I am looking for a date add-in using a calendar

I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in
each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you
click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like
when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and
you can choose what ever date you want.
0
Elfchick (3)

This is a fantastic idea for a VBA project.  You should re-post in the
Programming group.
--
Gary's Student

"Elf_chick" wrote:

> I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in
> each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you
> click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like
> when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and
> you can choose what ever date you want.
0
GarysStudent (1572)
11/25/2005 11:56:10 AM
Ron de Bruin has some tips/links at:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

Elf_chick wrote:

> I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in
> each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you
> click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like
> when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and
> you can choose what ever date you want.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> This is a fantastic idea for a VBA project.  You should re-post in the
> Programming group.
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "Elf_chick" wrote:
>
> > I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in
> > each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you
> > click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like
> > when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and
> > you can choose what ever date you want.
0
Elfchick (3)
12/2/2005 12:25:02 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I actually went through just about
all the posts after I posted this until I found your tip/link to someone with
a similar question and ended up using it. Thanks again.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Ron de Bruin has some tips/links at:
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm
>
> Elf_chick wrote:
> >
> > I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in
> > each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you
> > click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like
> > when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and
> > you can choose what ever date you want.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Elfchick (3)
12/2/2005 12:34:02 PM
Remember that you can search google, too.

http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel*

--

Dave Peterson
0

You can find his web page at:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/
You can try a free trial version. You can also obtain the
source code.

Pieter Vandenberg

: "Gary''s Student" wrote:

:> This is a fantastic idea for a VBA project.  You should re-post in the
:> Programming group.
:> --
:> Gary's Student
:>
:>
:> "Elf_chick" wrote:
:>
:> > I am doing a spreadsheet with dates and instead of individually typing in
:> > each and every one, I was wondering if there was an add-in that when you
:> > click on the cell, a calendar pops up and you choose the date. Kind of like
:> > when you're in Access and you click on the date and the calendar appears and
:> > you can choose what ever date you want.

Using CHtmlView in my ActiveX control
I have a class CHtmlViewEx inherited from CHtmlView, the document of this class can be edited. I create a activex using MFC in vc.net 2003, in this activex control I create a CHtmlViewEx object and show it. The problem is: When I press "Enter", CHtmlViewEx will insert a <P> at the end of the "body" tag. I press "Backspace" to clear it, when there is no text in the control, CHtmlViewEx will insert <P></P>. I hope that CHtmlViewEx will insert a <BR> when I press "Enter" and won't insert "<P></P> when I press &...

footer date
Is there a way to automate the changing of a date in the footer only when a change has been made in the data. e.g. Revised on <date>. Excel doesn't have a feature that changes the footer when a cell is changed. You could run a macro to make it easier to enter the new footer, e.g., ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = _ "Revised on " & Format(Now, "m/d/yyyy") -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Using Workflow to render and email a report
Hope someone can help me. My requirement is to use workflow to render a report and email it. I am indebted to Guenter for http://geekswithblogs.net/guentersblog/archive/2006/05/22/79193.aspx Using this as a basis for constructing a solution - and I have it running ! But, only by hardcoding network credentials with which to call rs.render Workflow runs in Network Service (CRM SYSTEM user) context so can't use default credentials to call it And I don't want to use report stored credentials I can get user name/guid into the workflow module to impersonate using callerid for the crm service...

How do I open a com port using Excel visual basic
Has anybody got any code that would help me ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Highlighting date cells before the event elapses
I need to set up an equipment calibration chart. This means that I will need to look down the chart and see if a piece of equipment is due for testing (about 2 months should do it). If anyone has any ideas about how to flag up the cell with the due date I would be hugely appreciative. I'm using office 2000 (I think) Hi lots of ways to approach this .... depending on how much information you want stored (ie do you want a history of equipment calibration or are you just going to keep last & next dates for each item?). if you want just last & next then one way would be .........

Use Macro to Format UserForm Object
I have a UserForm with dozens of textboxes on it. I periodically need to change the formatting of the textboxes and I been trying to write a macro to do it to no avail. Here' what I thought would work but it doesn't. HELP PLEASE. THANKS Sub ChangeFonts_Click() Dim Boxes As Long With editForm For Boxes = 1 To 78 ("TextBox" & Boxes).font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Bold" .Size = 10 Next End With End Sub Try this code instead and see if it does what you want... Sub Chang...

Add quartiles and mode functions to pivots tables in Excel!
If anyone knows of a custom function to calculate quartiles in the pivot table feature in Excel, you'd improve my life! What about the mode function? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f...

share custom calendar wtih mac, export custom fields
Hi, I have two questions 1. Is it possible to share a custom calendar form with a mac user so that they can use it? 2. How do I export my custom fields when I export my calendar. Basically, we are trying to use our calendars to gather some custom data on mac and pcs. Then we want to be able to export the calendar data and the data collected in the cusomt fields 1) Not possible. 2) Outlook doesn't support exporting custom fields directly. Quick and dirty method: 1. Put all the items from your form in one folder. 2. Use a table view to display all the data fields t...

Outlook 98 Calendar and MS Exchange SBS2000
Whenever "User A" accepts an invitation made through the Calendar function of MS Outlook 98, the answer of course is sent back to the inviting person. But also 3 other users, without any apparent reason, receive the acceptation message. There are no "Outlook rules" set up at all, and the 3 receiving users don't belong to an existing group or alias. They have in common though that they all worked in a team headed by "User A" though, but there is no apparent IT related instance or setup reflecting that common aspect of them. How can we get rid of this ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Creating a graduation program border using text
Hi, I am creating a program for a graduation event. On the front cover I would like to create a border using text from a poem or a bible verse. I have no clue how to create a border using text. Please share any ideas you have on how to do this. Thank you so much! You would have to create text boxes to fit and rotate the sides and bottom. Your best solution is a draw program. DrawPlus is free. Usually draw programs have *fit text to path*. http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "werjones" <werjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Calendar Icon Brings Up Archived Calendar
My calendar icon/button in the lower left of my screen operated perfectly yesterday, giving me my current calendar. Today, I click on the button and it gives me Calendar in Archive Folders. How can I just click on the calendar button and obtain my current calendar? -- Thanks loads, Ron Version of Outlook? If you select the current calendar, does it go back to the archive calendar? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subs...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Using Office 2k3 functionality via Information Bridge Framework
Hi all, Firstly, I have overcome many obstacles by reading these newsgroups. Keep up the good work! My CRM installation is ready and I was confronted with the lack of front-end application coupling. Functionality like typing letters should be coupled to Word, as well as making a quote. In my opinion that is. Now I found the IBF (Information Bridge Framework) which should make my life easier. Although during install, I get the following error: "Microsoft CRM is not installed on this computer" Which is absurd, because it is installed and working properly! I followed the diffe...

Add Table to Report
Hello I have a question about Crystal Reports. I'm using mscrm 1.2 on server and Crystal 9.2.2 on a xp client. I can modify reports in crm everything works fine. Now i want do add the owning user in opportunity report. therefore i ned to add a table where the ownin user name is inside. How can i get this working. Are there any ressources or documentation on crystal reports with mscrm1. TH Hi, if you only want to add the name of the owning user, then use the field "owneridname" which is in the opportunity "table" (this tables don't correspond 100% with exis...

Which Reporting Component RMS uses
which reporting component RMS uses. It's very simple and easy for customer to get any report he/she wants. Is it a special component? XtraReports? ActiveReports? Crystal Reports? How did microsoft implement the end user designer i.e. allow users choose the fields to display etc. Thank you for any help ...

eConnect 9.0 Date Format
I'm posting transactions to GP 9.0 Receivables, SOP Invoice and Project Account Misc. Log Transaction using C# in Visual Studio with the .NET eConnect Assembly. Each of the transactions require one or more "Date" fields such as the Invoice Date or "doc date". Each of these transactions fail with the message "Date not in correct format". I've looking in the PA10200 (Misc. Trans Log Header) Table after manually entering a Misc. Log Transaction in GP and the date is in the format of "2006-05-06 00:00:00.000". In the eConnect examples the date...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

Can't add any more space to the 3rd page of a report
I'm receiving this mssg if I try to drag some fields further down the report: The control or subform controls too large for this location. The number you entered for the Left, Top, Height or Width property is too large or is a negative number. Reduce the size of the control or subform control, or enter a positive number. I can't increase the spacing either by dragging the page bar down either. This is on the 3rd page on my report. I have two other full pages with page breaks on this same report. Any suggestions? -- Anne ...

Union Query
A union query I developed has suddenly stopped working. The syntax is: SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 1] UNION SELECT * FROM [myQuery - Part 2]; Pulling up each query individually works fine. When i run the above union query I receive "Invalid use of Null". The number and order of the columns in each query are identical. Access 2003 here. Any ideas what could be the problem? I suspect it is the VBA code that you are using around the query, not the query, that stopped working. To confirm, does your query is executable from the query editor? If it does not, you also confirm t...