I am trying to sort but it says the merged cells must be the same.

When I try to sort my spreadsheet a box comes up that says "This operation
requires the merged cells to be identically sized"  I have no merged cells in
the speadsheet and all the cells are exactly the same size so I am not sure
what is going on.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks
0
Stephanie (81)

Do the following:
CTRL A
CTRL O followed by E
You should now be in the Format Cells menu. Select
alignment and uncheck the "Merge cells" block. You may
have to click it twice to clear it. Click okay, then try
your sort again.

0
anonymous (74717)

Find cell value within table
I would like to find if the cell value of A1 exists in table A2:AA450 I have tried with ISNA and Match but Match does not seem to work as I have more than one column and row: Match(A1,A2:AA450,0) returns #N/A Any idea? thanks -- caroline Maybe =countif() would work: =if(countif(a2:aa450,a1)>0,"it's there","nope") caroline wrote: > > I would like to find if the cell value of A1 exists in table A2:AA450 > I have tried with ISNA and Match but Match does not seem to work as I have > more than one column and row: > Match(A1,A2:AA45...

How do I delete rows based upon the content (without sorting the .
After importing an ASCII print file, I'm now trying to get rid of the headers and footers. Any suggestions on how to do this in a automated fashion? Try something like this: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=20 **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "cev" <cev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C114D60-7FED-4B5E-BDCE-96F803BC83E5@microsoft.com... > After importing an ASCII print file, I'm now trying to get rid of the headers > and ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Text wrap in merged cells
Is there a way to get text to wrap in cells that have been merged. Example: A2:C2 are merged cells to get the width needed. Text is placed in A2 that is greater length than the merged cells. I would like the text to wrap but can not seem to get that to happen if cells have been merged. Hi Chuck If the merged cells are A1:C1 and your text is longer than the merged cells, then try merging cells A1:C2 and also ticking the wrap cells, and the unseen text will apper on row 2. Yours, Mathew "Chuck Dorn" <c.dorn@gwccnet.com> wrote in message news:1df501c3e041$07386ba0$a50128...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

for Dino Dataset merge
This thread started before xmas. Sorry I have just got back. Yes, I have javascript on the client to manpulate the xml so there are no server pulls for add, change and delete rows. I have a commit button to send it all back to the server. Is there an example of how to handle this? doing a server pull for every little action is quite crazy. mark sorry John Smith, I don't recall what it was we were talking about. Can you refresh me? > Is there an example of how to handle this? > how to handle _what_? -Dino "John Smith" <johnsmith@microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Sorting in Excel
Hi. I have in sheet1 in Excel 5 columns with data. The A column has names, the B age, the C skills, the D salary and the E a code number (as text). Every few days I add some new names at the end of A column (also the other data in B,C,D,E) and sometimes I delete a few names. I would like to find a formula to transfer all those data in sheet2, exactly the same way, but in ascending order by the name. (With few words I try to find a way to auto sort and transfer some data.) Th. I would do this by writing a macro to: 1. Clear space for a sorted copy of your table. 2. Copy the ...

How to mail merge multiple rows in one document 03-11-10
Hi, I have a worksheet that lists subscribers of a service. It looks something like this: Organization Name Title Email ACME CO. Smith, Sam CEO ssmith@acme.com ACME CO. Jones, Bill Staff bjones@acme.com Each organization has one president and multiple staff members listed (between 1 and 5 staff members). I want to email each president, through mail merge, and give them a list of all the current subscribers from their organization (data from other rows in the worksheet). Is this possible to do (using Office 2...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

CRM 3.0 Mail Merge Question
Hello everyone, Can someone tell me how to create a popup window in MSCRM SFO 3.0 Mail Merge. I need a popup window to let the user know that the field in the mail merge template is "null". The user does not want to have to read the document to make sure that all database fields are there. I have tested out a script to place text in the document at the location of the field but I need a popup window to alert the user. ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Merged Post Cards
Hi I have previously asked the question and I thought I had the answer from Mary Sauer but it is still not right. I am trying to create an A4 sheet landscape with 4 invitations on each sheet. This is merged with a spreadsheet so I have a number from 1-150 on each card. Each printed sheet needs 4 cards with different numbers. I also print information on the reverse so when the reverse is printed it needs to line up. I am either getting only 1 card on each page or all the numbers are the same. I can either use 2007 or 2003 whichever is easiest. Thanks Debbie Phippsy, If you have your d...

Embed tags in email for purposes of sorting
Hi, I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to searching through the forum. I'm a bit new to outlook so my apolgies if I missed the answer in my search. I'm an architect and work on a large number of projects concurrently and would like to be able to automatically sort my email by project. Currently I have some rules set up but I get a lot of email from the same sources related to different projects. I can't find any real common thread to sort messages but would like to develop some method of sorting my email by project. One method I would like to try and that should...

Counting coloured cells
Is there a way that I can count teh number of cells in spreadsheet/column that are in a certain colour? i.e. certain cello have been manually highlighted yellow becasue they maqtch a certai criteria but I need to count how many of these there are? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi using a procedure from Bob Phillips and Harlan Grove you may try the following: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3)) to count all red cells (background color) within the range A1:A100 or =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100,TRUE)=3)) to count all red cells (font color) within the range A...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Sort WBS Codes
I have WBS codes exported from project, how do I sort so that eg 1.8.3 comes before 1.8.10. Obviously text sorting will put the 1.8.10 first. If you add some columns after the column with the WBS codes, you ca select the WBS column and do a Text To Columns funtion from the dat menu. Choose delimited and select a period as the delimitor. The sort by the new columns. You can then delete these columns. You may want to copy the WBS column first so you don't have to paste i back together after the sort. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi John you may apply the proce...

Only print the filled cells?
Hi, I am doing an ordering excel "tool" :) , where its possible to orde among tousands of products. I would like to as the user chooses to print the orderinglist, only th filled cells should be printed, and not 100 pages, understand? :cool: The orders are daily and the user threats like about 20 companys at th same time, so if C2 (C1 = "Company 1") is filled and D5 (D1="Company 2 then i would like the produkts on A2 and A5 with those companys printe automatically... I understand you can use autofilter, but then the (dumb) :eek: use would have to do it every time,...

Mail merge template and relationships
Hello I have made a new relationship there is making a lookup to accounts, and put in the field on my Oppotunity form call Partner, I have no problems making a lookup in that field and save the information. Now I need to make a mail merge from my qoute, and I need to have the address infomation in my Qoute, but I only have the name of the partner.... Hope you can help -- Best regards, Anders Jeppesen MCP, MCTS, MPV CRM Gruppen ApS Hi Anders, may be http://crm.georged.id.au/post/2008/01/18/Poor-man-mail-merge.aspx can help? For more advanced solution without the restrictions look a...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

Exchange rate information must be entered before selecting a Check
We are trying to utilize the Cash Management Module in GP for the first time, and we are running into this error. We are currently not using multicurrency. We found KB 970223 (linked at the bottom): As described in the article: 1. We ran 'Select * from CM00100' 2. Found the Checkbook IDs that did not have a Currency ID 3. Ran 'update CM00100 set CURNCYID = 'XXXX' where CHEKBKID = 'YYYY'' After following those steps, we ran the select statement again and the tables were updated correctly. However, inside GP we still get the same error when ...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...