hyperlinks corrupted when emailed

I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise.  The links work on the sheet until it is emailed.  I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue.  The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive

Thanks in advance
0
anonymous (74722)

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

pop emails
Gurus. I have an exchange server 2000 and a remote client using outlook 2000, he connects to the internet using a public phone number from an ISP, then his outllook looks for our mail.domain.com and our exchange starts to download emails to his computer when the client hits send/receive I think this is how it works. My question is where does my exchange store this email that will be downloaded later to the clients computer?can I control what is to be downloaded? Thanks ...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Server giving send failures for unsent emails
I have just taken over management of an Exch 2003 site and am having the following issue: One user is receiving delivery failure notifications from the server for non-existent emails. The delivery failure report says that the sender is not the person to whom the delivery failure notification is sent. The scenario is like this: postmaster@ourdomain.net (our exch server) sends a non-delivery report to ceo@ourdomain.net for an email that is purported to be sent by notreal@ourdomain.net (notreal is not an AD user and there is no 'notreal' email account). An example report follows:...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Corrupt Folder?
Using Outlook 2003, WinXP SP2. This probably occurred by me trying to add an Exchange connection to my existing profile, see my other posting "Exchange in Same Profile with POP and MSN". Now when I go to TOOLS / Email Accounts, under "Deliver new e-mail to the following location", I see my 2 main OST files and a blank entry. How can I get rid of the blank entry. I believe it may also be related to a root level Mail folder that shows up in Outlook in my folder list with no title, just the icon. Doesn't appear to be inside my 2 OST files since the icon is at t...

Create just an email user
How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox (and not to login to a client computer)? What about removing it from "Domain Users"? Thanks! You can't. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Gaspar" <noreply@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:uxLkgA6kKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox > (and not to login to a client computer)? > What about removing it from "Domain ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Outlook 2000 email filters
I need help in setting up porn filters. Please Harvey harvey <hdarnell@selu.edu> wrote: > I need help in setting up porn filters. Please You can edit your "Adult Senders.txt" and "Junk Senders.txt" files with Notepad, adding to them whatever domains you wish to block. Use the Organize wizard to enable Junk and Adult filtering. You cannot modify the built-in body filters Outlook uses to scan incoming mail. For more control, get a program like http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/. -- Brian Tillman ...

I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going?
I have recently upgraded and am no longer using Outlook Express, but now have Microsoft outlook. (using Windows XP home) Since this upgrade, a couple of months ago, I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going? how can I get around the problem? What version of Outlook are we talking about here? Did you remove the account from Outlook Express already to make sure they aren't downloaded by OE? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Ollie"...

Emailing sites
There have been times while browsing the Internet I wanted to send the site to someone. The Email is created. I press Send and it appears to have done just that, however, it is not sent. It is not until I open Outlook to check for incoming mail that previous outgoing Email is sent. Is there some way to have Outlook automatically send mail from the Internet site without first having Outlook open? Thanks "C J" <weshom@comcast.net> wrote: >Is there some way to have Outlook automatically send mail from the Internet >site without first having Outlook open? You g...

MIssing Email #5
We have an Exchange 2003 clustered environment. I have user's complaining that they are not receiving some emails. We have receive alot of emails during the day and I have a user atleast once a day that says that he/she never received an email. I checked Message Tracking and I don't see the emails there. However other people on exchange that were cc'd on the emails receive the emails. Can you help? are these internal emails? or email from the Internet? "AJ" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OJf4dZ$VFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have an...

Sending Email Problems
Hi, We are having problems sending some email to a certain account. We get this error: The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. Please contact your Administrator. Any ideas? Thanks That sounds like it is an error on the receivers end not yours "Joe" wrote: > Hi, > > We are having problems sending some email to a certain account. We get this > error: > > The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. > Please contact your Administrator. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > ...

corrupt back up file
after a major system crash my last 3 backups will not restore due to corrupt file. Why didn't I get an error when I was backing them up? Now what do I do? HELP!!! In microsoft.public.money, Amy Holmes wrote: >after a major system crash my last 3 backups will not >restore due to corrupt file. Why didn't I get an error >when I was backing them up? Now what do I do? HELP!!! I assume you already re-installed Money. First write-protect the floppies if your backups are on floppy. I would copy each file from a set of the backup floppies to the same directory/folder. This...

Email Functionality
Hi, In the help menu doc, it says the following Recipients of your e-mail will have the option of either requesting more information (thus becoming a lead) or requesting that they be removed from your e-mail list. Is this a built in feature or do i have to do some customisation in other to get this functionality. Has any one got further infomation on this. Kind Regards Abby ...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Direct Email permission
Hi all, is there a specific permission to allow users to access the "Send Direct Email" function (in the web) - I have looked through all the Security Roles pages but cant find it. At the moment, only Admin seems able to do this. Thanks Ian Hi Ian, There is no specific permission on sending the emails. If it only works for Administrators this can indicate a permission problem on the servers. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Ian Kelsall" wrote: > Hi all, > > is there a specific permission to allow users to access the "Send Direct > ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Column Width Corrupts Values!?
I just noticed some behavior in Access that I have not seen, or noticed, before. Is there some way to prevent it? Am I missing something? I do a query on some simple tables. One of the columns has values in it of this sort: 18.34 11.2 10 21.23 ... The values are correct. When I resize the column, i.e., make it more narrow, the values that are displayed change. They are rounded up or down to fit into the display space remaining. I find this bizarre. Is this behavior to be expected always? It caused a problem, because somebody printed out a table and the values appeared to...

Delete a Group is corrupted.
All of a sudden I cannot delete a group in my reports. I thought it might be a corruption in just one report but I've opened up a couple different databases and have discovered they are all doing the same thing. When I click on the X to delete a group level in a report I immediately get the Access has encountered and problem and will shut down the program. Then it opens back up and I have to save a back up before it will let me open the database up again. The group has not been deleted either. Is my program corrupted in some way or do I have another issue going on her...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Outlook 2003: Unable to print email from right click menu unless item is opened
I am a new user to Outlook 2003. In my prior version, after I would read the e-mail message in the inbox, I would right click the message which would bring up the menu. When I click "Print" I get a dialogue box which says "Please open this HTML message to print it." How can I bypass this and just print it without fully opening it as I was able to do in the prior version of Outlook? Thank you! ...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...