string to Numeric
Please forgive me if this is a duplicate question. I am trying to Change an alpha string to a number. It works in one case and not the other. I am using the msgbox for trouble shooting. The txtPOtoRMATransision and txtPOtoRMATransision2 were added during the troubleshooting process. They are unbound txtboxes. The control source for Me.txtRMANumber is numeric - long integer. It works for PM0000193-2 and not for PM0000193-20. Hope this is clear. Happy New Year to all! ' Change PO number to RMA # if Customer Number is 1 ' Change PO number to RMA # if Customer N...

Help on Registry
How can you create a 30 day demo by storing the installation date in the Windows Registry? By using the registry API: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/registry_functions.asp?frame=true As far as the "30 day demo" goes, I think there are multiple ways of doing this, each with their own merits. The most obvious thing is to not use a key/value name that indicate what they do. For example, if you named the key "ExpireDate" and set the value equal to some recognizeable date, that would be a recipe for disaster. Instead, use a key name that is vague ...

How to block someone
Dear Folks, I need to block someone whos been really bothering me... I dont like the 'move to deleted' folder, cause I keep my deletions, so I still see his emails. There is another option that says dont download from server, but that action can only be applied 'After' arrival, and im finding that im still getting this. I had put this person also in the blocked sender list. So ive got him listed 3 times, and still his emails are coming through on outlook express to my desktop. Are my rules conflicting with one another? Is that the problem? Please tell me the best way to ke...

How do I send help link....?
Hi! How can I send a link that takes the person to the help file on their machine...of course I'm assuming that we all have the same Office suite installed and that the location of my help files are the same as the other persons. Am I clear? TIA Raymond ...

problems in VC++ project (plz help me!!!)
Sir, AOA' I m a student of final semester of post graduate in computer science i m doing a project i encountered a problem in windows message handlers actually, i have made an application that creates a control so called "kodak image edit activex control" [winnt,vc6.0]on click of a button but now i want to use the control's builtin class functionslike flip(), SetImageControl() etc. on the message handler of that control like OnLButtonClick, OnRButtonClick, ...but alas that class "CImgEdit", that comes when we add the control [Add to project\components\regi...

it works now
Thanks for your patience - this is what happened and how it was fixed. I am not sure I understand the exact problem - and why the fix worked. I would like to know for sure. Our ISP today changed DNS servers - we had 2 setup in DHCP. They called and told us that server 111.222.333.4 was to be replaced with server 111.222.333.5. I changed the DNS server settings on the DC. A short while later our Exchange email failed to send or receive. We have Exchange 2000 on a separate server from our Windows 2000 DC. We are using POP3 mail not Exchange mail - don't ask I did not set it up. All users co...

Mistake, please help !
Hi all, System: Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Here is my problem, I was changing the Permissions configuration on an Global Address List named "CLIENT address list" and I have created an entry for the authenticated users group with the full control DENY permissions. And now I can't see this "Client address list" anymore under Exchange system manager. Because the domain admin is also an authenticated user I can't see this GAL. Under ADSIedit I can see the name of this Global address list but that's it, I can't open it or delete it.... My question is...

Save as Web Help
Is there a way to save a workbook as web without losing the functionalities of formulas that were created and VBA scripts? If so, how? ...

Check Database Error (HELP!!!!)
I am trying to process a stocktake, I get to the calculate screen, press commit and it keeps coming up with timeout error (after only 5-6 mins) and quitting out of Store operations manager, so I tried reindexing it, and that completed fine and backed up database which also completed fine so then I then did Store operations admin check database facility and I got the following error Error -2147212540: Table error: Object ID 453576654, index ID 1, partition ID 72057594041925632, alloc unit ID 71805844660813824 (type LOB data). The off-row data node at page (1:2840), slot 18, text ID 23597...

Help! How to sort addresses by street then by #......
(NOTE: PLEASE E-MAIL REPLY DIRECT AS WELL AS TO THE GROUP, AS MY SERVER OFTEN GOES DOWN, ETC....THANX) I'm having difficulty sorting addresses for my delivery route..... From the example pasted below, you can see that Holland St is spread out throughout the column....I need to group/sort this column so that it would look like this (example 110 Holland St 111 Holland St 112 Holland St but instead it looks like this, (below), and as you can see, Holland St is spread out all over the column! Help?? thanx: 163 WASHINGTON ST 169 HOLLAND ST 169 HOLLAND ST 169 HO...

Any Help Would Be Wonderful!
Ok, here goes... I have a sheet that I am creating here at work that is going to trac the hours worked and time off that our drivers have. So far it' working out just fine except this: When a driver has worked 70 consecutive hours they need time off unles during that time they have 34 consecutive hours off. If they do acheiv the 34 hour mark for time off then the cycle goes back and starts at 7 hours available to work. If not, then you keep subtracting the hour worked from 70 until it's 0 and they have 34 hours off. I hope thi makes sense. My question is about the If/And statement. I n...

My Excel 2000 shows 97 worksheets grey-blank
Having transferred my Excel 97 spreadsheets from my Desktop (Windows Me) to Excel 2000 on my Laptop (XP), I cannot read them. They appear on my Laptop screen with File Name (blue top line), Menu Bar and Tool Bar - but the workspace is totally greyed out blank. Neither 'Compatibility Wizard' nor 'Save As' in all Excel File Format. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd try: Window|Arrange|Tiled Maybe, the window is just off the visible screen??? MG-Trophy wrote: > > Having transferred my Excel 97 spreadsheets from my Desktop (Windows Me) to > Excel 200...

Help
3 or 4 days ago while simply working, my computer suddenly turned off and rebooted. Could hear it after that working away doing something so I feared virus. Running XP. Later tried to access my Outlook 2000 email with no success. All pst gone & Outlook no longer useable. Got message saying Unknown error 0x9CD40111, problem with files in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst. Ran virus software with nothing showing up. Bit the bullet and tried taking Outlook off and reinstalling but no success. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Help Needed Badly
I have idea either it was virus or the power failure. my system crashed and when it was re-started the database file is gone and am left with a file named "Database" I have tried to open the file and am getting the following errors ID IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE and another error I get is PARENT ID NAME IS NOT AN INDEX IN THIS TABLE Pls pls pls someone help me recover the data. Help needed extreemly urgent Thank You aamer Please Also Note Am Using Access 2007 "Aamer" wrote: > I have idea either it was virus or the power failure. &...

Print Help
I am having a file with 22 pages. How can I print all this in one click Please Help. Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements try this Sub printwb() ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "itty" <itty.xv57y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:itty.xv57y@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I am hav...

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Y By X Chart with points.
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to build a chart with the following info: Points 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Variety 1 7.1 5.6 4.8 5.8 4.8 4.2 5.2 Variety 2 5.5 5.5 5.2 6.5 4.3 6.2 3.6 Variety 3 2.3 2.8 5.0 7.6 4.3 6.1 5.7 Variety 4 8.4 8.2 6.1 6.1 6.6 9.0 7.0 Variety 5 15.8 21.8 15.1 7.2 18.0 19.7 12.5 Variety 6 6.2 1.8 1.6 5.9 6.4 7.2 3.6 Variety 7 3.0 4.7 6.6 6.0 4.3 6.4 2.9 What I am trying to do is have the Variety 1 etc on the vertical axis and the point data on the horizontal axis from low to high. There are duplicat amounts in the point data but this is ok. I need the points ...

Help! Someone is sending Spam through our email server
We are only a small company so not sure how to handle this. Someone is sending spam from our Exchange 2000 server. Hundreds of people are getting Spam from our email address! How do we stop this from happening? Please help! Thanks Hello, If someone complains that they are getting a lot of messags where sender's domain name matches your domain then you cannot do a lot to stop this. Anyone can send messages forging your email address. One solution for this is to use an SPF record. Refer to http://spf.pobox.com However, if they say that your SMTP server is sending spam (meaning messag...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
It's a small problem but I wanna format ALREADY!! I have outlook express 6 and I have saved my e-mail folders, but I don't know how to put them back into their place after I format. I have put it back into the mail folder directory after I've formatted and when I opened OE 6 they weren't there. Is there a special way to do it or is there no way at all? Please someone help. I need to Format my computer is going mental! Alex This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try po...

Syntax error help
Hi All Please could someone let me know the correct syntax for adding a text string requirement for the sql statement below. Or am I going about this the wrong way? This is a button on a form so that the user can click it to show all the records with the stated. Thanks in advance. Mike StrSQLAllveh = "SELECT TblJobCard.FdJobCardID, TblJobCardJobs.FdJobType," & _ "TblJobCardJobs.FdJobCardJobDescription, TblJobCard.FdJobCardCloseDate, TblJobCard.FdVRN, " & _ "TblJobCard.FdJCNumberText, TblJobCard.FdCustomerID, TblJobCard.FdMotin, TblJobCard.FdMO...

How do i solve allignment problems in emails?
When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even when it is perfect before i send it. Why is this happening? And how do i fix it? Where is the alignment off? Are you sending the email as an attachment or as the body of the email? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "HeatherH" <HeatherH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69AF5488-AF4B-418B-9DB0-BB9DD078885C@microsoft.com... > When i email a publisher document, the allignment is completely off, even >...

Help w/ dialogs and com objects
Hello, I have created a simple MFC Dialog and made a static method that once called will create an instance of the dialog and runs the DoModal(), say this function is named LaunchDialog. I then created a simple COM object and added a method that calls LaunchDialog(). This COM object's method is being called from inside another dll and the dialog is failing to show because the hInstance that is being used internally (inside dlgcore.cpp) is either zero or incorrect. How can I fix that? Regards, Elias COM Servers are usually Regular DLLs, which necessitates using AFX_MANAGE_STATE macr...

Equation Numbers, inserting field
I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc. When I get to equation 27 it needs to be AA, then 28 will be AB...) next to. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs. I would like to have both the equation reference and the text paragraphs to update if I add an equation to the middle of the document. I know I should use a field code and cross reference it in the tex...

Help with Update Query
How do I setup my code so that the following query will fire only on the items on form match the order number? UPDATE tblItemSerShipLog INNER JOIN tblLocationDataC2 ON (tblItemSerShipLog. SerialNum = tblLocationDataC2.SerialNum) AND (tblItemSerShipLog.Item = tblLocationDataC2.Item) SET tblLocationDataC2.OrderNum = [tblItemSerShipLog]. [OrderNum], tblItemSerShipLog.CustNum = [tblItemSerShipLog].[CustNum], tblLocationDataC2.Shipped = Yes, tblLocationDataC2.DateShipped = [tblItemSerShipLog].[TransDate]; -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www...

[Publisher Help] Need Templates for Job Ad Posters!
I'm trying to create posters for branding a job opening (I work for the recruitment marketing division) to be put up in the top institutes of the nation (we're hiring IT freshers). I have just Office 07, and want to make it happen with Publisher. Was looking for templates to download or create. Please Help! There are all sorts of posters you can get ideas from on the Office web site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=poster&av=TPL000 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Niranj...

Dynamic Chart Help!
I want to create a line chart showing monthly data from April 2001 up t and including the current month. (ie, my data will be expanding eac month.) I currently receive the data in a spreadsheet and any month that ha not yet occurred contains a zero. I keep reading about Dynamic charts, but I have no idea what they ar and have never 'named' a range before, so can you given me a dummie guide to doing this please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Christine - Making a dynamic chart is not too complicated, but you can't just read about it, you have to work through ...