Hyperlinks to OneNote opens Chrome not OneNote

A few days ago these same links worked. Now whenever I click them Excel
opens/switches to Google Chrome (my default browser).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Vista Business, Onenote 2007, Excel 2007

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Excel Closes all open excel files when I close one
If I double-click 3 different .xls files to open 3 different excel applictions, I find that they all close at the some time when I close one of the windows. I am closing the windows by clicking the "X" in the upper right corner. I am using Excel 2002 sp2. ...

unable to open existing Publisher file
I have Publisher 2003 and I have been unable to open a file that I saved previously. As soon as I choose the file and click on "open" the whole program shuts down. Hello, I am having the same problem. Did you ever get in resolved? "Sandy" wrote: > I have Publisher 2003 and I have been unable to open a file that I saved > previously. As soon as I choose the file and click on "open" the whole > program shuts down. How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/198256/en-us If none of the above h...

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

The database cannot be opened...
Access 2007, Windows 7 ... When attempting to run a simple import from Excel, I was getting "The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted." Tried a lot of suggestions from the net, none worked. Uninstalled Access, then re-installed. Now getting ... "Microsoft Access can't find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed, or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has been disabled". There's nothing there in ...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Suppressing Alert messages on open
I have an automatic refresh from an imported source. I've set the profile so the refresh is done when the excel file is opened. But an alert message with 2 selections is presented. One to do the refresh and the other to skip the refresh. I want the refresh to stay automatic and wonder if there is a way to suppress the alert and default to always force a refresh from external source? Hi Bob, Include this line in the macro: Application.DisplayAlerts = False When the procedure ends, Excel automatically resets the DisplatAlerts property to True. Source: Excel VBA Programming for Dummi...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Outlook 2003: Unable to print email from right click menu unless item is opened
I am a new user to Outlook 2003. In my prior version, after I would read the e-mail message in the inbox, I would right click the message which would bring up the menu. When I click "Print" I get a dialogue box which says "Please open this HTML message to print it." How can I bypass this and just print it without fully opening it as I was able to do in the prior version of Outlook? Thank you! ...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Cannot Open Links in Email
Hello. When I get an email that contains links, Outlook will not let me open them. I click on the link, it goes to a blank screen, the computer processor is working (because I see the hour-glass), but it never connects to the website. It just sits there forever. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I am using Outlook 2003 (SP3) with Windows XP Media Center Edition (v 2002, SP2) on a Dell XPS 400 desktop. I keep all my updates current. ANY help would be appreciated!!! This is driving me crazy. Thanks, Jessi An update... I have discovered that if I open Internet Explorer fi...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS CAN'T open
I can't open up outlook express. I get this message: this comes up first: OLE could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express Message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x800700e) I click ok and than this comes up: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly. I have reinstalled Internet Explorer 6.1 (I think that was it) that contained Outlook Express. I have deframmented t...

hyperlink problem
i have three columns that make up my pdf file names i.e. example: columnA=2010, columnB=03, columnC=33 (my file name is 20100333.pdf). i want to have a column that opens corresponding pdf files. moreover i would like the function to look up for the files in the same drive that my excel files relies on. i have all these in usb and i change many computers so each computer may give a different drive letter name to my usb. can i achieve something like that? p.s. i want to open the pdf file directly, not through the internet explorer. ...

Excel document not opening
I recently had a hard drive go sour on me. I was however able to pull the documents off the drive. On one of the files I try to bring up I get an error saying "unable to read file". It sounds like it is corrupt to me. Does anybody know any workarounds to be able to get this document running or at least pull the data off and try to import it into a new document? Thanks in advance, Steve Steve Try recovermyfiles.com for their utility. This will recover lost Office documents. There was a free copy on the December edition of PCPlus magazine in the UK t...

Choosing Mail applet does not open Inbox
Using Outlook 2003, and Windows XP Pro with SP2.. If I have an applet (not sure if that is the right word for the different tasks of Outlook) other than "Mail" selected in the left pane, such as "Calendar", and then I click on "Mail", I would expect it to go to my Inbox. But instead, "Personal Folders" is selected in the Folder pane, and in the main pane I see "Personal Folders-Outlook Today", same as when one first opens Outlook. I then have to click "Inbox" in the folder pane to open my inbox. It is fine to have "Person...

Delete all Hyperlinks and Actions
Hi, Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? Thanks Only with vba code AFAIK -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Cazzy123" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to see and delete all Hyperlinks and Actions in one go? > > Thanks ...

Why do my charts not opening correctly ?
I have a document that was originally done in the previous version Excel. When I open it up on the newer version of Excel, my charts do not look correct. When I go back to my XP machine, the charts are correct. Hi Yvonne, The truth - because you are in a different version. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Yvonne Hawkins" wrote: > I have a document that was originally done in the previous version Excel. > When I open it up on the newer version of Excel, my charts do not look > correct. When I go back to my XP machine, the charts are correct. I hesitate to an...

Associate Macros to a Hyperlink
I would like to associate a simple macro to a hyperlink so when click on the hyperlink, excel would go to a certain sheet and change its zoom. Can anyone help me on how to do it? Thank you MJO Hi you can use the worksheet_followhyperlink event to achieve this. E.g. put the following code in your worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) If Target.Range.Address = "$A$1" Then 'insert your code here End If End Sub The above will process your code if the hyperlink in cell A1 is invoked. HTH Frank Maria João Oliveira wrote: > I...