Hyperlink to folder on Save

Hi

I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a
hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web
Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form
another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is
there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter
when its saved on other network PCs?

Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead

=HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Felix" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a
> hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web
> Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form
> another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is
> there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter
> when its saved on other network PCs?

Using Outlook to access the same folders
I have two offices and two computers, is there a way I can have one set of folders and an inbox that is shared between them over the Internet? I used to have this capability with Exchange but now I don't work for a company... - JB JB wrote: > I have two offices and two computers, is there a way I can have one set of > folders and an inbox that is shared between them over the Internet? I used > to have this capability with Exchange but now I don't work for a company... > > - JB HI JB, over Internet? Mmmh, dont think so, but please read http://www.slipstick.com/out...

How to save replies to Sent Items folder with a shared mailbox
Hi, I am part of a software development team and we have setup a shared Mailbox (called Software Support) for support related e-mails. The problem we have, is that when anyone in the team replies to an e-mail in the Software support Inbox the reply is saved to the Sent Items folder in their own personal Mailbox. What this means is that others cannot see what the reply was to a support e-mail. Is there a way to save the replies made to e-mails in the Software Support Inbox to the Sent Items folder of the Software Support Mailbox (and NOT to the Sent Items folder in s...

cannot close mail folder
I used to be able to right click on one of several mail folders that I have (not the personal folder) and close this folder. Now when I click on the folder, I get message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I went to TOOLS - OPTIONS - MAILSETUP - DATA - FILES - and the folder in question is not even listed. How can I get close this folder out as I used to be able to do? I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks. If the folder isn't listed and you still see it your mail profile became corrupted. The easiest way out is to recreate it in Control Panel-> Mail-...

Sent Item Folder
Dear all, My outlook 2003 work properly. However, one day when i reply an email of my friend who is living in australia. I find that the recipient name(my friend's name) of the replied email in the "sent item folder" does not exit (blanked). Can anyone tell me why and tell me the solution???? Thanks!! ...

Public Folders
I'm running Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003; my MAPI clients are Outlook 2000. I've created several frequently-used public folders and want to give my users easier/quicker access to them by moving them up in the tree to be directly under Public Folders, instead of having to drill down to Public Folders > All Public Folders. I'm always told I don't have permissions. The actual message is: "Can't copy the items. Can't copy folder; access is denied. To check your permissions for the folder, right-click the folder, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. See ...

Preventing People from Saving
I created an application, that I need to distribute to a large group. Unfortunately once the app is distributed, I can not have the users saving different versions on their machines. In other words I need to distribute the app, have the users download it, but then prevent them from saving it going forward (only the original would remain on their machines.) Is this possible? If so, how would I go about doing this? Hi Andrew No this is not possible -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Lost my contact folders in Outlook 2003
Actually, I lost them only in the Folder List. They still appear in My Contacts but are just for looking at - clicking on them (right or left) does nothing. I'm assuming because of both of the above symptoms that those folders are actually gone. Fortunately, I had a backup pst and I've copied the contact folders back over to my current pst but now the missing and unclickable contact folders are still listed in My Contacts along with the actual and usable ones. How can I get rid of the useless folders listed in My Contacts that don't appear in the Folder List? Thanks ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Save Workbook Under Custom Name
I have came across assistance to save a workbook using a macro which will save a workbook with a name typed in a specific cell. It works nicely, but I want to specify also the path and sub-directory in which the file must be saved. I have used the following code ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("Name").Value The contents in Range "Name" will be the file name, but it will safe the workbook under the new name in the same directory in which the master file is allocated. Once I am able to specify the path, I want to expand my macro to clear all ranges as well, then the master wi...

When you move a document to a folder how do u retrieve it back?
How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? Open the folder and open the document - use Save As to save to a different location. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, SteveG asked: | How do u retrieve a document that you save in a folder in outlook? ...

Error on contact folder, cannot open win mail anymore
User accidentally did something moving a contact folder from "my documents" or something(he doesn't know exactly) to a pendrive which failed thus deleting it, after that, windows mail does not open anymore, it says "cannot open contacts folder" then returns error 0x800fffff and after clicking OK to that it returns MSOE.dll error. how can i fix this?, there's no backup, no system restore, nothing. i've even installed windows live mail, after more than an hour upgrading, it resturns the same contacts error and crashes. OS is Vista SP2 regards...

Corrupt Folder?
Using Outlook 2003, WinXP SP2. This probably occurred by me trying to add an Exchange connection to my existing profile, see my other posting "Exchange in Same Profile with POP and MSN". Now when I go to TOOLS / Email Accounts, under "Deliver new e-mail to the following location", I see my 2 main OST files and a blank entry. How can I get rid of the blank entry. I believe it may also be related to a root level Mail folder that shows up in Outlook in my folder list with no title, just the icon. Doesn't appear to be inside my 2 OST files since the icon is at t...

Public Folder Referral Reports?
With a large Exchange 2000 environment, we have relied on our end users to tell us when a Public Folder needs to be replicated to a remote server. Is there a tool to tell us what PF Referrals are occuring to our primary PF server? We would like to proactively create replicas of frequently used PFs on these remote servers so our end users can have the best performance possible I've been unable to find any information about tracking down PF Referrals Thanks in advance for your replies. ...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Archiving a folder
Tried to archive a folder by dragging to desktop. I imported back by dragging back to Entourage. it was not a complete archive and included some items that were not in the original Why is this/ On 2010-03-01 18:07:47 -0800, Russ Bankson said: > Tried to archive a folder by dragging to desktop. > > I imported back by dragging back to Entourage. it was not a complete archive > and included some items that were not in the original > > Why is this/ Without seeing the actual data, it would just be a guess. Is this on all folders? -- Diane Ross, Mic...

E2K3
In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin console offered a feature to grant a user righs to a public folder and all its sub folder. I cannot find a similar feature in the Exchange 2003 server console. Thanks. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700, "DrWho" <DrWho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2003, what is best method for granting a user full access to a >public folder and its sub folders. In Exchange 5.5, the Exchange admin >console offered a ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Outlook will not save the e-mail password
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. See if this helps - For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://su...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Which Folders are Archived?
When archiving occurs, which folders are archived? I have a folder named Current and want to limit the archiving to the e-mails contained in that folder. But there may be e-mails in other folders that are of the right vintage for archiving. For example, I have older e-mails in the folder of deleted e-mails. I want to be sure that the latter won't be archived. All folder in your default message store will be archived according to your AutoArchive settings. You can overrule these AutoArchive settings on a per folder basis by right clicking that folder-> Properties-> ...

Custom toolbars won't save
I have 1 user who exhibits this problem. She is running Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2003, latest service packs, on windows xp. When she creates a custom toolbar or adds existing toolbars to her outlook, closes, and reopens, all the changes are gone. User has local admin rights and is not affected by Group Policy. Testing on my own machine with same software and setup does not produce same results - in other words mine works. Are you both using the same Outlook mode? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exc...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...