Hyperlinks in Office documents

WHen I insert hyperlinks  in a local document, I browse to the (other local)
document that I want to link to.  For some reason, those links periodically
turn into c:\. . . applicata_data\office, etc. hyperlinks and they break.
Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening?

Thx
0
Joyce (21)

Hi Joyce,
what did the hyperlink address look like before and after -- complete link.
how did you enter the hyperlink
what version of Excel

You can only have one workbook with the same file name  (example.xls)  open
at time.
---
HTH,

"Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D37DCDF6-2B60-43CE-96BA-E27B602184FB@microsoft.com...
> WHen I insert hyperlinks  in a local document, I browse to the (other local)
> document that I want to link to.  For some reason, those links periodically
> turn into c:\. . . applicata_data\office, etc. hyperlinks and they break.
> Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening?
>
> Thx

0
dmcritchie (2586)

excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally
hi I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally the other word pages are vertical thank you amandio c Hi Amandio See reply in public.fr.excel Cordially Pascal "AC" <mail@amandioc.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 42883e1a$0$25089$a729d347@news.telepac.pt... > hi > I want to insert an excel table in a page of a word document, horizontally > the other word pages are vertical > thank you > > amandio c > > ...

Office Updates

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

When you move a document to a folder how do u retrieve it back?
How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? Open the folder and open the document - use Save As to save to a different location. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, SteveG asked: | How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics
Results of Microsoft Office (2007) Diagnostics: "Update Diagnostic — Unable to access a required file" I get this everytime even after I have Selected the "Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems" check box in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Publisher, and InfoPath as advised by the 'Results of Microsoft Office Diagnostics' webpage. What can I do to have Office recognise that this setting has been selected? -- FrancisM ...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

How to create the shortcut of document on the Desktop?
Hello. I'm creating new document from my template and I need create the shortcut this document on the Desktop via VBA. How to do it? Thank you very much. Look at the following to create shell shortcuts: http://officeone.mvps.org/vba/create_shell_shortcuts.html - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html "avkokin" <avkokin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:76d7e9e5-4f74-4b33-9ce5-359cdec62a78@r11g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > Hello. > I'm creating new document fro...

GP 10 and MS Office
I have a general question regarding Dynamics GP v.10 and MS Office. We currently run GP 9 and Office 2003 and are looking to upgrade to GP 10. Is GP 10 dependent upon Office 2007? Will users lose any current functionality if we remain on Office 2003? I also would like to upgrade my GP 9 to GP 10, but what are the benefits of doing so? Is GP 10 stable? "maatthias" <maatthias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08E758DA-BB20-47D8-A7DD-B9E923DDED4A@microsoft.com... >I have a general question regarding Dynamics GP v.10 and MS Office. We > currently r...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

office X will not start
Hello all bright Mac OSX Users: I have a major problem starting any programs on my Ibook. It began with multiple documents open and I hadn't restarted my computer in many weeks, just using the sleep mode. When I restarted, I was unable to start any Office X applications or Explorer. The icons would just bounce in the dock. I have researched and fiddled with it for a week or so, now when I start the computer there are no icons on the desktop and using the dock no programs will start. From my reading I sense the problem has to do with corrupted user files. I tried to fix the permission...

out of office to all senders
I want my out of office message to go to all senders whenever they send a message, not just one time but everytime. Any suggestions? UncleWylie wrote: > I want my out of office message to go to all senders whenever they send > a > message, not just one time but everytime. > Any suggestions? It's not possible in Outlook. It only replies once per session so that you avoid mail loops - if both you and the receipt use autoreply to every message, you'll create a loop that has the potential to bring down the mail server. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] &#...

Excel 2002
Hello, I've got a problem with formatting changes not updating in linked document... Simply put, if you have a document that has a linked cell to another worksheet, the formatting ie...COLORS doesn't change when you change the source document with the linked document??? Yes, for instance text will be updated... but again, not formatting like making it BOLD or changing the colors of the text! Any ideas... I did see a KB article 1009182 regarding a problem linking WORD with Excel... but not Excel with Excel and the formatting not holding... it possibly is the case with Excel to Excel ...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Resizing Pictures Causes Word to Jump to Beginning of Document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello - after I paste a picture and then change the text layout to &quot;tight&quot; Word typically jumps to the beginning of the document, sometimes taking the picture with it, sometime just putting the cursor up there. Any help on how this might be fixed would be appreciated. Go to Word>Preferences>View and turn on "Object Anchors" so you can see what you are doing. Then click the picture, and an Anchor symbol ⚓ will appear somewhere on the page where you pasted the picture. ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

RMS SO & HQ Solution Design Document
Hi all, I need an urgent reponse from you people.One of my client is asking the Solution Design MSword document of RMS.As u know that Company always submit their documents to client like Operation Analysis & Solution Design.Can anyone has any template document of RMS who shows working,flows,features and everything regarding RMS Store Operation & HQ or separately.This is very important document which we should have.If anyone is having this document plz mail me at junaid_mr@hotmail.com. Any suggestion OR thoughts? Prompt response will be highly appreciated. -- With Regards Junai...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Problem with Product Key for Office 2003 Basic Edition
A computer at my workplace has had the hard drive cleaned by an IT person. However, now we do not have our Microsoft Office on there. We have used the disc to reinstall the programs (we need Excel and Word) but when attempting to reinstall, it says the product key is invalid. I spoke with a Microsoft rep who said that the key is probably still active from when the computer was first setup. The suggested posting here for getting a regenerate key, otherwise we need to speak with a telephone technician who will charge a fee to do this. Can anyone here help with this problem? ...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Spanish update for Office 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel What has happened to the Spanish update? It was available for download a few hours ago? It is defective? Yes, it is. It should never have appeared. Someone hit the wrong button. If you attempt to install it, you will probably trash your installation :-) On 12/3/08 9:53 AM, in article ee935b5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ajgb@officeformac.com" <ajgb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > What has happened to the Spa...

Win 98 with Office 2000: Outlook problem
Dear expert, I use Outlook 2000 SR1 (Exchange client): Outlook illegal operation caused by <unknow> ..... (or outlook.exe) When I am close the HTML email then back to Outlook screen. It caused! Rich/plain text is no problem if Word is default email editor! rgds, David with so many thanks! ...

Office Live Add-in for Office 2010
Any plans to release an update to Office Live Add-in for Office 2010 to open and save documents to Office Live Workspaces? It's my understanding that for Office 2010, Office Live Workspaces has been superseded by SkyDrive, for which no add-in is needed in Office 2010. Eventually, documents stored on SkyDrive will also be able to take advantage of Word/Excel/PowerPoint 2010's new co-authoring feature. To get started there, visit skydrive.live.com. You get 25 GB of free space, which is a bit more than we had using OLW. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Bl...