Hyperlink Question #5

We have an Excel workbook that contains hyperlinks to Excel and Word
documents on other parts of our network. The problem occurs when we try to
create a hyperlink to a particular document in a particular folder. When the
document is seleected in the Insert Hyperlink window, the OK button is
greyed-out.

We can create hyperlinks to other Word documents in that folder, so
permissions is not an issue. The document can be opened from Explorer and its
permissions are set to “Unrestricted Access”. Its properties seem to be the
same as the other documents in the folder, and Security is set to Full
Control.

Any ideas?

--
Greg
0

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Question on BCP
I used the following format file in a BCP command: 9.0 21 1 SQLCHAR 0 15 "|" 1 ISILocator SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 2 SQLCHAR 0 21 "|" 2 PaperKey SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 3 SQLCHAR 0 16 "|" 3 ISIKey SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS 4 SQLCHAR 0 7 "|" 4 PubYr "" .... 21 SQLCHAR 0 7 "\r\n" 4 TapeYR "" Notice the last line. I wrongly had the data go to the 4th field in the table, when it was supposed to go the 21st field. I expected to find that this fourth field was incorrect. I...

5.4.6 and 5.1.0 NDRs
Hello, We have setup our first Exchange 2003 server, in a an Exchange 5.5 org, and sent a test email to all of our mailboxes to see if everything was ok from the Exchange 2003 server. However, 144 mailboxes returned a 5.4.6 NDR and several returned a 5.1.0 NDR message. Does anyone know how to resolve this? As usual my boss wants Exchange 2003 setup company wide yesterday, so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Ste Sounds like some kind of routing loop. Can you post some information regarding the corresponding event log entries and your Exchange design. Nue &quo...

vba charting question
Suppose I have three range objects, call them XRange, DataRange and DataLabelsRange. - XRange is a series of months, e.g. Jan 2005, Feb 2005 ... etc. - DataRange contains several series of data for each month. For example data for North Sales, South Sales, etc. - DataLabelsRange contains the actual labels "North Sales", "South Sales", etc. The goal is use VBA to create a chart from this ranges with the months on the x axis, lines for each of the series on the y axis, and a legend labeling the lines for you. Pretty simple, no? But after goofing around with the seriesc...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Quick question regariding formatting
Is there a way to set up cells in a single column where the contents would stand out when below a certain number? In my case, each column represents an item a list of customers have in stock. When the inventory falls below a certain number that I would define, it would stand out, perhaps in red, or bold, parenthesis - anything outside of the normal font would help.. thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Vinnie Format>Conditional Formatting will do the trick. Select the column or range and Format>CF>Cell Value is: Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:04:37 -04...

OWA Config Question
I have 1 Windows 2003 domain in 2 separate sites. One site is in California and the other site is in NYC. There is an Exchange 2003 server in each site. The site in NYC is the only Exchange server connected to the internet, so all inbound and outbound smtp traffic goes through the NYC Exchange server. We have OWA setup (No front end servers), and it works for the NYC site, but it does not work for the Cal site. Whenever the Cal people try to access owa, the server returns the AD address of the Cal exchange server and that is blocked by the firewall so naturally, it does not work. OWA w...

Profile question...
One of the small networks I manage had a Win2k DC that crashed. We replaced it with a 2008 SBS & since most of the clients were XP, I was able to join computers to the new domain & copy the profiles from the old location to the new location. That was until I got to the Vista laptop. On this computer, the profile shows as 'Unknown' & the 'copy to' option is grayed out. I am currently copying the contents of the C:\Users\username folder to the C:\Users\user.newdomain folder. Will this be all I need? Is there an easier way? Also, under system properties>u...

easy question : extract hexa values and fill an array
I want to do something like that : void wtoiStr(BYTE* IDServer, wchar_t* wszIDServer) { } BYTE IDServer[16]; and to call it like that wtoiStr(IDserver, "0aec6f7512cd1b76f2e1cbbc3eddddbe") the function needs to take 2 characters by two (because it represents a byte) and to put it inside IDServer array. So I will have after : IDServer[0] = 0x0a; IDServer[1] = 0xec; thanks "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bthc46$d4i$1@news-reader2.wanadoo.fr... > I want to do something like that : > > void wtoiStr(BYTE* IDServer, wchar_t* wszIDServer...

excel question #13
the_________ cell is the cell that you currently edit or modify? Homework? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany steve wrote: > the_________ cell is the cell that you currently edit or modify? Hi Steve sounds like homework so here's some multiple choice options for you: a) current b) last c) active d) A1 any of these ring a bell? Cheers JulieD "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB3AE4BC-4F47-4413-8AC9-C5AC999289E7@microsoft.com... > the_________ cell is the cell that you currently edit or modify? ActiveCell -- Cord...

Raid question
Hi all. I'm just back from a RAID 0 configuration. I have a ASUS P4P800-SE as MB, P4 3.2 Ghz, last BIOS UPDATE, I have 2 HDD : MAXTOR 6Y160M0 SATA, that I have configured as 1 "RAID 0" disk, the result was terrible, sometime CHKDISK was starting by itself, and I have lost some data so I'm back to use NORMAL disks. I don't know if RAID 0 is really so instable (or this was only a problem of mine) but I'd like to know which is the best (within a common system) RAID configuration (0+1, 5, 10 ecc ecc) I'd like also to know if someone else have had these kind of pr...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

SelectionChange Event question
I want a simple message box that displays whenever I create a new selection in a worksheet. The message box needs to display both the address of the last selection and the address of the new selection. I have the following solution: Dim LastSelected As String Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox LastSelected & Target.Address LastSelected = Target.Address End Sub This works fine except for the first time through, when LastSelected is empty. How can I get the initial selection to display in the message box? Many thanks. ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

One question
Hi, I am just wondering is it posible to create in EXCEL a chart in which x,y doesn t grow excual(I have to put one chart from a book in which walues 1,2,5,100,10000 are the same distance). Please excuse my not knowing english and in advance thank you Hi, Try plotting your y data as a line chart. Then right click the chart, go into Source Data, and enter the range holding your x data as the category labels. Does this show what you want? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296165.aspx ...

Some more questions on a social club database
With the help by a number of fellows of this newsgroup, we have enhanced a social club database with two tables - Staff and Payment. Payment table contains details like EmpID / PaidYear / Payment Date / Amount / Comment. We would like to ask some more questions re the enhancement. 1) Does it mean that we have to use Form and Subform to present staff and payment details ? 2) If we have to enter new payment, does it mean that we can go to the subform and enter 2010 (for current year) ? 3) End user would like to keep the old interface, i.e. checkboxes shown - Year2005 / Year200...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Sorting Contacts Question
I have changed the sorting of contacts from the CRM-Standard, First Name Last Name to the following; Last Name, First Name Question - Is there any way to automatically apply this type of change for all existing contacts? I know it states that it will apply the cahnge for all contacts moving forward, but that seems incredibly confusing for an end use to have to look at a combination of the two sortings... Thanks in advance, really the only viable way to do it is using a sql update, which is officially unsupported. So I am in no way recommending doing this. unofficially you could tr...

Quick question...
Hi All, Could anyone please help me figure out how to make a specified field in a worksheet be the file name in the code below. Currently the name has to be manually typed in, such as below Cambell.htm. I can't think of the variable or fieldname. Thanks. Scott Code Below ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add( _ SourceType:=xlSourceRange, _ Filename:="Campbell.htm", _ Sheet:="Schedule", _ Source:="B1:F107", _ HtmlType:=xlHtmlStatic).Publish ChDir "G:\My Documents" Scott, Use Activecell.Value or say Worksheets(1).Range(&qu...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

Formatting question. Manual line num tab letter tab text mult line
How to setup this... Manual line num tab letter tab text multiple lines so that text lines after first auto indent to second tab. I'm not sure what you are describing here... A hanging indent perhaps? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mel_3" <Mel3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EEB8597-0A53-414D-82B7-66F98ADC2604@microsoft.com... > How to setup this... > Manual line num tab letter tab text multiple lines so that text lines > after > first auto indent to second tab. ...

Exchange 5.5 Permissions #2
Dear Exchange Community, I have the following problem, on my exchange server I give myself permission to a user's account. When I try and open his mailbox, from my account I get the error message "Unable to display the folder. The inbox could not be found." (I know there is a mailbox there.) I have tried with many different user's and different mailboxes. Same problem all the time. If I leave the server overnight, or reboot it. The permissions have taken on the desired effect. I have two servers, 1x 2003 Server 1x NT Server with Exchange 5.5 Running 2x Domains. I...