Hyperlinks and e-mail

I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup.  so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field.  Then I need to automate that process with a Macro..........

Ade
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look
at Ron's site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ade wrote:
> I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup.  so if
> I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number
> in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be
> able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the
> case number included in the subject field.  Then I need to automate
> that process with a Macro..........
>
> Ade

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/16/2004 3:26:52 PM
Thanks Frank, that tidys up the Macro part, the only issue I now have is when the vlookup runs it pulls through the text but not the hyperlink so I get the email address but not an active link that launches outlook

0
anonymous (74722)
2/17/2004 10:21:10 AM
Hi Ade
you may try something like
=HYPERLINK(your_vlookup_formula)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Ade wrote:
> Thanks Frank, that tidys up the Macro part, the only issue I now have
> is when the vlookup runs it pulls through the text but not the
> hyperlink so I get the email address but not an active link that
> launches outlook.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/17/2004 10:36:30 AM
It gives me a message "cannot open specified file" thansk for the suggestion Frank
0
anonymous (74722)

Trouble with schedule mail sending
I am using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1. Our users are on Outlook 2000, XP, and 2003 clients. I have found an issue when sending mails scheduled for a particular time. In all versions of Outlook you can schedule a message to be delivered at a particular time by configuring the message options where you will find a field "Do not deliver before" with a drop down box to select a time. In Outlook2000 I also found that you can set a send delay on a message by clicking FILE can choosing PROPERTIES to modify the message properties. There you can specify a delay in # of...

mail stores on new server
We have recently bought a new server (needed more processing power) and no longer have the old one as this has been reassigned. Our old server had Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. The new server has come pre-configured with Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 and has the default mailbox store configuration which is ok for our needs. I have moved the pub and priv *.edb & *.stm files from the old server to the new one so I would have exact copies of each users mailbox on the new server. I copied the files into the same place on the server and have tried to mount the mailbox stores, only I get a...

Mail Server Host Name
We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where I can find the Host Name of our mail server? On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:11:38 -0400, "Debbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where >I can find the Host Name of our mail server? > Its the name of the server. ...

E-mail address Masking
Hi, My security team has come-up with a recommendation to mask the e-mail id's for the incoming e-mail from our customer's. Actually the e-mail is sent to lot of people internally in the organization through a common group and our Security team want to avoid exposing the e-mail address of Sender or that e-mail & also the cc. We are using Exchange 2003 & client is Outlook & OWA. Can some one suggest me an option which will hide all the e-mail address and will just display the name of the sender. Siva. Script or on your inbound SMTP gateway with a rule ( Tumbleweed...

Sending e-mail with attachment to all Contacts of an Account
Hi, My sales people want to send out e-mails to all the contacts of their accounts. the process they want to follow is : Open-up Account , click on contact and highlight all the contact and send an e-mail, they want to be able to attach a PDF or some other document to this e-mail as well. They DON'T want to individually select each activity later-on and attach document and click Send e-mail either. Any ideas as to how to accomplish this with as less number of clicks as possible ? Thanks for your help, Kishore Hi Kishore, Are you interested in custom solutions?. If so please...

deleted mail folder
My outlook express mail wont let me empty my deleted item folder I have to delete them 1 at a time when I click to empty deleted item folder it does nothing any advice I run vista thanks "stacid33" <stacid33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17453F31-B04B-4B33-A1EC-1EA16B6E1EFF@microsoft.com... > My outlook express mail wont let me empty my deleted item folder I have to > delete them 1 at a time when I click to empty deleted item folder it does > nothing any advice I run vista thanks How are you running Outlook Express in Vista? That is ...

E-mail 1 Worksheet Out Of Workbook
Can I e-mail one worksheet out of a workbook without e-mailing the whole workbook? Thx, Jerrygolfer --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jerry, have a look here for info on how to do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Workbook. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "jerrygolfer >" <<jerrygolfer.zy2s7@excelforum-nospam.com> wro...

Can't open hyperlink in Outlook Express
Hello friends. My father-in-law (80+ yrs. old) can't open any hyperlinks in e-mails. I'm trying to help, but have no clue. Is it something in his security settings in Outlook Express? I know the links work because I'm sending them to him in e-mails. I can click on my sent message and the hyperlink works fine. Thanks for any help. ...

mail deleted from public folders
Hello, I have a problem regarding mail in a public folder. Part of the mails has been deleted by accident. I have a backup in which these mails have been backed up but it is not very recent and I cannot just restore the backup as I will loose some of the more recent mail in the folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction: How can I restore part of a public folder from backup? I'm running ex2k3 ent and std. on w2kserver and w2k3server Kind regards, David http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180117 http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid1_gci931903,00.html?offer=e...

Blacklist/Whitelist mail from domain
In Exchange 2003 is it possible to Blacklist/Whitelist mail from a particular domain? I know there is sender filtering but this takes an email address and I don't think you can enter *@domain.com I don't want to buy third party products just for this feature. thanks, Bart Hi Bart You can use the sender filtering feature in Exchange, it will accept wildcards, so *@domain.com will block all my where the MAIL FROM: field is from anyone from domain.com, you can also use *@*.com etc -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, a...

Regular Expressions in Mail Rules
Like everyone else, I get lots of spam with punctuation in the subject to foil the rules. For example I get subjects with: "Pre#scription Dr*ugs" and every permutation of punctuation interspersed. Rather than creating a rule to filter Prescription with every punctuation character between every character, I'd rather use regular expressions. Anyone know of a way to create a rule with regular expressions? Do I have to write it in VBA? ...

moving mail from one outlook to another
I have a hard drive that has an older version of outlook express on it. I can not bring up the system on this hard drive but I can install it to another computer and access the drive. I want to import my old outlook files into an out look on this other pc. What file(s) do I look for and where can I find them? "Wesley Stanley" <wesman@vt.edu> wrote in message news:22d3b01c45de1$296535a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a hard drive that has an older version of outlook > express on it. I can not bring up the system on this hard > drive but I can install it to anoth...

Lost Mail
We have multiple domains on oru Exchaneg 2003. One of the domain is not receiving mail. When I sent from hotmail to that domain I dont get any bounce back. Where are the mails going? Advise please. Thank you. have you tried any message tracing on the Exchange servers? any AV or anti-spam/content-filtering that might be interfering? you might want to turn up logging on the smtp protocol... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A4288C1-4CA9-4B77-95CB-BEB64EF5F595@microsoft.com... > We have multiple domain...

Redirecting Mail from my Contacts to My Palm Treo
I get a lot of spam so I would only want to redirect messages from sendersin my address book to an external IMAP account (which can be read by my palm). So the rule is very simple: redirect all messages that arrive and their sender is in my address book to another mail address. However, this seems to be impossible given that the condition "messages in my address book" is only local and the redict command is a server based action. Any suggetion how to solve that? Amir does the imap server support redirection? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

deleted e-mail address still appears
I deleted an e-mail address, and it no longer appears in my contact list BUT, the first three letters of the deleted name are the same as another contact and the deleted contact still comes up first. I've tried changing the properties with no luck. Any ideas? As you type the first three letters of the name and the two different names popup, use the arrow keys to select the wring name and click the delete key on teh keyboard. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 "pebseattle@seanet.com" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

How do I transfer messages & addresses from Microsoft Mail to Out.
I recently bought a new computer with Vista and installed my Office 2003 with Outlook. When I had all my e-mail messages and addresses transferred from my old computer, where I used Outlook Express, it was loaded into Microsoft Mail by the person who did the transfer. Microsoft Mail does not have a lot of the features I liked on Outlook Express so I want to transfer all my messages and addresses from Mail to Outlook. I went to Outlook and unfortunately it does not list Microsoft Mail as one of the programs it can import into. Da, Microsoft Mail was not around in 03. Can someone ple...

Can't get mail merge to work
I have been trying to send email to a small list. I have put all members of the list into a new contact folder. I prepared a WORD document and followed all the directions starting with the "mail merge" command in the contact folder. I specify all contact fields and then specify the WORD document. I enter document type "form letters" and Merge to Email. I enter a title and click "ok". The WORD document then appears with a yellow dialog box on the left. I click "merge now". I then get a "merge" window and say Merge to "Electonic mail"...

Entourage 13.0.3
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343986538_402406 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I send emails flagged/linked to a project � I can see the project flags in the outbox..but when the mail ends up in Sent Items the flags are gone... --B_3343986538_402406 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Entourage 13.0...

Downloading mails from 2 different pop3 internet mail accounts
I have configured 2 pop3 internet mail accts with different user name but with identical mail server. I made one acct as default acct. But I am receiving mails from non default acct also. I need a solution to receive mails from 1 acct at one time and also to defferent personal folders. "afn" <farhana@internationalconcepts.net> wrote in message news:288f01c3e0fc$857abde0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have configured 2 pop3 internet mail accts with > different user name but with identical mail server. I > made one acct as default acct. But I am receiving mails > ...

secure internal mail
we are using exchange 2000 with POP3 users. I wants internel users to first authenticate before sending message. I tried POP before SMTP setting but it is working for external users. Internally or locally it is not working. How can i restrict internal user to first authenticate then send mail to another user of same domain You can set this in virtual server properties. Keep in mind that once spammers find out valid credentials they will use your server as relay. Faisal wrote: > we are using exchange 2000 with POP3 users. I wants internel users to first > authenticate before sendin...

Problem with task creation from e-mails.
Hi everybody! We trying to create a task from an e-mail. We move the e-mail from the inbox to the task icon and the task is showed as a simple nice created task. But when we try that task to save and close, we got this error: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" We check of course all details, time, when, and if another information lack, anyway everything is OK. This is happen every time. We have MS-Office XP Prof. SP3 and MS-Outlook connect to Ex2k3. Thanx and Regards, Luciano ...

mail #6
e-mail will not send it just goes straight to outbox When you complete your message and press send, it's only placed in the 'Outbox' until you click the "Send/Receive" button on the main Outlook window. You can also create settings where the 'Send/Receive' action occurs automatically. It seems redundant, however it's made this way so messages can be created 'off-line' and staged to send once a internet connection is established. >-----Original Message----- >e-mail will not send it just goes straight to outbox >. > ...

WLM spends way too much time "checking mail"!
Riddle me that, por favor. -- Mark What type of account? Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm...