I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table

I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as
currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up
as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but
it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on
the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the
pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a
macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the
same workbook and that would be a pain to run the macros every time I refresh
the data. I'd like to just resolve the problem. Any suggestions?
0
H (152)

You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose
PivotTable>Select, and click on Enable Selection)

Before formatting cells, use the selection feature to select the
cells. For example, move the pointer to the top of a column in the pivot
table (just above the column's heading cell). When the black arrow
appears (like the one that appears when the pointer is over a column
button), click to select the column in the pivot table. Then apply the
formatting.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Outlook keeps asking for profile
Hey, I don't know exactly which newsgroup to put this in, but here I go. We have a custom made program using Sybase SQL as database. It has the option to send/receive replications through email using MS Outlook. The problem is that when the external application creates the email to be send, outlook always shows up with a screen to select the profile to be used. I cannot find anything to stop it from asking that question. There is only 1 profile on the computer, so this cannot be the problem. When it asks for it the first time, I also have tried selecting the "use this as d...

Exch 5.5 Removing Sites from Org but must keep email delivery to them internal
We are removing two sites from our Organization, but need to keep emails to them in the future from going out through the internet and be delivered internally. How can this be accomplished? Also, is there a white paper which details how to remove sites from the organization? My Exchange server was the first server brought up in the organization. Other sites are Exchange 2000 with AD connectors to me, but I am Exchange 5.5. This is part of the clean up prior to my migration to Exchange 2000. ...

Determining How An Existing Cell Is Formatted ?
ello, Is it possible to see how a particular is formatted for ? I did a little experimenting, and it seems that if I put in text, or numbers, and go to Format Cell, it "seems" to indicate the Format is General, for both. Is there some command that would return an inquiry to a text cell as it truly being "Text" ? And, I understand that text when entered shows up to the left of the cell, numbers to the right. If I change the left-right position with the Alignment buttons, does this change the actual Format of the cell ? Thanks, Bob See help on Information Function...

date formatting #4
I am trying to get the dates in a column of dates to change color when they become 90 days older then the current date or to change when they already are. Then, at a glance I could see the dates that are 90 days older then the current date. I am using =now() as the current date. Select the column of dates, say A1 to A10, then: <Format> <Conditional Formatting>, Select "Formula Is" in the first box drop-down, Enter this formula in the next box: =A1<NOW()-90 Then click on "Format", and choose a display color to your liking, Then <OK> <OK>. ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Registry keys to set HTML format
I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a permanent basis Reg <ab@commarc.co.nz> wrote: > I am looking for the correct registry key to set the mail > format to HTML and disable word as the editor, on a > permanent basis In Outlook, click Tools>Options>Mail Format to set the mail format to HTML and disable word as the editor. -- Brian Tillman [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\M ail] "EditorPreference" "UseWordMail" It's best to use t...

double line format button only formats single line when added to .
When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format when using this button. It's a bug. There's a workaround in the following thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com AlwaysLearning wrote: > When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, > Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button > to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format wh...

my laptop keeps crashing!!!!
like more than once a doy my laptop crashes and i have no clue why i have tried everything if someone could help me it would be awesome! the screen turns blue and all this stuff comes up and i dont no why! help! Make a note of what the "blue screen" says, as it will give you a lcue as to what is happening. Most likely is it a hardware/driver issue that is causing it. If this computer is still under warranty, you may want to get is checked out at your nearest authorised repairer. You may also want to go to the website of the laptops manufacturer and download and insta...

Formatting in the formula bar
When i type in a number into a cell in my worksheet, say: 42.99 Excel automatically rounds it to 43. Which is what i want and what i set it up to do. However, the number in the formula bar also rounds to 43. Normally i thought the formula bar stayed at 42.99 and only the spreadsheet cell rounds to 43. I am using Excel 2000. Please help asap as i need the formula bar to stay at 42.99 so i remember what the original number was!!! Hi maybe you have checked 'Tools - Options - Calculation - Precision as displayed' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beccy wrote: > When ...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

adding various numbers to value of one cell
I need to add different numbers in column A to the value in C1. (A1+C1, A2+C1, A3+C1, etc). Is there an easy way to get Excel to do this without having to manually input the formula in each cell? Thanks one way>copy c1>select the cells to goto>edit>pastespecial>add -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Boze" <zebozette@mailhot.com> wrote in message news:O2mGq9HpHHA.4516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need to add different numbers in column A to the value in C1. (A1+C1, > A2+C1, A3+C1, etc). Is there an easy way to get Excel t...

i need to add number in existing field when a form open
i need to add number in existing field when a form open for example when i open the form automatically add No. 1 and sum numbers in existing field thanks On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 06:14:01 -0700, Spier2vb <Spier2vb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I am not sure exactly what you mean, but perhaps the DSum function would work for you? Look it up in the Help file. You can use it as the ControlSource for a textbox: =DSum(...) -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >i need to add number in existing field when a form open > >for example > >when i open the form au...

Can I do an automatic number on tickets I designed on Publisher?
I have designed tickets for a charity function. They are 2 columns by 4 rows. On each of the ticket I have put a placeholder for the ticket number. I have been trying to figure out is there is a way to have Mail Merge or another function automatically number the tickets. Anyone have suggestions? Using Publisher 2003 from MS Office for Small Business 2003 Thanks A tutorial by Brian Consecutive Numbering (2002, 2003) http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Steve in ...

Re: average using Pivot item calculations #2
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

keeping conditional formatting after paste
I am making a large spreadsheet that others will use and they will have to paste large amounts of data onto the spreadsheet. The issue is that when they paste their data the conditional format that I set up for them is removed. Is there a way to lock the format in place and let them paste still? I would be happy with protecting the sheet and allowing paste to still be an option. Instead of simple 'paste' try using 'paste special' > 'values'. This will then only paste the copied value into the new cell's format. Hope this helps "ericahug...

unexpected conversion trouble

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Serial Numbers
From my understanding, if a component of a BOM is tracked by serial numbers, when assembling the bill the serial numbers are automatically assigned as per the vaulation method (i.e. FIFO). Is there any way, when assembling BOMs, to force the selection of component serial numbers? In the real world items don't get taken off the shelf according to FIFO. I realize you can manually override this when assembling, but I don't want it to make an automatic selection at all in the first place. Also is there any way to enable automatic linking? We have two components that we always want ...

Always Reply in HTML Format
Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I know the security issues and the reason why its set up the way it is, just curious though. BigZ No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, BigZ asked: | Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always | redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I | know the security issues ...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

Telephone number for Telefonica Windows Live Call
Hi. Having trouble adding minutes to my account. Anyone have a phone number or e-mail for either Telefonica or Windows Live Call that I can contact for help? Thanks! Greetings, Supposedly, if you head over to: http://support.live.us.telefonica.com/?Country=US&Language=en Choose Payment and Balance Problems on the side, and then choose one of the "problems" listed, then choose " If you are still having trouble after the above steps, please Click Here ", you'll reach a form to assist. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Mes...